Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (51) Previous 146 47 4851 Next
Diamond One

Banned

28 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm #921
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/22...ed-public/ 5409 now branded taken by me
Diamond One
28 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm #921

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/22...ed-public/ 5409 now branded taken by me

Michael

28 Oct 2015, 7:18 pm #922
Spotted this on the GNE Facebook page

To have the 43/44 bus service reinstated.

https://www.change.org/p/go-north-east-t...=415067182&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default
Edited 28 Oct 2015, 7:18 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Oct 2015, 7:18 pm #922

Spotted this on the GNE Facebook page

https://www.change.org/p/go-north-east-t...=415067182&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

28 Oct 2015, 7:42 pm #923
(28 Oct 2015, 3:39 pm)NK53 TKT When I was on 6133 I could not see the rail bridge from the Redheugh Bridge Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

It's been pretty poor. Got home to find that we still had fog, of course. Then again, we do tend to be prone to Weather, here.
BusLoverMum
28 Oct 2015, 7:42 pm #923

(28 Oct 2015, 3:39 pm)NK53 TKT When I was on 6133 I could not see the rail bridge from the Redheugh Bridge Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

It's been pretty poor. Got home to find that we still had fog, of course. Then again, we do tend to be prone to Weather, here.

28 Oct 2015, 7:47 pm #924
(28 Oct 2015, 7:18 pm)Michael Spotted this on the GNE Facebook page

Won't be changed
NK53 TKT
28 Oct 2015, 7:47 pm #924

Won't be changed

nk55

28 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm #925

Sunniside, front street & club still have the X30 to whickham, of course not to the stop at the very far end of whickham. Bizarre petition i think.
nk55
28 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm #925

Sunniside, front street & club still have the X30 to whickham, of course not to the stop at the very far end of whickham. Bizarre petition i think.

Michael

28 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm #926
(28 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm)nk55 Sunniside, front street & club still have the X30 to whickham, of course not to the stop at the very far end of whickham. Bizarre petition i think.

Think its about no buses going through Hobson industrial estate to. 

I'll not be signing it, as i don't live in the area.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm #926

(28 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm)nk55 Sunniside, front street & club still have the X30 to whickham, of course not to the stop at the very far end of whickham. Bizarre petition i think.

Think its about no buses going through Hobson industrial estate to. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

nk55

28 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm #927
(28 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm)Michael Think its about no buses going through Hobson industrial estate to. 

In the 3 weeks prior to the changes i dropped off 1 passenger when heading towards stanley, non the other way. General feeling at stanley seems to be it would be ideal to have peak workings through hobson as maybe a 6A, surprised there's been no mention of the 6 not stopping at the stops through teams & dunston. Slight variation in the numbers maybe would help, say 6X.
nk55
28 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm #927

(28 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm)Michael Think its about no buses going through Hobson industrial estate to. 

In the 3 weeks prior to the changes i dropped off 1 passenger when heading towards stanley, non the other way. General feeling at stanley seems to be it would be ideal to have peak workings through hobson as maybe a 6A, surprised there's been no mention of the 6 not stopping at the stops through teams & dunston. Slight variation in the numbers maybe would help, say 6X.

Venturego

28 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm #928
Tonight at 8pm' ish noticed through Burnopfield Service 6 operated by Coast & Country Streetlite toward Newcastle; Service X70 operated by Durham Diamond Citaro toward Consett and a Service 6 operated by Toonlink Scania toward Stanley. Earlier the 6 to Newcastle was using the Beamish Streetlite. - This is a regular occurence on evenings (I have seen Coast & Country Streetlites on a number of occasions)

I would think depots should be either incentivised to allocate correct branded eqpt. to the designated routes, or penalised if they continue to mess about with putting any available bus on the route (if there is not a good reason for switch)
Marketing of branded routes will only suffer in the long term if customers (some elderly) get confused - especially when the route (43/44 - to New 6) has just been changed.

Living on the route, I would agree the changes have been disastrous. Not only is the Hobson (A692) no longer served, but when the Omnidekkas do operate the 6, they serve the housing estates in Lintz (Burnopfield) and Sunniside (Glebeway) - My point that deckers are not suitable for these sections (especially when 2 oncoming buses need to pass.

