You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions
(17 Dec 2015, 5:26 pm)cbma06 wrote would like to see the silver citarios go onto service X35 with a new brand and wifi etc.. compete against arriva service 23 between Hartlepool and peterlee, and drop the fast cats brand x36 to a X56 in a express version brand of the fab56.

if there put new buses on the 33/33a with wifi, sockets etc... then there might get more passengers from the stagecoach service 12 old crappy buses.

I don't think the loadings on service 20/20A would cope with streetlites? especially a peak times.

I think Citaro's would be better for the X35, fitting it with WIFI will be good, i hope they do this in the future.  Has the Silver Citaro's got NSA? boards fitted?, i haven't been on them since they moved on to the 61.

I think it would allow them to gain new passengers if the 33/33A/39 got new buses, however, i wonder if they could divert the 33/33A to serve Park Lane, allowing a few more passengers to connect really easy and have another bus to Doxford International. 

Route would be now entering the City Centre however coming back towards Doxford Park, it would serve Park Lane.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2015, 5:30 pm)S813 FVK wrote A solar has a capacity of 72 (43 sitting and 29 standing) and the streetlite has a capacity of 73 (45 sitting and 28 standing) so the capacity is very similar. The streetlite stats are based on 5395-5419.

Sorry, didn't see your post about it, ill edit mine to remove it!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Dec 2015, 11:41 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The 500 Group's final newsletter for 2015 reports the following vehicles due (citaro/Dan, here's your time to confirm/deny these):
  • 13 Volvo B11R (confirmed)
  • 7 Wright Streetdecks
  • 22 Wright Streetlites
  • 14 Optare Solos

Yup, and as discussed on a facebook group earlier, the vehicles are for:

X21, Solo's for Hexham and Percy Main and Streetlites for the 20/20A
(17 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yup, and as discussed on a facebook group earlier, the vehicles are for:

Thanks for confirming Citaro.

Glad the 20/20A are finally getting new buses.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Hopefully that means Stanley can have a 53 reg MPD (or even 618/619) rather than the shed that is 547.
(17 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote Solo's for Hexham.

I will miss the MPDs . . .
Im suprised that no spares are on order for the Tynedale Links or North Tyne Links though..

What are the PVR's for the Tynedale/North Tyne links?

I think it also confirms that 9119 is stopping with GNE as a spare.

Wonder if GNE have plans for more Solo's when the AD122 starts again...

Edit:

What will the Scania's from the Prince Bishops replace the fleet? The cadets/merits?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yup, and as discussed on a facebook group earlier, the vehicles are for:

Although the X12 is no real threat at the moment, I can understand GNE keeping the order quiet for this particular reason:

If Arriva were to get a sniff that the Pronto was to get an upgrade, they could've ended up replacing the 57 plate Sapphires at Ashington resulting in them 9 (7501-7509) being moved to Belmont / Stockton (they would just have to maintain the deckers elsewhere in Stockton's case unless things have changed) meaning a Sapphire X12 service.

Don't know how Arriva think but that is one of the ways which they could've reacted had the order been leaked too soon.
(17 Dec 2015, 11:54 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Although the X12 is no real threat at the moment, I can understand GNE keeping the order quiet for this particular reason:

If Arriva were to get a sniff that the Pronto was to get an upgrade, they could've ended up replacing the 57 plate Sapphires at Ashington resulting in them 9 (7501-7509) being moved to Belmont / Stockton (they would just have to maintain the deckers elsewhere in Stockton's case unless things have changed) meaning a Sapphire X12 service.

Don't know how Arriva think but that is one of the ways which they could've reacted had the order been leaked too soon.

Highly doubt that Arriva would have converted the X12 to Sapphire not long after making the service a MAX route and with older buses as well. Those 57 reg Enviro 400's probably aren't going to be coming off the X21/X22 anytime soon!
(18 Dec 2015, 12:08 am)Jimmi wrote Highly doubt that Arriva would have converted the X12 to Sapphire not long after making the service a MAX route and with older buses as well. Those 57 reg Enviro 400's probably aren't going to be coming off the X21/X22 anytime soon!

