You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Nostalgia
(13 Sep 2015, 10:11 am)LeeCalder wrote Well I had a pair of them on yesterday, and I can confirm I am no drug dealer!

Most people you see wearing them will have gained them from wherever they play sport. A lot of football clubs use them as training gear, mine certainly does and that's where I got mine from.
That's them!
They have a very retro look about them.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
Who remembers the Trackie Pants that had press stud things right up the legs, I had a pair that had studs to the waist and quick tug would have completely de-pantsed me Big Grin
(15 Sep 2015, 8:45 am)MrFozz wrote Who remembers the Trackie Pants that had press stud things right up the legs, I had a pair that had studs to the waist and quick tug would have completely de-pantsed me Big Grin

Not sure if I actually ever had any but I certainly remember them.
(15 Sep 2015, 8:45 am)MrFozz wrote Who remembers the Trackie Pants that had press stud things right up the legs, I had a pair that had studs to the waist and quick tug would have completely de-pantsed me Big Grin
I had a couple pairs. White Adidas ones! What was I thinking haha.....
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(27 May 2013, 8:31 pm)aureolin wrote Was having a chat earlier about brands or items that were around when we were younger, but are no where to be seen now. So in a bid to get other parts of the forum a bit more active, I thought I'd stick a post on here Wink Apologies in advance if this is not the place.

Few things I thought of were -

[Image: OpalFruits.jpg]

[Image: poppers.jpg]

[Image: tazo.jpg]

Anyone got any others?
I got a few adidas products myself mainly football shirts
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(16 Sep 2015, 9:36 pm)aureolin wrote I had a couple pairs. White Adidas ones! What was I thinking haha.....

Just to pick up on the styles of the 90s; did anyone own a pair of cream-coloured jeans? 

I owned a pair. Went nicely with my Ben Sherman, Caterpillar boots and black leather jacket.
(24 Sep 2015, 5:10 am)MurdnunoC wrote Just to pick up on the styles of the 90s; did anyone own a pair of cream-coloured jeans? 

I owned a pair. Went nicely with my Ben Sherman, Caterpillar boots and black leather jacket.
What about green jeans?
Had a lovely pair. Alternated with the cream ones.
Marxista Fozzski
(24 Sep 2015, 12:08 am)Diamond One wrote I got a few adidas products myself mainly football shirts
What is it with you and footy shirts???

have you got home kits, away kits or 3rd kits
(24 Sep 2015, 9:27 am)Andreos1 wrote What about green jeans?
Had a lovely pair. Alternated with the cream ones.

I don't think I recall seeing anyone wearing green jeans around the mean streets of Winlaton. Some dared to rock the red and, obviously, brown, black, blue and grey - but no green. Perhaps it's one of those 90s amnesia things on my part and people did wear them - I don't know!
Marxista Fozzski
(24 Sep 2015, 10:59 am)MurdnunoC wrote I don't think I recall seeing anyone wearing green jeans around the mean streets of Winlaton. Some dared to rock the red and, obviously, brown, black, blue and grey - but no green. Perhaps it's one of those 90s amnesia things on my part and people did wear them - I don't know!

Same...

Cant think off anyone in green jeans...

I mostly wore white or cream, not a good idea when going on the piss, one night I ended up covered head to foot in tarmac in Durham and got locked up when me and my mate were funfighting with yellow police traffic cones on our heads...My mate who had never in trouble before ever started crying when the police told him he would up in front of the beak the next morning and he would be remanded till trial...Despite telling me it was to learn him a lesson and they had me in on the joke as well, despite me telling him not to worry about...

We were let out within 2 hours and made to walk home, me to Fram and him to Lanchester or Langley Park
(24 Sep 2015, 10:59 am)MurdnunoC wrote I don't think I recall seeing anyone wearing green jeans around the mean streets of Winlaton. Some dared to rock the red and, obviously, brown, black, blue and grey - but no green. Perhaps it's one of those 90s amnesia things on my part and people did wear them - I don't know!

Whey aye.
Geordie Jeans sold them. 