My thoughts would be to re-route the Venture solos (V7/V8) around these areas, giving the 6 more direct routing. Hobson would still be a problem, as is the reduction of the sevice 6 (43/44) to every 30 mins rather than 15 mins. Maybe in future equipment may change to new Streetlites at double the freequency, splitting the route at certain points.

Maybe as Michael suggests continue with Service number 6 but introduce a 6X - or reroute 6 to pick up e.g. Hobson, Teams, Dunston etc..  A more direct service X6 could then operate, and in sections, part route as a true Limited Stop express (those areas of Gateshead/Newcastle served by other services from Metro Centre etc... (Combined 4 per hour peak = 2 Service 6 every hour + 2 Service X6 each hour, combined + every 15 mins at main stops - as it were with 43/44)

- Guess after only one week the service will have to be monitored a while longer before necessary changes are made though.
Edited 28 Oct 2015, 8:48 pm by Venturego.
Venturego
28 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm #928

Tonight at 8pm' ish noticed through Burnopfield Service 6 operated by Coast & Country Streetlite toward Newcastle; Service X70 operated by Durham Diamond Citaro toward Consett and a Service 6 operated by Toonlink Scania toward Stanley. Earlier the 6 to Newcastle was using the Beamish Streetlite. - This is a regular occurence on evenings (I have seen Coast & Country Streetlites on a number of occasions)

I would think depots should be either incentivised to allocate correct branded eqpt. to the designated routes, or penalised if they continue to mess about with putting any available bus on the route (if there is not a good reason for switch)
Marketing of branded routes will only suffer in the long term if customers (some elderly) get confused - especially when the route (43/44 - to New 6) has just been changed.

Living on the route, I would agree the changes have been disastrous. Not only is the Hobson (A692) no longer served, but when the Omnidekkas do operate the 6, they serve the housing estates in Lintz (Burnopfield) and Sunniside (Glebeway) - My point that deckers are not suitable for these sections (especially when 2 oncoming buses need to pass.

My thoughts would be to re-route the Venture solos (V7/V8) around these areas, giving the 6 more direct routing. Hobson would still be a problem, as is the reduction of the sevice 6 (43/44) to every 30 mins rather than 15 mins. Maybe in future equipment may change to new Streetlites at double the freequency, splitting the route at certain points.

Maybe as Michael suggests continue with Service number 6 but introduce a 6X - or reroute 6 to pick up e.g. Hobson, Teams, Dunston etc..  A more direct service X6 could then operate, and in sections, part route as a true Limited Stop express (those areas of Gateshead/Newcastle served by other services from Metro Centre etc... (Combined 4 per hour peak = 2 Service 6 every hour + 2 Service X6 each hour, combined + every 15 mins at main stops - as it were with 43/44)

- Guess after only one week the service will have to be monitored a while longer before necessary changes are made though.

citaro5284

28 Oct 2015, 8:49 pm #929
(28 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm)Venturego Tonight at 8pm' ish noticed through Burnopfield Service 6 operated by Coast & Country Streetlite toward Newcastle; Service X70 operated by Durham Diamond Citaro toward Consett and a Service 6 operated by Toonlink Scania toward Stanley. Earlier the 6 to Newcastle was using the Beamish Streetlite. - This is a regular occurence on evenings (I have seen Coast & Country Streetlites on a number of occasions)

My thoughts would be to re-route the Venture solos (V7/V8) around these areas, giving the 6 more direct routing. Hobson would still be a problem, as is the reduction of the sevice 6 (43/44) to every 30 mins rather than 15 mins. Maybe in future equipment may change to new Streetlites at double the freequency, splitting the route at certain points. - Guess after only one week the service will have to be monitored a while longer before necessary changes are made though.

What bus types use to operate through the estate in Burnopfield can I ask?

