You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Latest news goes here
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
Quote from previous thread: The 309 offers cheap travel for Tyne Met students - one of the main reasons why the service operates today.

Although quite a significant reason, the 309 mainly operates today because:
- Cobalt Business Park has expanded significantly.
- GNE took advantage of when the 306 was rerouted via Holy Cross for a short spell of time combining the old Centurion Services and the Cobalt Clipper.
- Popularity of the 309 is increasing not only due to the improved buses used, but also better reliability (most of the time) than other competing services.

I'd expect it to get even more popular when the roadworks start properly at Billy Mill and the chaos begins on the 306 / 308 with long queues at stand L at peak times resulting in people using the 309s that turn up (not all are worked of the 310 which could well be affected by the Norham Road works). Worst case, GNE can rely on one of the B7s to act as a backup for the Cobalt Clipper (or Riverside provide Percy Main with one of their B7s) and split the 309 / 310 (no interworking for most of the time) so that the 309 doesn't get affected by any roadworks as such bar the potential knock on effects from the Silverlink underpass works.
From my contact, the reason 7413 (LF52 UPN) is not on the 1st December fleet list is that this one is being refurbished down in London not at Thorntons.

The same source has also received a document this morning that confirms a further 12 deckers are due and have been allocated fleet numbers 7416-27.
It's possible that the 2nd batch could well be VLA's rather than VLW's though... 7412/4/5 were supposed to be done by London also but for whatever reason haven't been completed
(01 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I'm told that 7416-27 will displace all Alexander ALX400/DAF DB250s in the fleet.

so each depot may get atleast 2
(01 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm)GX03 SVC wrote They will displace 10x DAF DB250s from Jesmond and Ashington.

well hopefully because it give the 35 a little more style and comfort
I know, it's sad that I'm noting adverts on tickets...  Wink Tongue

The latest advert on the backs of tickets are now advertising Northumbria Police's domestic abuse hotline. Makes a change from the "restaurants without Drive-Thrus" £1.99 Big Mac promotion.  Wink
.jpg image.jpg
I'd expect they will spread around the 'DLAs' to replace the Lowlanders at Durham first, before getting rid of the more tired DAF ALX400s too.

In other news, 1405 should enter service at Stockton today, was down to be on X66/7 when I left. Had a quick look at it and it's not got any branding yet.
(02 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm)Multi21 wrote If you had of stuck around 30 seconds longer I found the Taking it to the Max screen! Before the screen was updated back at boro
Ah yes, the screen normally used at MAX launches etc. Strangly at the Darlington MAX event for the X66/X67 the screen on 4651 displayed 'Take it to the MAX' instead. https://flic.kr/p/A2EHDg
(02 Dec 2015, 10:55 pm)JoshP wrote What's the seating like? Usual as found on Pulsars/Solo's or the same as in the older Temsa's?
Think they'll be the same seats as the Temsa's already in the fleet except they will be e-leather instead of fabric.
(02 Dec 2015, 11:42 pm)S813 FVK wrote That article was last updated on 2nd December 2009 - well out of date now haha!

That's what I though when looking at his Facebook
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(02 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm)Multi21 wrote If you had of stuck around 30 seconds longer I found the Taking it to the Max screen! Before the screen was updated back at boro

There was a Durham Sapphire Pulsar left M'bro with that on the front Tuesday! (The pm extra X12)
(03 Dec 2015, 9:26 am)Cock Robin wrote There was a Durham Sapphire Pulsar left M'bro with that on the front Tuesday! (The pm extra X12)

Me and Davie passed a 24 branded E400 with Taking it to the Max on.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Serious question. If Arriva were to repace the 57 plate Sapphires, due to the fact that production of the classic E400 will end at somepoint only leaving the MMC, do you think Arriva will do it properly by:

- Replacing Durham / Belmont E400s with the MMC and them alongside 7518 join 7522-7528?

or

- Finding a suitable service for 7522-7528 and then replacing the whole lot?

Don't know what would happen with the 57 plates whether or not the headrests would get retrimmed to MAX and the power console removed with the sockets covered up. The worst ones could just be sold or kept for parts. Obviously, 2x of the best vehicles could be kept as spares.
(03 Dec 2015, 10:59 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Serious question. If Arriva were to repace the 57 plate Sapphires, due to the fact that production of the classic E400 will end at somepoint only leaving the MMC, do you think Arriva will do it properly by:

- Replacing Durham / Belmont E400s with the MMC and them alongside 7518 join 7522-7528?

or

- Finding a suitable service for 7522-7528 and then replacing the whole lot?

Don't know what would happen with the 57 plates whether or not the headrests would get retrimmed to MAX and the power console removed with the sockets covered up. The worst ones could just be sold or kept for parts. Obviously, 2x of the best vehicles could be kept as spares.

i dont think arriva will replace buses at a young age because they will probably think economically if they just need to fix small issues then that can be done in like 1 hour or so then they will stay. i think it is most likely that the buses will get a more powerful engine with a better battery power because that what happened to mcgills buses.