You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Whats made you happy today?

RE: Whats made you happy today?
I like urban 90 seats alot (my opinion) 1311 has comfortable seats. 1411 sounds like it ice skates. 2802 drives me up the wall on the 554, I'd much rather have 2601-2603. 7484 and 7501 make a colossal, low noise and 4514 rattles along with the GNE ones!

Ps I love 1799's seats
Site Administrator
(23 Aug 2015, 8:31 am)Michael wrote Any massive changes on them?

Service changes take place annually in September to accommodate for revisions to scholars tenders and the associated changes. Riverside's fleet was updated on the night of the changes to the "Quaylink" services (26 July 2015), Stanley's fleet was updated on the night of the changes in Hexham (2 August 2015), and Deptford was updated last night. Chester-le-Street, Percy Main and Washington will also have to undergo an update next Sunday.

The DDA regulations state that a route number cannot be on the left hand side of a front destination display, so we're currently upgrading the destination controllers to the latest firmware and rolling out a new standardised programme which removes the need for electricians to change switch settings on the destination displays. At present; sign 4 in Deptford's programme could be something completely different in Percy Main's programme, so when a bus transfers from one depot to another, the depots have to play around to get the destination working.

It'll be a gradual roll-out with the new programme and you shouldn't really notice any changes to the destinations which work correctly at the moment - you should only see the ones which were wrong be corrected. We're certainly now in the transition period between the depots managing the destinations and me managing them centrally.
(23 Aug 2015, 10:07 am)Dan wrote Service changes take place annually in September to accommodate for revisions to scholars tenders and the associated changes. Riverside's fleet was updated on the night of the changes to the "Quaylink" services (26 July 2015), Stanley's fleet was updated on the night of the changes in Hexham (2 August 2015), and Deptford was updated last night. Chester-le-Street, Percy Main and Washington will also have to undergo an update next Sunday.

The DDA regulations state that a route number cannot be on the left hand side of a front destination display, so we're currently upgrading the destination controllers to the latest firmware and rolling out a new standardised programme which removes the need for electricians to change switch settings on the destination displays. At present; sign 4 in Deptford's programme could be something completely different in Percy Main's programme, so when a bus transfers from one depot to another, the depots have to play around to get the destination working.

It'll be a gradual roll-out with the new programme and you shouldn't really notice any changes to the destinations which work correctly at the moment. We're certainly now in the transition period between the depots managing the destinations and me managing them centrally.

I don't notice things like that
Site Administrator
(23 Aug 2015, 10:07 am)Dan wrote It'll be a gradual roll-out with the new programme and you shouldn't really notice any changes to the destinations which work correctly at the moment - you should only see the ones which were wrong be corrected. We're certainly now in the transition period between the depots managing the destinations and me managing them centrally.

For example; 5162 at Deptford has a 160x17 front LED display, but when it transferred to Deptford, it was set up as a normal 144x19 display (so everything looked squished). As it has flipdot side/rear, these weren't working, as an LED programme had been loaded to it.

Before:
[Image: 19298668893_89295b0510.jpg]Go North East: 5162 / T812CBW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

After:
[Image: 20781955496_0001818d70.jpg]Go North East: 5162 / T812CBW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

18:30 to 03:30am the following morning isn't a bad shift, mind...  Rolleyes
(23 Aug 2015, 10:15 am)Dan wrote For example; 5162 at Deptford has a 160x17 front LED display, but when it transferred to Deptford, it was set up as a normal 144x19 display (so everything looked squished). As it has flipdot side/rear, these weren't working, as an LED programme had been loaded to it.

Before:
[Image: 19298668893_89295b0510.jpg]Go North East: 5162 / T812CBW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

After:
[Image: 20781955496_0001818d70.jpg]Go North East: 5162 / T812CBW by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

In the second photo, 5162 looks tilted more to one side like what normally happens with Omnicitys or was it done deliberately?
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(23 Aug 2015, 10:15 am)Dan wrote For example; 5162 at Deptford has a 160x17 front LED display, but when it transferred to Deptford, it was set up as a normal 144x19 display (so everything looked squished). As it has flipdot side/rear, these weren't working, as an LED programme had been loaded to it.

