Menu

Pages (8)    14 5 68   
Adrian   25 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm
(25 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm)Michael wrote A suggestion for the fleet lists...

Maybe add a tab for which Euro engine each bus has?

So something like this:

Fleet No.  Reg Chassis  Bodywork   Depot   Livery Euro Engine  Yr New   Filter

I like this idea. I think there was a concern in the past, that the more columns you have, the more obscure it looks on the end-user's screen. Euro rating fields are always going to be minimal characters though, so it'd fit quite well.

One thing I'd suggested previously, which I still think is a good idea, would be to have little icons (or badges) below the "Year New:" field, on the fleet item page. Icons could be for Wi-Fi and Power Sockets, activated by a check box on the editor page that is used to update the lists.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   28 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm
I was thinking, it would be a nice addition if there was a 'Train Related Outings & Reviews' thread. It's just I know a lot of forum member use the train as well as buses, and it could possibly be merged with one of the 'Trains' or 'Railways in General' threads?
Tommy1581   15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm
I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?
Adrian   15 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Tommy1581 wrote I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?

You could use Excel for this purpose? I just use two sheets, lookup references, and conditional formatting.

The fleet list doesn't require authentication to view, nor does it recognise who you are when you browse to it. I'd assume that implementing this feature would require a massive rewrite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   15 Jan 2015, 9:49 pm
(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Tommy1581 wrote I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?

You could use Excel for this purpose? I just use two sheets, lookup references, and conditional formatting.

The fleet list doesn't require authentication to view, nor does it recognise who you are when you browse to it. I'd assume that implementing this feature would require a massive rewrite.

S813 FVK   13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm
Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.
Dan   13 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm
(13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm)S813 FVK wrote Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.

I tried about five different plugins in total, and I don't think the one we use has the function you'd like... Another one certainly did, but there was a problem with that one somewhere along the line...

It was on your profile on that plugin - you'd see your "like statistics". Number received, number given, and that would be be drilled down to show links to the posts.

Will double check settings tomorrow morning/night to make sure we definitely can't have it.
Jackamcardle   10 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm
Whoevers took the likes away, please, bring them back!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm
Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!
Michael   16 Sep 2015, 4:46 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm)Dan wrote If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!

Haha that's a defo!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

With a like button, although I was in favour at first, it's been completely misused. I personally feel that it discourages people from debate, which is a bad thing in my opinion. A dislike button would result in people disliking people's posts for often personal reasons, and it then subsequently results in people questioning why someone has disliked their post....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   16 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm
Can i ask, can we get rid of some of the threads which hasn't been used in ages?

Threads are lingering which no one has post in for months... will save space on the forum.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   16 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm)Adrian wrote I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

With a like button, although I was in favour at first, it's been completely misused. I personally feel that it discourages people from debate, which is a bad thing in my opinion. A dislike button would result in people disliking people's posts for often personal reasons, and it then subsequently results in people questioning why someone has disliked their post....

Ravelry has a disagree button (they have something like Interesting, Funny, Educational, Agree Diagree). There's a few people who have made enemies who have someone systematically stalking them, clicking Funny and Disagree to every single post they make.

It definitely doesn't work.
NK53 TKT   19 Nov 2015, 9:20 pm
Will we get moods back, just wondering?
Charles41   20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am
I think we should have the like button back.

Whilst I understand it to an extent discourages debate, I feel that it is useful. To give an example if I am on my lunch break reading the forum then I often do not have time to post a full reply to a post.

I feel the like button is a good way of expressing support and satisfaction.

Any thoughts?

Charles
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg in Weardale   20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm
I agree with Charles.
citaro5284   20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm
(20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am)Charles41 wrote I think we should have the like button back.

Whilst I understand it to an extent discourages debate, I feel that it is useful. To give an example if I am on my lunch break reading the forum then I often do not have time to post a full reply to a post.

Any thoughts?

Charles

(20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I agree with Charles.

Totally agree
DanPicken   20 Nov 2015, 7:46 pm
(20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote Totally agree

As do I Charles made a very good point.
NK53 TKT   20 Nov 2015, 9:02 pm
(20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am)Charles41 wrote I think we should have the like button back.

Any thoughts?

Charles
I agree
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   20 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm
An anonymous like system (like YouTube) may work.

DanPicken   20 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm
(20 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm)Adrian wrote An anonymous like system (like YouTube) may work.

Could be a setting where you can choose if you want to be anonymous or not.
NK53 TKT   21 Nov 2015, 9:21 am
(20 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm)DanPicken wrote Could be a setting where you can choose if you want to be anonymous or not.

That is a VERY good idea
omnicity4659   21 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm
It would be nice to have an anynomous like system as long as the OP knows who has liked their post.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Nov 2015, 5:31 pm
No such system exists.

Regardless of that, we would be going back to what we had before... People making bitchy comments and snide remarks at each other in an attempt to obtain "likes".
Jackamcardle   21 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm
(21 Nov 2015, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote No such system exists.

Regardless of that, we would be going back to what we had before... People making bitchy comments and snide remarks at each other in an attempt to obtain "likes".

I don't think that that's entirely true. It was a very small amount of people who put on a 'show' to obtain likes but for most of the forum members it was a good way for people to agree with each other. For me it was a way to pick out posts that were important or interesting to read, which was a much easier way for me to view the forum - and after all, it was only a bit of banter.  Big Grin

(Please do not take any offence to this, it is merely my opinion)
S813 FVK   21 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm
(21 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I don't think that that's entirely true. It was a very small amount of people who put on a 'show' to obtain likes but for most of the forum members it was a good way for people to agree with each other and for me it was a way to pick out important posts that were important or interesting to read - and after all, it was only a bit of banter.  Big Grin

(Please do not take any offence to this, it is merely my opinion)

You aren't wrong but as usual, the few that do decide to abuse the system spoil it for everybody.
Dan   21 Nov 2015, 6:35 pm
(21 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm)S813 FVK wrote You aren't wrong but as usual, the few that do decide to abuse the system spoil it for everybody.

Yes, exactly.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   21 Nov 2015, 6:36 pm
(21 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm)S813 FVK wrote You aren't wrong but as usual, the few that do decide to abuse the system spoil it for everybody.

It is unfortunate I agree, but more personal consequences could've been made. For instance the 'warning level' that i seem to have under my profile.
DanPicken   21 Nov 2015, 6:39 pm
(21 Nov 2015, 6:36 pm)Jackamcardle wrote It is unfortunate I agree, but more personal consequences could've been made. For instance the 'warning level' that i seem to have under my profile.

I used to have a warning level of 10%.
Pages (8)    14 5 68