You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
(14 Dec 2015, 11:17 pm)Jimmi wrote 5318008 (need to hold the calculator upside down for that word).

A 5 short haha.

That one has the little story to go with it too, makes it all that little more fun.
(14 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm)Diamond One wrote was gonna say i dare ya to put it online Dan said it to me once when 4924 had blind trouble i posted the photo early as opposed to later on in the week

I will eventually, I have only just finished putting Sunderland Airshow photos on... Bit of a backlog.
(14 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm)Diamond One wrote was gonna say i dare ya to put it online Dan said it to me once when 4924 had blind trouble i posted the photo early as opposed to later on in the week
My photo (s) are now on my Flickr account, if yiu want to see them here's a link to one of them https://flic.kr/p/BCCRrM.
No idea if it has already been reported, 5296 has been branded for Citylink Service 57.

In other news Volvo B9TL (6006) sounded as rough as a lass from Hetton-le-Hole when passing through Gateshead this afternoon on the X1, and finally Volvo B10BLE (4906) was roaming around on the 27 with a missing seat cushion, it is understood some tramp from Hebburn stole it, and is now using it as a pillow on a local park bench.
Noticed 7122 out today at roughly 1430, displaying 'driver training' and the L image on its blinds.
Guessing it was on familiarisation duties, rather than working for the driving school.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Dec 2015, 11:18 pm)LeeCalder wrote I will eventually, I have only just finished putting Sunderland Airshow photos on... Bit of a backlog.
I got over 100 photos yet to upload all have gained copyright notices it will increase tomorrow the numbers 
(14 Dec 2015, 11:27 pm)Davie wrote My photo (s) are now on my Flickr account, if yiu want to see them here's a link to one of them https://flic.kr/p/BCCRrM.
Uploading tomorrow or Thursday
(15 Dec 2015, 3:52 pm)Malarkey wrote No idea if it has already been reported, 5296 has been branded for Citylink Service 57.

In other news Volvo B9TL (6006) sounded as rough as a lass from Hetton-le-Hole when passing through Gateshead this afternoon on the X1, and finally Volvo B10BLE (4906) was roaming around on the 27 with a missing seat cushion, it is understood some tramp from Hebburn stole it, and is now using it as a pillow on a local park bench.

5296 I'll Probs get a photo tomorrow more than likely
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(15 Dec 2015, 3:56 pm)Andreos1 wrote Noticed 7122 out today at roughly 1430, displaying 'driver training' and the L image on its blinds.
Guessing it was on familiarisation duties, rather than working for the driving school.

Quite right. There are some differences on these new vehicles so all need familiarisation on them.
It looked like 4967 had been involved in a RTC this morning, it was sat in the layover bay with a engineer trying (From what I saw anyway) trying to fix to panels.
(15 Dec 2015, 3:52 pm)Malarkey wrote No idea if it has already been reported, 5296 has been branded for Citylink Service 57.

*resists comment*  Big Grin
(15 Dec 2015, 5:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote As has 5294:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/23661783052/

another target for tomorrow am deffo gonna try and photograph this
Owner of Bella the Cat

5296 and 5294 both out today got photos of both
Owner of Bella the Cat

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just noticed that GNE have started to produce network maps again!

For all the new technology, you can't beat a bit old school, visual imagery.

They have Consett, Dunston/Whickham and South Tyneside on their fb page.
(16 Dec 2015, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just noticed that GNE have started to produce network maps again!

Indeed. A bigger selection can be found on their website:
http://www.simplygo.com/networkmaps/
(16 Dec 2015, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just noticed that GNE have started to produce network maps again!

It was ;Wink

But glad they are.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

I love a good old route map, they actually help me to visualise the a route. I particularly like my leaflet for the Durham County Council map of services in County Durham.
Yes, very good idea. As I've said before proper maps should be on each GNE timetable like Arriva's (and on Toonlink X30/31) However maps of each area showing all routes is a good idea too. Only trouble is, I couldn't get them to download!
(16 Dec 2015, 10:19 pm)Jimmi wrote I love a good old route map, they actually help me to visualise the a route. I particularly like my leaflet for the Durham County Council map of services in County Durham.

