Menu

Pages (34)    16 7 834   
S813 FVK   27 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm
Arriva North East apparently supposed to be taking over Stagecoach North East...
NK53 TKT   27 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)S813 FVK wrote Arriva North East apparently supposed to be taking over Stagecoach North East...

I saw that on flickr Tongue
Won't happen as what do you do with 541 buses if Stagecoach IS taken over
WHICH WON'T HAPPEN
citaro5284   27 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)S813 FVK wrote Arriva North East apparently supposed to be taking over Stagecoach North East...

Who said that?
Jimmi   27 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)S813 FVK wrote Arriva North East apparently supposed to be taking over Stagecoach North East...

You say that but Arriva did take over the Stagecoach Darlington operations.

Where has this come from?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   27 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I saw that on flickr Tongue
Won't happen as what do you do with 541 buses if Stagecoach IS taken over
WHICH WON'T HAPPEN

Give them to the company that is taking them over Tongue

Mind you, EYMS didn't give First any buses in the Finglands sale in Manchester.
NK53 TKT   27 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm)citaro5284 wrote Who said that?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...760839705/

Someone on Dan's flickr page
S813 FVK   27 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm)Jimmi wrote You say that but Arriva did take over the Stagecoach Darlington operations.

Where has this come from?

Dan's photo of 6129.
BusLoverMum   27 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

That's even more ridiculous than big'un's assertion that First Bus are going to cease to exist.

I've been having fun with him. I've re-named the fab 56 the faffy 56 after a rather tedious journey on it, from Sunderland to Newcastle, yesterday. He's not pleased.

And for added hilarity, littl'un decided to get himself changed, today. He fished yesterday's fithy trousers out of the laundry basket and helped himself to one of my tops off the airer Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   27 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm)BusLoverMum wrote That's even more ridiculous than big'un's assertion that First Bus are going to cease to exist.

I've been having fun with him. I've re-named the fab 56 the faffy 56 after a rather tedious journey on it, from Sunderland to Newcastle, yesterday. He's not pleased.

And for added hilarity, littl'un decided to get himself changed, today. He fished yesterday's fithy trousers out of the laundry basket and helped himself to one of my tops off the airer Big Grin
First WILL EXIST
I will list some proof:
Transpennine Express
First Great Western
First Bus
Admittedly they have lost some business
Abellio has received a lot of their business
BusLoverMum   27 Sep 2015, 11:06 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm)NK53 TKT wrote First WILL EXIST
I will list some proof:
Transpennine Express
First Great Western
First Bus
Admittedly they have lost some business
Abellio has received a lot of their business

He gets a notion stuck in his head and will obsessively ask questions and make comments about it. Rational discussion and explanation doesn't make any difference. He just starts at the beginning another day Rolleyes
tyresmoke   28 Sep 2015, 7:50 pm
Kellogg's been giving driving licences out again judging by what I've seen today!
If a bus stops to let cars through a chicane then don't try and overtake and end up face to face with traffic coming the other way!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

BusLoverMum   28 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm
(28 Sep 2015, 7:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote Kellogg's been giving driving licences out again judging by what I've seen today!
If a bus stops to let cars through a chicane then don't try and overtake and end up face to face with traffic coming the other way!

There's a few of those round these parts. Amazing how many cars end up wrapped up in the chevrons. No idea how they do it Dodgy
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   28 Sep 2015, 8:01 pm
Until my phone just loudly beeped a weather warning through, (more fog) I was the only person in the house awake. At 9pm!
BusLoverMum   28 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm
Not the article. The comments Big Grin
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7480538
BusLoverMum   01 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm
Spotted a version of this story in Bus & Coach Week. The guy works for Arriva Durham.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/...re-6495294
He's a fair way off his target, unfortunately, despite the article in the Mirror.
Jimmi   01 Oct 2015, 3:01 pm
(01 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Spotted a version of this story in Bus & Coach Week. The guy works for Arriva Durham.
He's a fair way off his target, unfortunately, despite the article in the Mirror.

I saw this on the Arriva North East Facebook about a week or so ago, with more photos on that post.

Shame to hear he's not near to reaching his target though.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   01 Oct 2015, 9:16 pm
(01 Oct 2015, 3:01 pm)Jimmi wrote I saw this on the Arriva North East Facebook about a week or so ago, with more photos on that post.

Shame to hear he's not near to reaching his target though.

I've just noticed that he's put one of those lights on his bonnet! I've learnt to identify a few Wright bus models by the positioning of those alone!
S813 FVK   02 Oct 2015, 6:36 am
(01 Oct 2015, 9:16 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I've just noticed that he's put one of those lights on his bonnet! I've learnt to identify a few Wright bus models by the positioning of those alone!

The CCTV camera?
NK53 TKT   02 Oct 2015, 6:53 am
(01 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Spotted a version of this story in Bus & Coach Week. The guy works for Arriva Durham.

If GNE got them would it replace the red vans Tongue
Jimmi   02 Oct 2015, 9:35 am
A slightly amusing thing in the urinals at the Metrocentre.
[Image: 3c3e5d56c72cc99a29654ae75055e8cd.jpg]

Still light-years behind Japan where they have electric games controlled by how you pee.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   05 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm
listening to nightowls
BusLoverMum   05 Oct 2015, 10:33 pm
(02 Oct 2015, 9:35 am)Jimmi wrote A slightly amusing thing in the urinals at the Metrocentre.
[Image: 3c3e5d56c72cc99a29654ae75055e8cd.jpg]

Still light-years behind Japan where they have electric games controlled by how you pee.

