You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
Ignore what I said....

Gemini on 99
Red Arrow's B9's on A2
Fab56 on P&R
Tridents, Vikings and Presidents on A1 and P&R
(26 Jul 2015, 11:01 am)S813Ā FVK wrote Erm...this is either a photoshopped image or a really big mistake...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130858332@...830120610/

Since when has 5296 been NK08 CFU. Its CGY the last time i looked. even says that on the photo.

Great spot! You'll have to ask him on the photo, but I doubt he would photoshop it. Possibly a mistake by GNE?
Interesting how when i notice it, somebody (Tommy) miraculously posts a comment on the said photo asking the question. Suggests that if i hadn't noticed it, nobody else would have.
(26 Jul 2015, 11:29 am)S813Ā FVK wrote Interesting how when i notice it, somebody (Tommy) miraculously posts a comment on the said photo asking the question. Suggests that if i hadn't noticed it, nobody else would have.

He hasn't really explained it properly eitherĀ  Rolleyes
(26 Jul 2015, 5:24 am)citaro5284 wrote Aye I loved it, got back in the house at 6 this morning!

89 buses atĀ Riverside updated with a profile change on the destination controllers, new firmware downloaded to any vehicle I was updating that had aĀ DERIC's , new destination programme uploadedĀ for the Quaylink changes, then Citylinks and Quaylinks also had to beĀ updated with the new media for the Next Stop Systems, which on some vehicles means taking down interior panels....defo enjoyed itĀ Big Grin

Glad you had fun. I enjoyed my night in my warm bed tooĀ  Tongue
(26 Jul 2015, 11:32 am)Tom wrote He hasn't really explained it properly eitherĀ  Rolleyes

Oh dear...apparently im being rude by giving him information which he apparently already knew. I think my 'rudeness' was well justified considering that he didn't even use his own eyes and instead got somebody else to do the dirty work and notice for him...if he is like that on here, god knows what he is like off the virtual world.Ā 

Somebody needs to put him in his place i guess and, well, some of you msy know that i can get very honest when i want to beĀ  Wink
Site Administrator
At least we can admire the lovely white Arial route number on that bus, if nothing else...
(26 Jul 2015, 11:01 am)S813Ā FVK wrote Erm...this is either a photoshopped image or a really big mistake...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130858332@...830120610/

Since when has 5296 been NK08 CFU (which is 5285). Its CGY the last time i looked. even says that on the photo.

Would have to be some very good photoshopping... No it's a genuine image which, as we have learned, has unintentionally exploited a major error on Go North East's side. I just use the NEB fleet list, a virtuous resource, to confirm the information I put in photo descriptions.
Site Administrator
A selection of photos from the kick-off of the new Quaylink:

[Image: 19836333178_20340f04d4.jpg]Go North East: 8335 / NK11HJF by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 19836329568_d6f3773e38.jpg]Go North East: 8316 / NK10GOJ by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 19836437080_c200ef5730.jpg]Go North East: 8338 / NK11HKT by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 19835311118_aa44582b03.jpg]Go North East: 8314 / NK10GOE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 19402448533_de53aea252.jpg]Go North East: 8313 / NK10GOC by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Nice to see that they have kept the coloured background for the route number just to further develop route recognition.
(26 Jul 2015, 2:45 pm)S813Ā FVK wrote Nice to see that they have kept the coloured background for the route number just to further develop route recognition.

We are taking them off the rest as the white looks to stand out better by itself. Ā Work in progress, with the update last night the Mercedes on the Crusader and Blaydon Racer lost their background colours.

I heard a little cry when the new programme went it, but thats life....
(26 Jul 2015, 2:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote We are taking them off the rest as the white looks to stand out better by itself. Ā Work in progress, with the update last night the Mercedes on the Crusader and Blaydon Racer lost their background colours.

I quite like the Arial font. Better than the full white destinations (or close to being) imo!

Mind, Hamilton threw the Hungarian Grand Prix away like didn't he. Apologies for going off topic.
(26 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm)S813Ā FVK wrote I quite like the Arial font. Better than the full white destinations (or close to being) imo!