Went lovely with a woodcutters checked shirt.
Marxista Fozzski
(24 Sep 2015, 12:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote Whey aye.
Geordie Jeans sold them. 

Went lovely with a woodcutters checked shirt.
Bloody Hell...I remember Geordie Jeans, did they go into Liquidation?
Saw some of these in the TK Maxx (Metrocentre) a couple of weeks back.

[Image: reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg]

They weren't as stylish as these but I was almost tempted to take a punt on them.

I think they were priced at £30. Not sure though.
Not sure if this has ever been shared before.
I absolutely love it and after 'turniphead' shared it on their twitter feed just now, I had to give it a mention on here
http://youtu.be/XWOag59IfJo Newcastle in the 70's.
Apart from the long gone stalls at the top of the Bigg Market and other visible changes to the town, there are some old trains, shots of a Venture bus unloading at Marlbrough Crescent and a crew rapidly downing a cup of milky tea, before presumably heading back to Derwentside.
One to keep an eye on.
The BBC Red Button have a 'Euro's Archive'.
Tonight's was Euro 96. Guessing there are going to be other similar broadcasts on.
Marxista Fozzski
(26 Dec 2015, 9:44 am)Andreos1 wrote http://m.sunderlandecho.com/lifestyle-et...z3qti4E3pO
Chambers back for one night only. Except it was a few weeks back!
Never went to Chambers...

In Sunderland, I always went to Privelige, Pzazz(till I got banned for life ), Ku Club or Annabels if I was going to a Nightclub, I preferred Flares most of the time...

In Durham I liked Klute and Club Elysium Big Grin
(26 Dec 2015, 9:49 am)MrFozz wrote Never went to Chambers...

In Sunderland, I always went to Privelige, Pzazz(till I got banned for life ), Ku Club or Annabels if I was going to a Nightclub, I preferred Flares most of the time...

In Durham I liked Klute and Club Elysium Big Grin
Sorry Fozz. Missed this one.
Was never a fan of Pzazz, although I still popped in now and again.

I preferred Chambers as the dj's they used to get in, were decent - especially with me being in to my dance/trance music at the time.
It wasn't until years later I went to Ku.

Wasn't there a huge place at the bowling Alley on Newcastle Road at some point? I seem to remember coaches being laid on from Sunderland City Centre.

Couldn't stand Flares.
Chain pub + theme pub = nightmare. Guaranteed to end up somewhere like that if we go on a stag do or something. Those places seem to be everywhere!

Still don't like anywhere like that. Sure there are one or two 80's themed bars kicking around too.
(09 Jan 2016, 11:47 am)Andreos1 wrote Wasn't there a huge place at the bowling Alley on Newcastle Road at some point? I seem to remember coaches being laid on from Sunderland City Centre.

Yes. It was originally the Mecca complex, with the nightclub including the 'Mayfair Suite'. The likes of Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd and The Who, had all featured over the years.

In the later years, it was known as 'The Palace', and was part of the Absolute Leisure chain. The company was ran by the same guy who was responsible for the Tuxedo Princess in Newcastle, and the Lounge in Newcastle. Towards 2003, the club was barely being used, and it ended up turning into solely a rave venue until around 2005/06. Though I believe the promoters were also running under 18s nights in there.

After that, it pretty much sat dormant, until it was handed over to Tesco.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-4485360
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...up-1454204
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/the-palace-...012.t69765
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Jan 2016, 1:09 pm)Adrian wrote Yes. It was originally the Mecca complex, with the nightclub including the 'Mayfair Suite'. The likes of Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd and The Who, had all featured over the years.

In the later years, it was known as 'The Palace', and was part of the Absolute Leisure chain. The company was ran by the same guy who was responsible for the Tuxedo Princess in Newcastle, and the Lounge in Newcastle. Towards 2003, the club was barely being used, and it ended up turning into solely a rave venue until around 2005/06. Though I believe the promoters were also running under 18s nights in there.

After that, it pretty much sat dormant, until it was handed over to Tesco.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-4485360
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...up-1454204
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/the-palace-...012.t69765

That's the one!

Never went in it at all like.