Eww. I bet they get minging after a wee while.
omnicity4659   06 Oct 2015, 8:00 am
I saw some clothes for sale in my local Asda yesterday. Me and my brother chuckled when we saw the name of the brand...Genuine Dickies! Big Grin
Michael   07 Oct 2015, 11:13 am
This video - We are finally able to reveal what animals are thinking....

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveSci...99/?type=2&theater

I laughed for ages haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   07 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm
Just read a tweet announcing that the A1(M)n/b at Catterick was due to close tonight for roadworks, but that's been cancelled due to flooding.

That'll be the flooding that's currently closed the A1(M) n/b at Catterick.

You couldn't make it up.

Of course, the closure means that big'un's journey home from school will be fun (probably through Darlo). And Husband is in Wakefield, today. Visiting the Highways Agency, for work. Slightly ironic that he didn't know the A1(M) was closed, this morning, really.
Andreos1   08 Oct 2015, 9:57 am
Technically this post is 12 hours too late - but went to the Chris Ramsey DVD recording last night.

Must admit, he isn't as funny as his mentor (and joke writer) Jason Cook, but still enjoyed the night. Having seen Ramsey (and others) at a charity gig at The Stand last month, I was expecting similar material. It was similar, but he had certainly refined his lines.

https://twitter.com/IAmChrisRamsey/statu...2349344769

What got me last night, was the need to iron out mistakes and repeat a handful of lines - rather than continue over them or make a joke of the mistake.
Obviously this meant some of the show was rather stilted.
With sitting very near the front of the theatre, there was the chance to see some of the banter between him and the audience, up close.

I would recommend buying the DVD or asking Santa via your Christmas list. The bonus being, you may see me sitting in the background, chuckling away!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jimmi   08 Oct 2015, 10:10 am
(08 Oct 2015, 9:57 am)Andreos1 wrote Technically this post is 12 hours too late - but went to the Chris Ramsey DVD recording last night.

Must admit, he isn't as funny as his mentor (and joke writer) Jason Cook, but still enjoyed the night. Having seen Ramsey (and others) at a charity gig at The Stand last month, I was expecting similar material. It was similar, but he had certainly refined his lines.

https://twitter.com/IAmChrisRamsey/statu...2349344769

What got me last night, was the need to iron out mistakes and repeat a handful of lines - rather than continue over them or make a joke of the mistake.
Obviously this meant some of the show was rather stilted.
With sitting very near the front of the theatre, there was the chance to see some of the banter between him and the audience, up close.

I would recommend buying the DVD or asking Santa via your Christmas list. The bonus being, you may see me sitting in the background, chuckling away!

Would have loved to have gone along to that, seen Chris Ramsey twice, the first was at Planet Leisure on Aycliffe Industrial Estate so whilst the gig was going on there was a roller disco downstairs. In this gig Chris pulled down a glitter ball from the ceiling and cut himself in the process but thankfully someone brought along wet wipes. Also saw him do a gig at The Forum in Darlington recently. Not seen Jason Cook live but I would like to as from what I've seen on TV and online is quite funny.

Certainly looking forward to the DVD.
Andreos1   08 Oct 2015, 10:22 am
(08 Oct 2015, 10:10 am)Jimmi wrote Would have loved to have gone along to that, seen Chris Ramsey twice, the first was at Planet Leisure on Aycliffe Industrial Estate so whilst the gig was going on there was a roller disco downstairs. In this gig Chris pulled down a glitter ball from the ceiling and cut himself in the process but thankfully someone brought along wet wipes. Also saw him do a gig at The Forum in Darlington recently. Not seen Jason Cook live but I would like to as from what I've seen on TV and online is quite funny.

Certainly looking forward to the DVD.

Jason Cook was the warm-up last night.
Only on a short while, but he was good.

It is maybe worth you checking out gigs at The Stand. Jason Cook is often on there and each time I have seen him, it has been less than a tenner in.
He usually has Chris Ramsey tagging along, making an appearance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   08 Oct 2015, 11:27 am
(08 Oct 2015, 10:22 am)Andreos1 wrote Jason Cook was the warm-up last night.
Only on a short while, but he was good.

It is maybe worth you checking out gigs at The Stand. Jason Cook is often on there and each time I have seen him, it has been less than a tenner in.
He usually has Chris Ramsey tagging along, making an appearance.
I'd love to but it's convincing people I know (who can drive) to go with as I wouldn't go on my own and I can't because of the lacking of public transport on an evening from Newcastle (and Middlesbrough plus other places).
Andreos1   08 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm
(08 Oct 2015, 11:27 am)Jimmi wrote I'd love to but it's convincing people I know (who can drive) to go with as I wouldn't go on my own and I can't because of the lacking of public transport on an evening from Newcastle (and Middlesbrough plus other places).

http://www.thestand.co.uk/whats-on/Newcastle

There are sometimes events on during the day.

If you can't find anyone who drives to take you - there is only one thing for it... learn to drive :p

Pages (34)    16 7 834