Before:

After:

The writing afterwards seems thicker

Before:

After:

Ah right, you can notice a slight change to them.

Looking through your latest pictures Dan didn't realise Deptford's allocations will change so much in September for work runs etc..You'll have fun updating the allocated thread........ Tongue

Edit: Changed the sentence.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(23 Aug 2015, 10:21 am)South Tyne Lad wrote In the second photo, 5162 looks tilted more to one side like what normally happens with Omnicitys or was it done deliberately?

The engineers probably had the bus kneeling on purpose as it was above a pit.
I also enjoyed my brief walk around Tynemouth Market. It wasn't an intentional visit but I've always fancied a mooch round. As I was passing through on the metro I thought, why not?
(24 Aug 2015, 12:48 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Just missed the 22 from Sunderland and caught it up on the x21. Didn't need to spend a minute longer than necessary in Peterlee

I take it that you dislike Peterlee
This turning up on the 101 in Bishop Auckland this afternoon.
[Image: 20854473281_715c94bcbc.jpg]Weardale Motor Services: SN03 EBM by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to ride the service up to Stanhope and I grabbed the front seat upstairs and I got to see the good views on the way to Stanhope. Sadly I ended up with a Solo on the return to Bishop Auckland, oh well!

Additionally this example is not on the NEB Weardale fleet list.
Marxista Fozzski
(24 Aug 2015, 5:21 pm)Diamond One wrote While I was in Hull getting my football shirt done now says 11 Clucas I ended up meeting a footballer the guy who scored in the 2008 play off final against Bristol City Dean Windass

Name Dropper...Tongue

Seriously, I used to love Dean Windass, was funny when he once got sent off 3 times...In the same game when he was at Aberdeen 1997

Windass sent off Three Times
Marxista Fozzski
One Direction have split for a bit

I hope fade into obscurity and not seen till the days they are invited to be housemates in Celebrity Big Brother as Z-List idiots in about 20 years...

I wonder how many little girls are contemplating suicide tonight
(22 Aug 2015, 5:42 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And after a second stage interview/group session today, I've only gone and got the job!!!!!  Big Grin Start Monday at 1030 - I'm now in the Sales/Marketing business (for now anyway)

Well, after careful consideration, I turned down the job as it wasn't guaranteed pay (and when you learn the stats in the Door-to-Door Sales success, you'd understand). Instead, I've now possibly got a chance to work at the Royal Mail sorting centre in Middlesbrough (if I get vetted) and/or a chance to do my Forklift licence.
(24 Aug 2015, 7:31 pm)MrFozz wrote One Direction have split for a bit

I hope fade into obscurity and not seen till the days they are invited to be housemates in Celebrity Big Brother as Z-List idiots in about 20 years...

I wonder how many little girls are contemplating suicide tonight

Don't think any of them would do too well in a cage with some snakes on I'm a Celebrity...

It'd be the only time I'd ever want to see one of them though, incase the snake decided it also hated the 'music' they produced...
(24 Aug 2015, 7:43 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Well, after careful consideration, I turned down the job as it wasn't guaranteed pay (and when you learn the stats in the Door-to-Door Sales success, you'd understand). Instead, I've now possibly got a chance to work at the Royal Mail sorting centre in Middlesbrough (if I get vetted) and/or a chance to do my Forklift licence.

For what it's worth, I think you've made the right decision. When you mentioned you were in the 'Sales/Marketing business', I had an inkling it would be door-to-door based. I imagine it'll be extremely hard to meet even minimum wage if it's commission-based unless you're an out-and-out conman. You're well out of it if you ask me!