Can I ask,
citaro5284
28 Oct 2015, 8:49 pm #929

(28 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm)Venturego Tonight at 8pm' ish noticed through Burnopfield Service 6 operated by Coast & Country Streetlite toward Newcastle; Service X70 operated by Durham Diamond Citaro toward Consett and a Service 6 operated by Toonlink Scania toward Stanley. Earlier the 6 to Newcastle was using the Beamish Streetlite. - This is a regular occurence on evenings (I have seen Coast & Country Streetlites on a number of occasions)

My thoughts would be to re-route the Venture solos (V7/V8) around these areas, giving the 6 more direct routing. Hobson would still be a problem, as is the reduction of the sevice 6 (43/44) to every 30 mins rather than 15 mins. Maybe in future equipment may change to new Streetlites at double the freequency, splitting the route at certain points. - Guess after only one week the service will have to be monitored a while longer before necessary changes are made though.

What bus types use to operate through the estate in Burnopfield can I ask?

Can I ask,

Adrian

28 Oct 2015, 8:53 pm #930

I'm not a fan of branded vehicles off route, and I agree with you that this can cause confusion, but I'd assume that on an evening, it's done on a cost basis. I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper to run a Streetlite on an evening, to what it is to run a decker. If the difference in operating cost over a year, means that the service becomes more viable, then I guess it has it's benefits.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Oct 2015, 8:53 pm #930

I'm not a fan of branded vehicles off route, and I agree with you that this can cause confusion, but I'd assume that on an evening, it's done on a cost basis. I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper to run a Streetlite on an evening, to what it is to run a decker. If the difference in operating cost over a year, means that the service becomes more viable, then I guess it has it's benefits.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

28 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm #931
(28 Oct 2015, 8:53 pm)Adrian I'm not a fan of branded vehicles off route, and I agree with you that this can cause confusion, but I'd assume that on an evening, it's done on a cost basis. I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper to run a Streetlite on an evening, to what it is to run a decker. If the difference in operating cost over a year, means that the service becomes more viable, then I guess it has it's benefits.

I agree, I feel the same way about the Q3 extra services, the evening one is a corporate liveried vehicle, the morning one is a TEN bus though. Therefore, I understand the reason for the morning bus as it works off a 10A
NK53 TKT
28 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm #931

(28 Oct 2015, 8:53 pm)Adrian I'm not a fan of branded vehicles off route, and I agree with you that this can cause confusion, but I'd assume that on an evening, it's done on a cost basis. I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper to run a Streetlite on an evening, to what it is to run a decker. If the difference in operating cost over a year, means that the service becomes more viable, then I guess it has it's benefits.

I agree, I feel the same way about the Q3 extra services, the evening one is a corporate liveried vehicle, the morning one is a TEN bus though. Therefore, I understand the reason for the morning bus as it works off a 10A

Venturego

28 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm #932
(28 Oct 2015, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 What bus types use to operate through the estate in Burnopfield can I ask?

Can I ask,

Diamond Citaros - but these were considered too large for the housing estate parts of the route. Double Deckers were used on X70/X71 which missed this section out.
Another alternative in Lintz estate would be to route the Nexus R5 and loop back onto its route via Burnopfield Font Street and Rowlands Gill for connectiions to Metro Ctr & Newcastle.
Venturego
28 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm #932

(28 Oct 2015, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 What bus types use to operate through the estate in Burnopfield can I ask?

Can I ask,

Diamond Citaros - but these were considered too large for the housing estate parts of the route. Double Deckers were used on X70/X71 which missed this section out.
Another alternative in Lintz estate would be to route the Nexus R5 and loop back onto its route via Burnopfield Font Street and Rowlands Gill for connectiions to Metro Ctr & Newcastle.

citaro5284

28 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm #933
(28 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm)Venturego Diamond Citaros - but these were considered too large for the housing estate parts of the route. Double Deckers were used on X70/X71 which missed this section out.

Ah OK, so in terms of width for the buses passing each other, there is no difference now as then, in fact, I think the Omnidekka's are narrower as they dont have massive mirors.
citaro5284
28 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm #933

(28 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm)Venturego Diamond Citaros - but these were considered too large for the housing estate parts of the route. Double Deckers were used on X70/X71 which missed this section out.

