You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015
(01 Nov 2015, 2:12 pm)Diamond One wrote wonder what this month fares like

Do you mean Fairs?.

What do we all think the service changes in February are going to be?
(01 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm)B10man wrote What do we all think the service changes in February are going to be?

Well known GNE.... it'll be North Sunderland  Angel , i hope not though.... all the services seem to working! 

I'll go for North Tyneside.... they haven't really changed in a while.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Nov 2015, 3:33 pm)cbma06 wrote Do you mean Fairs?.

yes i ment whats gonna happen this month

(01 Nov 2015, 4:50 pm)Michael wrote Well known GNE.... it'll be North Sunderland  Angel , i hope not though.... all the services seem to working! 

I'll go for North Tyneside.... they haven't really changed in a while.

what about South Tyneside that needs changed badly
(01 Nov 2015, 5:18 pm)Diamond One wrote yes i ment whats gonna happen this month

what about South Tyneside that needs changed badly

Could be both area's. 

I just hope they don't decide to change all the Sunderland services again, if any changes it'll be for certain journeys aren't getting used.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Nov 2015, 5:30 pm)Michael wrote Could be both area's. 

I just hope they don't decide to change all the Sunderland services again, if any changes it'll be for certain journeys aren't getting used.

South Tyneside needs looking at the 5 and 9 look certainly changing a little
(01 Nov 2015, 6:40 pm)Diamond One wrote South Tyneside needs looking at the 5 and 9 look certainly changing a little

The 9 is a funny one - sometimes i don't think it needs to be every 15 minutes between Sunderland and Jarrow - only at certain times of the day but you could say that for most of the routes...... 

As for the 5 - not sure what they could do to that route.

--------------

Wonder if GNE could change the 40/41 and 80 to make it one route.... although not sure how the route would be set out as i don't really know the area.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Sorry but can someone please tell the people who run the GNE Facebook page to learn where the routes go again... over and over i see them giving out wrong info - example from today:
.png own servies.png
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Nov 2015, 6:42 pm)Michael wrote The 9 is a funny one - sometimes i don't think it needs to be every 15 minutes between Sunderland and Jarrow - only at certain times of the day but you could say that for most of the routes...... 

--------------

Wonder if GNE could change the 40/41 and 80 to make it one route.... although not sure how the route would be set out as i don't really know the area.

for a starter 9 could use decent vehicles as with 5 only thing we get is horrible renowns
(01 Nov 2015, 6:42 pm)Michael wrote The 9 is a funny one - sometimes i don't think it needs to be every 15 minutes between Sunderland and Jarrow - only at certain times of the day but you could say that for most of the routes...... 

--------------

Would not work having it as 1 route
(01 Nov 2015, 9:18 pm)NK53 TKT wrote On the 353 tomorrow morning, can I have 626 please =-)

Why 626
Site Administrator
(01 Nov 2015, 9:18 pm)NK53 TKT wrote On the 353 tomorrow morning, can I have 626 please =-)

The 353 service must be allocated one of the longer Solos, 637 - 639, owing to the higher capacity contractual requirement.

You've a greater chance of a red Versa turning up than 626.
(01 Nov 2015, 9:32 pm)Dan wrote The 353 service must be allocated one of the longer Solos, 637 - 639, owing to the higher capacity contractual requirement.

You've a greater chance of a red Versa turning up than 626.

are they mich longer than the other solos
Apparently serious issues with Diamond replacements 16, V7 & V8. Sections of former Diamond (43/44/44A) route from Stanley to Newcastle being missed out. Buses (Omnidekkas) uncomfortable seats for long journeys and heavy window misting ( Citaros and Streetiles have forced ventilation/demisting - as proposed by Nexus/NECTA as requirement for QCS) - I was in a heated debate tonight with a cross section of ages deploring the recent changes. Service has halved in frequency from every 15 mins at key locations to only 2 per hour.
Site Administrator
(01 Nov 2015, 9:47 pm)dannygee wrote are they mich longer than the other solos

30 seats on 637 - 639 opposed to the standard 27 on the other Nexus branded examples.

