You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Your Travel Queries
(17 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm)Davie wrote Is Killingworth bus station near Alpha Recovery yard?

Alpha Recovery is situated just behind Tyneside Autoparc near Cramlington.
Site Administrator
(17 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm)Davie wrote Is Killingworth bus station near Alpha Recovery yard?

Not really.

The closest you can get is on the 17 or 52 to Dudley.

In comparison to America, yes. Tongue

Dan posted a map of the bus stops in this thread. Arriva service X5 (can't remember the new number) and GNE 17 stop nearby.
(17 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm)GX03 SVC wrote In comparison to America, yes.

Dan posted a map of the bus stops in this thread. Arriva service X5 (can't remember the new number) and GNE 17 stop nearby.
Thanks mate.

(17 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm)Dan wrote Not really.

The closest you can get is on the 17 or 52 to Dudley.
Cheers Dan.
(17 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm)GX03 SVC wrote In comparison to America, yes. Tongue

The X8 is the new MAX number, however they have no MAX buses for it yet
(21 Sep 2015, 7:56 pm)Jimmi wrote Can someone provide me with some services in the Hexham area other than the 85/685 and Go North East services as I'm struggling to find timetables in these areas through Google searches.

Don't think there are many more than the ones you have already mentioned.
(21 Sep 2015, 7:58 pm)S813 FVK wrote Don't think there are many more than the ones you have already mentioned.
Was trying to see what services PCL Travel had but nothing in the Hexham area on Wednesday's it seems. Was also trying to see if there was any other services operated by independents but having done some more Googling and searching some threads on here found there wasn't really anything. Thanks anyway.

I'm planning on heading to Hexham on Wednesday as I foolishly haven't snapped the AD122 at all yet and Wednesday will be my last chance to do so. Not sure if I will ride any services whilst I'm over that way or not, anyone got any suggestions?
(21 Sep 2015, 8:30 pm)Jimmi wrote Was trying to see what services PCL Travel had but nothing in the Hexham area on Wednesday's it seems. Was also trying to see if there was any other services operated by independents but having done some more Googling and searching some threads on here found there wasn't really anything. Thanks anyway.

I'm planning on heading to Hexham on Wednesday as I foolishly haven't snapped the AD122 at all yet and Wednesday will be my last chance to do so. Not sure if I will ride any services whilst I'm over that way or not, anyone got any suggestions?

Hi Jimmi

PCL only run to Hexham on a Tuesday with the 673 service from Whittonstall. This service arrives at Hexham bus station at 10.00 and returns to Whittonstall at 12.35.

You could catch Wrights on the 888 Newcastle to Keswick service which arrives at Hexham bus station at 10.00.

A good short trip from Hexham is to Acomb on GNE. You can visit Tyne Valley and Primrose Coaches. They are both normally OK about letting enthusiasts look around their yards.

Tuesday is the best day to visit Hexham as its mart day.

Charles
(22 Sep 2015, 10:39 am)Charles41 wrote Hi Jimmi

PCL only run to Hexham on a Tuesday with the 673 service from Whittonstall. This service arrives at Hexham bus station at 10.00 and returns to Whittonstall at 12.35.

You could catch Wrights on the 888 Newcastle to Keswick service which arrives at Hexham bus station at 10.00.

A good short trip from Hexham is to Acomb on GNE. You can visit Tyne Valley and Primrose Coaches. They are both normally OK about letting enthusiasts look around their yards.

Tuesday is the best day to visit Hexham as its mart day.

Charles

Thanks Charles

Sadly I can't do today with me having other things to do but I wanted a shot of the AD122 Hadrian's Wall service which kept putting off due to other things coming up and with it now being in its last week of the 2015 season I only have tomorrow to get a shot of it as I'm busy the rest of the week so I'm going tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestion for Acomb but I am not really keen on going to depots for photos as I can't ask if it's okay sort of thing due to some issues I have. Going to have a look online tonight at buses in the Hexham area and I may get the 0900 15 to Consett then the 689 up to Hexham then whatever after that and finally to Newcastle where I am going to try and get some services that only run limited journeys such as the GNE 307 and services with a different allocation from the rest of the day, such as the Chester-le-Street operated X1 journey. I am planning to try and get shots of stuff like these different allocations at peak times, was going to do the two afternoon 265's in Durham yesterday afternoon but left the SD card in my other camera, typical as well as Chester-le-Street allocated Pronto 6041 to their working yesterday afternoon.
Your Travel Queries
Don't suppose anyone knows whether the 15:13 service 23 from Washington Galleries Bus Station is operated by Gateshead Central Taxis or JH Coaches on Saturday's?

I ask as I'm thinking of doing an outing in the Sunderland area where I plan to sample the GCT 73 Sunderland - Concord then the GCT 23 Washington - Birtley, already sampled JH Coaches efforts on the 23.
(30 Sep 2015, 11:07 pm)Jimmi wrote Don't suppose anyone knows whether the 15:13 service 23 from Washington Galleries Bus Station is operated by Gateshead Central Taxis or JH Coaches on Saturday's?