But if an operator felt that their route was going to be under significant threat as a result of another competitors actions, then it would be expected for them to take action to minimise the impact. I know then 57 plates aren't going anywhere anytime soon (sigh!) but even with a recent MAX upgrade, Arriva could've easily taken it one step further. And don't forget that them 6 deckers which are on there at the moment could've then just went to Blyth for the Quorums and X9. Only just realised this tonight as they're 9 E400s (not in best condition though but would suffice for the whole purpose of having a dig at a competitor) and the PVR of the X12 is 9. And if Arriva really wanted to be b******s on top of this, they could've even pulled out of Low Fell and run it direct to Gateshead to rub salt in the wound even further resulting in GNE in losing some but not all custom.

My whole point of mentioning this is that there are valid reasons why Citaro and Dan have to keep orders hush hush for a good while.
How does all this suggested competition between operators fit into the concept of Quality Contracts?

Would it be beneficial or detrimental?
According to someone on Go North East Enthusiasts News - the Solo's are due around March.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Dec 2015, 11:11 am)Davie wrote Does anyone know if 5210 will remain Tynedale Links branded once the Solo SRs arrive?

I'd suggest so - the PVR must include a full sized single decker for it to be there.
(18 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote I'd suggest so - the PVR must include a full sized single decker for it to be there.
Thanks for that.
(18 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote I'd suggest so - the PVR must include a full sized single decker for it to be there.

I think its the 680 which requires a bigger bus.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Dec 2015, 12:59 pm)Andreos1 wrote Everyone who uses the 20's are used to rattles and struggles up Houghton Cut.

If the rumours are true, then it looks like those traditions are continuing.

I've said this before, but if Streetlites are fine with Silent Bank and the generally hilly ride in East Durham, they'll be fine with Houghton Cut. They don't have the weight of the older, more powerful vehicles to lug up there. Swings and roundabouts, innit.
(18 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm)Panasonic44 wrote It would be nice to see 93/94 Loop buses to be upgraded.

Well, don't hold out for cascaded Prince Bishops Solars. They're knackered, too. Probably even more so.
(19 Dec 2015, 9:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Well, don't hold out for cascaded Prince Bishops Solars. They're knackered, too. Probably even more so.

Most of the Prince Bishop Scania's are the same age as the Loop scania's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I think the most important question about the Streetdecks is...

Will they have glass staircases?
(19 Dec 2015, 10:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote I think the most important question about the Streetdecks is...

Hopefully not. Brighton didn't for theirs, and they look better for it imo.

https://flic.kr/p/tmkxJU
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Dec 2015, 10:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote I think the most important question about the Streetdecks is...

If they do, at least Greg will be able see out of the window if they cover the rest in branding..... Wink
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The 17 and the 9 will surely need replacing though as they are running with the oldest buses in the fleet
(19 Dec 2015, 10:37 pm)dannygee wrote The 17 and the 9 will surely need replacing though as they are running with the oldest buses in the fleet
There'll be plenty of spare Solars. 8 of which are 54-plate.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Ha ha. The Wright glass staircases don't have the style of those on the Borismasters or the new London Enviros. But then neither Wright Geminis or Streetdecks have quite the style of Enviros - or the performance.
(19 Dec 2015, 9:42 pm)Michael wrote Most of the Prince Bishop Scania's are the same age as the Loop scania's.

Exactly - so there's probably nothing there for the Loop in this batch.

I can't imagine most of the current PB fleet being any use for anything other than spares.
(20 Dec 2015, 12:05 am)BusLoverMum wrote Exactly - so there's probably nothing there for the Loop in this batch.

I can't imagine most of the current PB fleet being any use for anything other than spares.

Opps, i thought u meant they could replace the Loop scania's.... sorry haha.

Ye, they'll probables go in to a spare role although i would like them to go on the 33/33A/39 in Sunderland.

The 17/17A to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.