Mind, Hamilton threw the Hungarian Grand Prix away like didn't he. Apologies for going off topic.

Aye he did, just pleased he extended his lead over Rosberg.
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2015, 2:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote We are taking them off the rest as the white looks to stand out better by itself. Ā Work in progress, with the update last night the Mercedes on the Crusader and Blaydon Racer lost their background colours.

All services at Gateshead now have Arial route numbers too, excluding the X66 which has the special 'X' (as found on the Tynedalexpress). Looks quite good on the X66 if I do say so myself.

Hexham-based "TEN" branded Volvo B9TLs haven't been updated yet, and won't be until next Sunday. This is when I think the coloured square will be removed from the 10/10A/10B destinations completely.
(26 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm)Dan wrote All services at Gateshead now have Arial route numbers too, excluding the X66 which has the special 'X' (as found on the Tynedalexpress). Looks quite good on the X66 if I do say so myself.

Hexham-based "TEN" branded Volvo B9TLs haven't been updated yet, and won't be until next Sunday. This is when I think the coloured square will be removed from the 10/10A/10B destinations completely.

Wasn't the X66 already an Arial number? With you saying 'excluding', i assume the X is a different font (the closest i can find is 'Arial Narrow Bold Italic' with the lines going above and below the route number manually drawn on)?
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2015, 3:22 pm)S813Ā FVK wrote Wasn't the X66 already an Arial number? With you saying 'excluding', i assume the X is a different font (the closest i can find is 'Arial Narrow Bold Italic' with the lines going above and below the route number manually drawn on)?

I don't think Arial was used previously on the X66 destinations - compare the two route numbers below:

[Image: 19810059860_d2cd37a43d.jpg]Go North East: 4975 / NK53 UOB by Marcus (Green), on Flickr

[Image: 17027705669_6a532c568d.jpg]Go North East: 5392 / NK15EMX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

I can't remember which font was used, but it certainly doesn't appear to be Arial. The 'X' is now completely drawn manually, with the '66' in Arial Bold Italics.

RIP. going to miss the Red background.

PS Citaro5284 can you speak to whoever is in charge of repaint to give Cruasder back old livery back. Thanks.

[Image: 4441814_orig.jpg]
Citaro 5296 is out on the Diamonds today - still with the registration plate issue on the front. The rear reads NK08 CGY as normal.
Wouldn't be the first time there has been a registration cock up. In 2000 Lothian Buses and Travel West Midlands both had a Volvo B7TL / Plaxton President going around at the same time with the same registration.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page -Ā https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2015, 7:21 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Wouldn't be the first time there has been a registration cock up. In 2000 Lothian Buses and Travel West Midlands both had a Volvo B7TL / Plaxton President going around at the same time with the same registration.

Pretty sure I can recall Stagecoach in Sunderland having a similar issue to Go North East whereby registrations were swapped and then swapped back again, too?
In the news, you have put 3941Ā down as being at Saltmeadows as opposed to 3942 in the relevent 'Recent Repaints' article.
Will GNE get anymore funding to upgrade any more of the scania's to Euro 5 standard?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2015, 4:31 pm)S813Ā FVK wrote Citaro 5296 is out on the Diamonds today - still with the registration plate issue on the front. The rear reads NK08 CGY as normal.

Spotted 5296 this morning and I'm pretty sure theĀ front registration was fine.
Have to laugh at the incompetency of Nexus. All these stand changes and they can't even print out the new layout on any decent sized bit of paper!
(27 Jul 2015, 6:59 am)Dan wrote Spotted 5296 this morning and I'm pretty sure theĀ front registration was fine.

Nice to see that theyve swapped it back. Certainly wasn't correct yesterday.
Go North East

#208 operating Low Pittington to Low Moorsley, Springwell Terrace & Four Lane Ends to Easington Lane, Elemore Lane closed due to incident.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Not sure if its being asked or not.... how will the Tynedale Links interwork with each other from next Mondays changes?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Jul 2015, 10:30 am)Michael wrote Not sure if its being asked or not.... how will the Tynedale Links interwork with each other from next Mondays changes?
Think the 74 and 687(?) are interworking which is the reason for the 74 being altered by 5 minutes.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.