I ask as I'm thinking of doing an outing in the Sunderland area where I plan to sample the GCT 73 Sunderland - Concord then the GCT 23 Washington - Birtley, already sampled JH Coaches efforts on the 23.

The 23 from Washington Galleries at 15:13 is indeed operated by Central Taxis Gateshead.
(01 Oct 2015, 7:46 am)Jimmi wrote Thanks.

I used this service the other week. The 1513 departure and sit right at the back, this service gets 3/4 full. Also, be wary of the omission of Wrekenton Bus Link and the 5 minute 'layover' at Lansbury Drive which would make you late on arrival at Birtley Morrisons.
(01 Oct 2015, 8:46 am)GX03 SVC wrote I used this service the other week. The 1513 departure and sit right at the back, this service gets 3/4 full. Also, be wary of the omission of Wrekenton Bus Link and the 5 minute 'layover' at Lansbury Drive which would make you late on arrival at Birtley Morrisons.
Why do I somehow feel that I'm going to regret this.
Site Administrator
(02 Oct 2015, 7:09 am)NK53 TKT wrote Is the 32/32A PVR on a Sunday mixed GNE and Arriva with a 50/50 split?

No.

- Stagecoach run the 32/32A services on Monday - Saturday daytimes
- Arriva run the 32/32A services on Monday - Saturday evenings
- Go North East run the 32/32A services on Sunday daytimes
(10 Oct 2015, 9:26 am)NK53 TKT wrote Any idea which bus goes NEAREST to Whickham Thornes?

Get the 49 or 49B and get off near the junction of Park Terrace and Ellison Road in Dunston. Then walk in a Westerly direction along Market Lane. Whickham Thorns is about quarter of a mile. You will pass a large school called Kingsmeadow on the way. The Thorns is just past the boundary of the school playing fields. You cant miss it, there's a large climbing tower clearly visable from Market Lane.

Charles
(10 Oct 2015, 10:12 am)Charles41 wrote Get the 49 or 49B and get off near the junction of Park Terrace and Ellison Road in Dunston. Then walk in a Westerly direction along Market Lane. Whickham Thorns is about quarter of a mile. You will pass a large school called Kingsmeadow on the way. The Thorns is just past the boundary of the school playing fields. You cant miss it, there's a large climbing tower clearly visable from Market Lane.

Charles

Can you get the 98?
(10 Oct 2015, 9:47 am)Dan wrote No.

- Stagecoach run the 32/32A services on Monday - Saturday daytimes
- Arriva run the 32/32A services on Monday - Saturday evenings
- Go North East run the 32/32A services on Sunday daytimes

If so, then the Arriva app is incorrect - it shows that they have 3 boards on 32/32A on Sundays (0950, 1020 and 1050 their first departures off Market Street).
(10 Oct 2015, 10:59 am)Charles41 wrote Yes you can get the 98 as well, get off before it starts going up Dunston Bank.

Charles

Thanks Charles, I will do that, want to attempt a trip on a base-liveried solar if possible
Site Administrator
(10 Oct 2015, 10:58 am)Kuyoyo wrote If so, then the Arriva app is incorrect - it shows that they have 3 boards on 32/32A on Sundays (0950, 1020 and 1050 their first departures off Market Street).

You should have answered the question originally!

Go North East operates the 0920, 1120, 1320, 1520 and 1720 #32 services from Newcastle - I had (perhaps foolishly) assumed that, as two vehicles make up the PVR of Go North East's output on Sundays, that this would be the full output. Having looked at the running boards, one bus does the morning journeys and the other bus does the afternoon journeys (meeting on Market Street off the 13:16 32A arrival).
(10 Oct 2015, 10:58 am)Kuyoyo wrote If so, then the Arriva app is incorrect - it shows that they have 3 boards on 32/32A on Sundays (0950, 1020 and 1050 their first departures off Market Street).

I have been on an Arriva one on a Sunday which is why I asked
(10 Oct 2015, 11:05 am)Dan wrote You should have answered the question originally!

Go North East operates the 0920, 1120, 1320, 1520 and 1720 #32 services from Newcastle - I had (perhaps foolishly) assumed that, as two vehicles make up the PVR of Go North East's output on Sundays, that this would be the full output. Having looked at the running boards, one bus does the morning journeys and the other bus does the afternoon journeys (meeting on Market Street off the 13:16 32A arrival).

I didn't see the post until after you had replied. I merely checked myself to make sure. I'd guess the GNE one works one bus one driver as per the Arriva output at Stockton on Sundays.
Site Administrator
(10 Oct 2015, 11:05 am)NK53 TKT wrote I have been on an Arriva one on a Sunday which is why I asked

Your signature says you can answer any bus related questions about Gosforth... How comes you were the one asking the question, and Kuyoyo and I are the ones who have answered it?  Tongue