You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
(14 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I've never read 'The Double Helix', but I've briefly flicked through and listened to the English version of 'Mein Kampf'. It's mostly rambling nonsense but it does advance certain beliefs which, of course, form the basis of Nazi ideology. If you're studying Nazi Germany, you should pick up a copy of Ian Kershaw's 'The Hitler Myth'. Kershaw's work puts forth the idea of Hitler being the charismatic figurehead of the Nazi regime, but argues the real power lay with his inner-circle (Goering, Goebels etc.) who propagated and implemented many of the ideas being Nazism.

I imagine it'll be on your reading list if you are reading History.

Yeah, I was told by my teacher to have a look at 'Mein Kampf', as I'm doing my coursework next year on that period of time, I went to Waterstones on Wednesday to have a look, and I was going to buy something by Kershaw, might be what you've suggested, need to double check, if so I'll order it tomorrow and hopefully it'll be here by early next week. I'm centering my coursework on Hitler, hence the purchase, and pondering whether he was the largest influence on Germany in the past century.

I bought 'The Double Helix' for my own personal interest, and additional research for my EPQ, into DNA.

Edit: The Kershaw book I saw in Waterstones was simply entitled 'Hitler', I'll have a look at the one you recommend now Smile
Coming across a Car Show at Trinity Church while passing through Gosforth on ANE 4512, even more happier as I got Photos of a Ferrari F355 Berlinetta & a Ferrari Dino 308 GT4, the church offering rides around in the cars, £5 for 15 Minutes but I decided to pass on that.

Photos are on my Flickr for those interested.
(15 Aug 2015, 8:12 pm)Malarkey wrote Coming across a Car Show at Trinity Church while passing through Gosforth on ANE 4512, even more happier as I got Photos of a Ferrari F355 Berlinetta & a Ferrari Dino 308 GT4, the church offering rides around in the cars, £5 for 15 Minutes but I decided to pass on that.

Photos are on my Flickr for those interested.

£5 for 15 minutes seems like a pretty good deal if you ask me!
(17 Aug 2015, 4:00 pm)Malarkey wrote Got Interviews for Burger King which due to open on Trinity Square in Gateshead, and an Interview for Bar Work at the SOL once again this week.

When does B.K. open in Trinity Square?
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(17 Aug 2015, 4:00 pm)Malarkey wrote Got Interviews for Burger King which due to open on Trinity Square in Gateshead, and an Interview for Bar Work at the SOL once again this week.

Good Luck Malarkey Smile
(17 Aug 2015, 4:13 pm)danpick wrote When does B.K. open in Trinity Square?

They had signs up the other day when I went to Tesco but it didn't say when it'd be opening. I'd think pretty soon though.

Good luck with the interviews both.
(17 Aug 2015, 8:05 pm)danpick wrote Feel sorry for everyone works there having to work with you.

Well for a start my own mother works there you tool.

Look, just because I didn't spend the day with you at Carlisle it doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole about it.
(17 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm)LeeCalder wrote Well for a start my own mother works there you tool.

Look, just because I didn't spend the day with you at Carlisle it doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole about it.

Yeah there's no need for that at all, good luck with the job, hope it goes well. Smile
(17 Aug 2015, 8:49 pm)Tom wrote Yeah there's no need for that at all, good luck with the job, hope it goes well. Smile

Thanks Tom. It's only temporary at the moment but I've been told that I will probably be kept on with some extra work.
(17 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm)LeeCalder wrote Well for a start my own mother works there you tool.

Someone's a radgy bastard. I was being sarcastic and you are the one who accused us of following you and then told us to F*ck *ff and called me a Pervert for going into the toilet.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
An unexpected day off from job number two where I would been working outside and getting drenched in the process.

(17 Aug 2015, 7:57 pm)LeeCalder wrote Tomorrow, I will be starting my new job at Intrinsic! Wink

What's Intrinsic and what will you be doing there?
Getting to my first match of the new season last night Smile Had to rush straight from work (finish 1851, kick off 1945 at Bishop!) but it was well worth it as Darlington best Frickley 3-0. Never stopped raining all night so thank god for my big work jacket.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Marxista Fozzski
(19 Aug 2015, 9:00 am)tyresmoke wrote Getting to my first match of the new season last night Smile Had to rush straight from work (finish 1851, kick off 1945 at Bishop!) but it was well worth it as Darlington best Frickley 3-0. Never stopped raining all night so thank god for my big work jacket.

Surprised theatch went ahead like, all ya have to do normally is have a piss on the Heritage Park to waterlog it...

Good result anyway, specially after Buxton
(19 Aug 2015, 9:52 am)MrFozz wrote Surprised theatch went ahead like, all ya have to do normally is have a piss on the Heritage Park to waterlog it...

Good result anyway, specially after Buxton

Pitch was absolutely perfect last night, as you would expect early in the season

Marxista Fozzski
(19 Aug 2015, 11:26 am)tyresmoke wrote Pitch was absolutely perfect last night, as you would expect early in the season
Thats good...

Whats the situation with Blackwell Meadows at the moment? I have not took much notice to be honest
(19 Aug 2015, 11:31 am)MrFozz wrote Thats good...

Whats the situation with Blackwell Meadows at the moment? I have not took much notice to be honest

To be honest I've not kept up with the situation either but suffice to say nothing is happening at the moment as a new guy on the rugby club's board doesn't seem to want us there. So I think its Bishop for the forseeable future.