You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

RE: What has amused/made you laugh today?
(28 Aug 2015, 6:03 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Some of the street names in Crook. Wheatbottom made me Smile but Low Jobs Hill... Big Grin

Where employment prospects are amongst the highest in the UK, of course...
(31 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)Adam wrote It still totally bemuses me how he declared as "The Most Influential Person in the World" by some magazine. Whatever happened to the likes of Stephen Hawking or Malala Yousafzai or Mother Teresa?!

That same magazine was probably granted an exclusive with Kayne West on the understanding he would labelled 'The Most Influential Person in the World'.

Unfortunately, it's how a number magazines make a living these days.
(31 Aug 2015, 7:35 pm)Adam wrote It gets on my wick that. Yet some poor souls will believe it and then treat him like some form of God.

I think he does it to gratify his own ego. If he reads it in a magazine which he has helped to influence, it confirms in his mind that he is the most influential person in the world.

It's like the old adage: 'If one does what God does enough times then one becomes God'.
(31 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Al Murray ran for Thanet South back in the elections...

And is far more suited to a career in politics, though he'd have a job removing his tongue from his cheek.
(31 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)Adam wrote It still totally bemuses me how he was declared as "The Most Influential Person in the World" by some magazine. Whatever happened to the likes of Stephen Hawking or Malala Yousafzai or Mother Teresa?!

Mother Teresa is slightly beyond a career in politics, but this makes for interesting reading, anyhow.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2...022813.php
(31 Aug 2015, 10:57 pm)Adam wrote I enjoyed reading that. Thank you for sharing. It's a shame the full report that was due to be published is in French like but never mind. 

It totally puts a new spin on Mother Teresa and whether she too was seeking fame for her work, or accidentally became a famous by-product of the media wanting to promote the work that missionaries do. You know, informing people about what happens in the world, the essential basis of what journalism is.

The idea of a living saint was spin doctoring at its best - and certain sections of the media enabled that in much the same way as they beatified Princess Diana.
Woman with a physique that makes mine look good, dressed in tight white trousers and rather translucent white t-shirt with black bra. I'm not into fat shaming, but the Husband laughed at my face when I saw her. I had my "WHY?" look on, apparently.
(02 Sep 2015, 11:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Woman with a physique that makes mine look good, dressed in tight white trousers and rather translucent white t-shirt with black bra. I'm not into fat shaming, but the Husband laughed at my face when I saw her. I had my "WHY?" look on, apparently.

I had the misfortune of having to go to the Galleries yesterday, so I had plenty of that to deal with. Only seen two women out in what can only be described as pyjamas bottoms mind.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Sep 2015, 8:06 am)NK53 TKT wrote If it's old will Doncaster's Butt Hole Road be on just it was renamed

I'll have to have a look. It's still safely rolled up until I can get a frame for it.
I don't think busty bank and cockfield are on it but shitlington hall is.

ETA cockfield is there. The Northeast is surprisingly sparse, though. I think whoever compiled it ran out of suggestions after tackling the Southwest.
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Sep 2015, 8:06 am)NK53 TKT wrote If it's old will Doncaster's Butt Hole Road be on just it was renamed
Do you not mean Butt Hole Lane in Shepshed, Leicestershire
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm)DanPicken wrote That the Newcastle team had to walk part of the journey in London due to Traffic.
Brian Clough used to do something like that when he was in charge of Derby and Nottingham Forest, when he went to Leeds he would get everyone off the bus and walk the last few hundred yards
The stupidness of the 'orange hi-vis' man tonight...

When the X31 pulled up behind us he came out with: "if you want to get on the X31 then you need to get off and get on the X31". I thought you could just teleport onto it...