I think the number in the model name of Optare products represents the size of the vehicle? As such, the standard size is 8.9 metres and 637 - 639 are 9 metres?
(01 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm)Venturego wrote Apparently serious issues with Diamond replacements 16, V7 & V8. Sections of former Diamond (43/44/44A) route from Stanley to Newcastle being missed out. Buses (Omnidekkas) uncomfortable seats for long journeys and heavy window misting ( Citaros and Streetiles have forced ventilation/demisting - as proposed by Nexus/NECTA as requirement for QCS) - I was in a heated debate tonight with a cross section of ages deploring the recent changes. Service has halved in frequency from every 15 mins at key locations to only 2 per hour.

And has in return been upgraded in terms of capacity effectively allowing two journeys worth of passengers to travel on 1 bus.
(01 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm)Dan wrote 30 seats on 637 - 639 opposed to the standard 27 on the other Nexus branded examples.

I think the number in the model name of Optare products represents the size of the vehicle? As such, the standard size is 8.9 metres and 637 - 639 are 9 metres?

I'd guess that too. Even with the Versa, V1170 is the model name for the 11.7m Versa. Can't be a coincidence surely.
Site Administrator
(01 Nov 2015, 9:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote And has in return been upgraded in terms of capacity effectively allowing two journeys worth of passengers to travel on 1 bus.

In all honesty, it is more cost-effective for the operator that way, but a more frequent service with single deckers is probably more convenient for passengers.

The overall PVR hasn't changed drastically, so I think it's mainly been about shuffling the pack to utilise frequency and capacity more effectively. Whilst some have seen their frequency reduce, others have seen theirs increase.
(01 Nov 2015, 10:01 pm)Dan wrote In all honesty, it is more cost-effective for the operator that way, but a more frequent service with single deckers is probably more convenient for passengers.

The overall PVR hasn't changed drastically, so I think it's mainly been about shuffling the pack to utilise capacity more effectively.

Wonder if they'll look at all the complaints about the changes, seems to be loads about services avoiding Hobson... 

Think it'll be reinstated in the future?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I don't think people have waited long enough to really feel the benefit of the changes. They seem to think a bus company can do anything that they want. While the Hobson issue may be an issue to some (which is evident - even i can see where they are coming from without living there), if it works for the operator and see the services being used more than they would if routed via Hobson, I suppose there is no reason to change them again regardless of how many people complain.
(01 Nov 2015, 10:19 pm)S813 FVK wrote I don't think people have waited long enough to really feel the benefit of the changes. They seem to think a bus company can do anything that they want. While the Hobson issue may be an issue to some (which is evident - even i can see where they are coming from without living there), if it works for the operator and see the services being used more than they would if routed via Hobson, I suppose there is no reason to change them again regardless of how many people complain.

Maybe Stanley Buses, Hunters, Classic  etc... could compete with Service, range and Pricing - No? - don't think so, as it is in effect a GNE Monopoly. So GNE should listen or allow another operator to run service (or this would really be the deciision of commisioners)
(01 Nov 2015, 10:37 pm)Venturego wrote Maybe Stanley Buses, Hunters, Classic  etc... could compete with Service, range and Pricing - No? - don't think so, as it is in effect a GNE Monopoly. So GNE should listen or allow another operator to run service (or this would really be the deciision of commisioners)

Why not though, they could give it go, no ones stopping them...

Look at PYGALLS COACHES, they tried the 

230: Sunderland - Hartlepool
X27: Metrocentre - can't remember where it started!

They didnt work so were withdrawn, they wouldnt know if they didnt try new routes....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Stanley Buses' MC1/MC2 were really successful. GNE were eager to get their hands on the services (which is what they did in the end) just to remove the competition.
(02 Nov 2015, 8:01 am)MVK 500R wrote 6052 broken down at the junction of John Dobson Street and Market Street.
That may explain why there's a Merit on there then.