You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
(14 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm)Michael wrote Oh? what for?!

Edit: I see! The Crusader logo on the GNE site has being updated!

The new Crusader looks very good.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:02 pm)Dan wrote Took you six hours - you're not on top form today, are you?! Tongue

I haven't being on much today, being doing other things... such as student finance.... Tongue, when will they upload a picture of the new brand on the bus??

When will we see the "See it Do It Sunderland" brand appear on the GNE?

Not think its time to launch the "Black Cats" Brand?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm)Michael wrote I haven't being on much today, being doing other things... such as student finance.... Tongue, when will they upload a picture of the new brand?

When will we see the "See it Do It Sunderland" brand appear on the GNE?

Not think its time to laugh the "Black Cats" Brand?

Laugh the Black Cats, I know Sunderland are shite but come on.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:06 pm)danpick wrote Laugh the Black Cats, I know Sunderland are shite but come on.

Well it'll be a good part of the brand! 

Edited my normal post just after i noticed it haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:02 pm)danpick wrote The new Crusader looks very good.

I hope it is, i'll not rate it until it appears on the site or one gets branded.. can't tell how well the brand is going to be by a logo lol.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:08 pm)Michael wrote Well it'll be a good part of the brand! 

Edited my normal post just after i noticed it haha

I knew it was a typo just had to say that.
(14 Aug 2015, 1:57 pm)Dan wrote I'm very disappointed in you, Michael...  Angel

the new crusader logo looks nice now i will photograph all of these vehicles on my own turf and then put them online as soon as i return home
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(14 Aug 2015, 2:53 pm)Diamond One wrote the new crusader logo looks nice now i will photograph all of these vehicles on my own turf and then put them online as soon as i return home
They aren't branded yet some still have the other variation.
(14 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm)danpick wrote They aren't branded yet some still have the other variation.

I think someone posted yesterday only 1 had the current brand remaining on the Citaro.

I would imagine all of being de-branded now... hopefully some of the ones which have being repainted will get branded over the weekend... if the stuff has arrived.

EDIT:

The new 35/35A/36 brand - See it Do it Sunderland logo has now appeared on the GNE site.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm)danpick wrote They aren't branded yet some still have the other variation.

i ment when the brand does come out
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(14 Aug 2015, 3:04 pm)Michael wrote The new 35/35A/36 brand - See it Do it Sunderland logo has now appeared on the GNE site.

Well at least that answers one question! Wink
10's are diverting via Swalwell between Derwenthaugh and Metrocentre. I guess it's either busy or there's been an accident.
(14 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)Dan wrote Well at least that answers one question! Wink

It did but they still haven't answered my question on when the Cadets will get branded for the "Black Cats"!... 

Really as were getting 8273 back from Hexham, it means all 10 Cadets can become an allocation for the "Black Cats".. with the B10 currently used as a spare.....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(14 Aug 2015, 3:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote 10's are diverting via Swalwell between Derwenthaugh and Metrocentre. I guess it's either busy or there's been an accident.

There was an accident near the Metrocentre earlier. 49s running in pairs as a result.
(14 Aug 2015, 3:15 pm)Michael wrote It did but they still haven't answered my question on when the Cadets will get branded for the "Black Cats"!... 

Really as were getting 8273 back from Hexham, it means all 10 Cadets can become an allocation for the "Black Cats".. with the B10 currently used as a spare.....

I imagine that the cadets will be re-painted before being branded..............so possibly after all these citaros are done?
(14 Aug 2015, 3:25 pm)JP6004 wrote I imagine that the cadets will be re-painted before being branded..............so possibly after all these citaros are done?

5/9 of the cadets currently at Deptford have being repainted.. with the remaining 4 + 8273 need to be repainted.... although it was September 2014 when the first 5 were repainted...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 3:27 pm)Michael wrote 5/9 of the cadets currently at Deptford have being repainted.. with the remaining 4 + 8273 need to be repainted.... although it was September 2014 when the first 5 were repainted...

Ya never know, with plans changing more times than Kim Kardashian changes her knickers, you might end with newer buses  Tongue
(14 Aug 2015, 3:43 pm)JP6004 wrote Ya never know, with plans changing more times than Kim Kardashian changes her knickers, you might end with newer buses  Tongue

Never know, i hope so, the numbers seem to be decent on the 33/33A since it was launched.. and the 39... hopefully the routes will get scania's instead... i can't see it getting Citaro's or new buses......
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 2:02 pm)Dan wrote Took you six hours - you're not on top form today, are you?! Tongue

Big'un has only just spotted it, too.Smile
Site Administrator
(12 Aug 2015, 6:38 am)Dan wrote Dennis MPD 619 has transferred to, and has entered service at, Hexham Depot. Transbus MPD 560 still currently resides at Riverside Depot, ahead of transfer to Hexham.

This has released DAF SB120 8273 from Hexham. This vehicle is currently at Riverside, ahead of its return to Deptford.

Michael's post has reminded me that I hadn't yet posted it...

DAF SB120 8273 is now in service at Deptford.
Has any of the MPD's which has gone for repaint entered service at Deptford yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(14 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote Has any of the MPD's which has gone for repaint entered service at Deptford yet?

Not to my knowledge - pretty sure they were all at Saltmeadows Rd when I was there this morning.
Site Administrator
Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4899, 4918 and 4922 have returned to service following DDA modifications at Thorntons. Similar 4919, 4920 and 4921 have now gone to Thorntons in exchange for the same treatment.
(14 Aug 2015, 6:42 pm)Dan wrote Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4899, 4918 and 4922 have returned to service following DDA modifications at Thorntons. Similar 4919, 4920 and 4921 have now gone to Thorntons in exchange for the same treatment.

It seems they're doing the B10's from Riverside first before moving else where... which is better than moving from depot to depot...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Aug 2015, 6:42 pm)Dan wrote Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns 4899, 4918 and 4922 have returned to service following DDA modifications at Thorntons. Similar 4919, 4920 and 4921 have now gone to Thorntons in exchange for the same treatment.

My life is nearly complete.
No idea if the MPD has been out all day, but the paper display on the 239 was causing confusion amongst the older folk, short-sighted and anyone without night vision goggles.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote No idea if the MPD has been out all day, but the paper display on the 239 was causing confusion amongst the older folk, short-sighted and anyone without night vision goggles.
Little use for a paper destination at the best of times, nevermind when it's dark.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(14 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm)aureolin wrote Little use for a paper destination at the best of times, nevermind when it's dark.

Except at a rally.