Apart from it being out of date, even by the time it was printed!

Big'un has got through a couple of them. He keeps leaving them open, so they lose corners, then they get neatened up... they don't last long.
Go North East

SERVICE 1, 17 AND 80 currently unable to serve Albion Street in North Shields due to an RTA.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
3943 is out today. Was on a Newcastle bound X1at about 13:33 at Wrekenton if anyone wants a photo
(16 Dec 2015, 10:19 pm)Jimmi wrote I love a good old route map, they actually help me to visualise the a route. I particularly like my leaflet for the Durham County Council map of services in County Durham.

By having the maps concentrated on a specific, smaller area - then there isn't massive wholesale re-prints, whenever a re-cast of the routes happens.

I agree though, a map can provide a lot of visual assitance.

(16 Dec 2015, 11:18 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote Yes, very good idea. As I've said before proper maps should be on each GNE timetable like Arriva's (and on Toonlink X30/31) However maps of each area showing all routes is a good idea too. Only trouble is, I couldn't get them to download!

I think the ANE maps on the timetables are great, but would love them to be supplemented by something like GNE have introduced.
Say I wanted to transfer from the 7 to the 6 and needed the map to assist me, it would need two timetables - just for the maps.
Having a network one, would save me having having to source or print out the timetables.
(18 Dec 2015, 10:00 am)Michael wrote Any more Duel door B10s been converted to become DDA?

Not many now last I recalled
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(18 Dec 2015, 10:00 am)Michael wrote Any more Duel door B10s been converted to become DDA?

(18 Dec 2015, 11:27 am)Diamond One wrote Not many now last I recalled

Apologies - my fault for not keeping you all updated, but I've now updated the news page.

Volvo B10BLEs 5154, 5157 and 5171 were all sent to Thorntons earlier this week for DDA modifications. The remaining Volvo B10BLEs which aren't DDA-compliant but presently remain in service (5151, 5158 and 5160) are all in a reserve role awaiting withdrawal, having been previously replaced by other vehicles. None of these vehicles are out in service today, but were yesterday.
(18 Dec 2015, 12:55 pm)Dan wrote Apologies - my fault for not keeping you all updated, but I've now updated the news page.

Volvo B10BLEs 5154, 5157 and 5171 were all sent to Thorntons earlier this week for DDA modifications. The remaining Volvo B10BLEs which aren't DDA-compliant but presently remain in service (5151, 5158 and 5160) are all awaiting withdrawal, having been previously replaced by other vehicles.

Thanks for the update Dan

Does that confirm GNE will be withdrawing the Cadets/Merits next year with the Scania's when the Prince Bishops gain the Streetlites?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Dec 2015, 1:00 pm)Michael wrote Thanks for the update Dan

Does that confirm GNE will be withdrawing the Cadets/Merits next year with the Scania's when the Prince Bishops gain the Streetlites?

Surely the Renowns first as they're older.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(18 Dec 2015, 1:06 pm)DanPicken wrote Surely the Renowns first as they're older.

I wasn't sure as they've just paid for them to be converted to become DDA and it seems the Cadets are going first with some of them ending up on Route training.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Dec 2015, 1:06 pm)DanPicken wrote Surely the Renowns first as they're older.

(18 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm)Michael wrote I wasn't sure as they've just paid for them to be converted to become DDA and it seems the Cadets are going first with some of them ending up on Route training.

The book value on full size single deckers and double deckers is expected to depreciate over the vehicle's life span of 15 years. Midibuses and minibuses are only expected to depreciate over a life span of 12 years.
(18 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm)Michael wrote I wasn't sure as they've just paid for them to be converted to become DDA and it seems the Cadets are going first with some of them ending up on Route training.

It may of been since they couldn't get Streetshites in time, it's only the Cadets which are unreliable.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.