Ah OK, so in terms of width for the buses passing each other, there is no difference now as then, in fact, I think the Omnidekka's are narrower as they dont have massive mirors.

BJ10VUS

28 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm #934
(28 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm)NK53 TKT I agree, I feel the same way about the Q3 extra services, the evening one is a corporate liveried vehicle, the morning one is a TEN bus though. Therefore, I understand the reason for the morning bus as it works off a 10A

You have to think about it though. Would it be worth branding a bus "Quaylink" for the sake of two journeys a day?
BJ10VUS
28 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm #934

(28 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm)NK53 TKT I agree, I feel the same way about the Q3 extra services, the evening one is a corporate liveried vehicle, the morning one is a TEN bus though. Therefore, I understand the reason for the morning bus as it works off a 10A

You have to think about it though. Would it be worth branding a bus "Quaylink" for the sake of two journeys a day?

citaro5284

28 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm #935
(28 Oct 2015, 9:29 pm)Jimmi Don't know about that, I've been having a fair few recently, not just hand gestures either, I have had others covering faces, pretty sure in this photo: https://flic.kr/p/A2yKJb the driver has pulled the sun visor down to not be photographed (whilst going round an incredibly busy roundabout I might add), it is now getting to the stage where I am starting to think I am now responsible for putting the passengers on-board at risk by the driver hiding their faces whilst going round roundabouts.

They must know you have a reputation...haha  Tongue
citaro5284
28 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm #935

(28 Oct 2015, 9:29 pm)Jimmi Don't know about that, I've been having a fair few recently, not just hand gestures either, I have had others covering faces, pretty sure in this photo: https://flic.kr/p/A2yKJb the driver has pulled the sun visor down to not be photographed (whilst going round an incredibly busy roundabout I might add), it is now getting to the stage where I am starting to think I am now responsible for putting the passengers on-board at risk by the driver hiding their faces whilst going round roundabouts.

They must know you have a reputation...haha  Tongue

DanPicken

Banned

29 Oct 2015, 9:35 am #936
5416 has failed on Stand D at Eldon square been there since I got here at 5 past 9.
DanPicken
29 Oct 2015, 9:35 am #936

5416 has failed on Stand D at Eldon square been there since I got here at 5 past 9.

29 Oct 2015, 9:40 am #937
(28 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm)BJ10VUS You have to think about it though. Would it be worth branding a bus "Quaylink" for the sake of two journeys a day?

No it wouldn't but a Northern or corporate liveried GNE bus in my opinion is better than a TEN.
NK53 TKT
29 Oct 2015, 9:40 am #937

(28 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm)BJ10VUS You have to think about it though. Would it be worth branding a bus "Quaylink" for the sake of two journeys a day?

No it wouldn't but a Northern or corporate liveried GNE bus in my opinion is better than a TEN.

DanPicken

Banned

29 Oct 2015, 9:51 am #938
(29 Oct 2015, 9:35 am)DanPicken 5416 has failed on Stand D at Eldon square been there since I got here at 5 past 9.

The engineers have arrived with 646 and the driver has now gone.
DanPicken
29 Oct 2015, 9:51 am #938

(29 Oct 2015, 9:35 am)DanPicken 5416 has failed on Stand D at Eldon square been there since I got here at 5 past 9.

The engineers have arrived with 646 and the driver has now gone.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm #939
Folks - although we have a difference in opinion, can we please not use this as an opportunity to slag each other off?

When I am back home, I will move these posts to the Transport Photography thread. It's not entirely relevant to GNE.
Dan
29 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm #939

Folks - although we have a difference in opinion, can we please not use this as an opportunity to slag each other off?

When I am back home, I will move these posts to the Transport Photography thread. It's not entirely relevant to GNE.

Michael

29 Oct 2015, 3:58 pm #940
Seems they are working on the issue on the live map app...

There is an issue with the app at the moment, we have informed the software developers who are currently trying to resolve this. I am sorry.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Oct 2015, 3:58 pm #940

Seems they are working on the issue on the live map app...

There is an issue with the app at the moment, we have informed the software developers who are currently trying to resolve this. I am sorry.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (51) Previous 146 47 4851 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average