You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Tyne and Wear Metro

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro
(20 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm)Bus_User wrote Its definately not being refurbished that is for sure and if one lift is out of order then common sence would be to stop every train onto the opposite platform.

I agree the message on social media was not the best but I don't think it was that difficult to understand either, especially if your local.

Now being said the Asbestos has spread from tunnel to Station.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Mind I cannot believe the tweet Metro put out earlier...football matches up here must be rare.

Tyne and Wear Metro ‏@My_Metro  1h1 hour ago
Delays to the service due to passenger loadings due to  the Football Match
(21 Nov 2015, 7:42 pm)citaro5284 wrote Mind I cannot believe the tweet Metro put out earlier...

Tyne and Wear Metro ‏@My_Metro  1h1 hour ago
Delays to the service due to passenger loadings due to  the Football Match

It's Monument the queue was up the Stairs to the Gates because St.James is shut.
Metro has updated their fleet this morning... to horses again....

Sort out the Metro (official)

Horse on the track at brockley whins Sunderland to Newcastle
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Nov 2015, 10:11 am)Michael wrote Metro has updated their fleet this morning... to horses again....

Sort out the Metro (official)

Horse on the track at brockley whins Sunderland to Newcastle

Oh oh he comes my recurring joke again there is neigh way am moving now
(23 Nov 2015, 10:27 am)Diamond One wrote Oh oh he comes my recurring joke again there is neigh way am moving now

This is neigh laughing matter.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
There are no trains running between St James and Chillingham Road in both directions, this is due to obstruction on the line. We will update you once we have more information.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
41 mins ago:

A train has been withdrawn from service at Airport. Due to this we have a gap in the service of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Great..... think i'll get the Northern train this morning.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 am)Michael wrote 41 mins ago:

A train has been withdrawn from service at Airport. Due to this we have a gap in the service of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Sort the metro Facebook group are reporting the metro on the coast is also running 15 minutes late.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm)Richard Young wrote Hello,

Does anybody know if Nexus Freedom Information charge for requesting next station announcements on a CD?

Thank you,
Richard.

No it's free as far as I'm aware, they'll send you it in the post.
(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 am)Michael wrote 41 mins ago:

Yes, I found that out the hardway. 07:50 Regent Centre-Pelaw did not run and my 07:53 from Regent Centre to South Hylton was late. I think I might just give up.
(25 Nov 2015, 12:25 pm)GX03 SVC wrote http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/metro-...are-agreed

Singles on Ferry and Metro reduce buy 10p.
DaySavers increase.

Not worth the price at all, they should be dropping everything after the year they've had!!

Full list of prices here: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...202016.pdf
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Who is providing the buses for this Sunday's bus replacement bus services?:

900 - Gateshead - Jarrow
901 - Gateshead - Brockley Whins
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Nov 2015, 10:47 am)Michael wrote Who is providing the buses for this Sunday's bus replacement bus services?:

900 - Gateshead - Jarrow

Probably Go North East; having said that I once had a Blyth gemini on THAT 901
(27 Nov 2015, 10:47 am)Michael wrote Who is providing the buses for this Sunday's bus replacement bus services?:

900 - Gateshead - Jarrow

GNE IIRC if you get the timetable for 900/1 its in the corner.
According to someone on "Sort out the Metro" group:

Stuck at Sunderland central a person has been hit by a train at Stadium of Light.

Not sure but i hope not Sad
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Nov 2015, 10:49 pm)Michael wrote According to someone on "Sort out the Metro" group:

Stuck at Sunderland central a person has been hit by a train at Stadium of Light.

Not sure but i hope not Sad

From the NEXUS site: 

There are major delays to trains running between South Hylton and Airport due to a police incident.
Please leave extra time for your journey.
Updated at 22:44, Friday, 27 November 2015
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Service has now resumed and trains are running between Brockley Whins and Sunderland in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 20 mins. This was due to a police incident. Please leave extra time for your journey.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Nov 2015, 11:53 pm)Diamond One wrote Edward Gregg: "Stuck at Sunderland central a person has been hit by a train at Stadium of Light" am travelling there tomorrow and at a match there

It was already noted and would be back on anyway.
Site Administrator
(29 Nov 2015, 8:38 am)DanPicken wrote 3971, 3872 and 6084 are out.

More to the point - are the drivers using the destinations which say "Jarrow", "Gateshead", etc?
(29 Nov 2015, 8:46 am)Dan wrote More to the point - are the drivers using the destinations which say "Jarrow", "Gateshead", etc?

3971 was off 3872 was out of service, 6084 is using Gateshead and 6130 just had 901 Metro Replacement.