You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions
Had a go at movements once the new buses arrive....I've put on a word document so i'm not spamming the page:

Edit: Noticed a typo on the document.............. 566 – “Go North East” – replaces 542 not 452 Tongue
.docx GNE fleet movments predications.docx
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:14 pm)Jimmi wrote I imagine they'll stay on the 21.

Probables will, just shame we still won't have a full hybrid allocation...... hopefully when they order new buses for the 21, they don't change it soon as the new buses arrive unless they have enough buses for the route. Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote They'll of being in service for 5 years next year in September, wonder if they'll keep them on the 21?
I think they'll stay on the 21.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:11 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Put them on the 1.
I very much doubt they'll do that given they (Annoyingly) fitted the Coaster with WiFi.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:29 pm)Davie wrote I think they'll stay on the 21.
I very much doubt they'll do that given they (Annoyingly) fitted the Coaster with WiFi.

Hows it annoying that they fitted the Coaster with WIFI?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:31 pm)Michael wrote Hows it annoying that they fitted the Coaster with WIFI?
I hate the buses the use on there.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm)Davie wrote I hate the buses the use on there.

Scania Omnicitys are a robust vehicle that do the job there designed for ( Urban City Routes ) but are also adaptable to faster services ( X30/31 )
Why put to use a Merc on the 1 when they could be better used on a more justified route? Omnis will always be used for second in line services to Mercs,with the Mercs allocated to the most profitable routes

Better than the duel door B10's, Cadets and even worse the Vykings... Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Does it get you from A to B?.....
(31 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm)Michael wrote Better than the duel door B10's, Cadets and even worse the Vykings... Tongue

Have to say the Merits that replaced the Cadets at Washington are a lot lot worse than the Cadets they replaced.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Scania Omnicitys are a robust vehicle that do the job there designed for ( Urban City Routes ) but are also adaptable to faster services ( X30/31 )
Why put to use a Merc on the 1 when they could be better used on a more justified route? Omnis will always be used for second in line services to Mercs,with the Mercs allocated to the most profitable routes
Yeah, but I hate Omnicities.

(31 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm)Michael wrote Better than the duel door B10's, Cadets and even worse the Vykings...
I'd take any of then over an Omnicity.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie wrote Yeah, but I hate Omnicities.

I'm sure me and DanPicken will love to exchange our rotten South Tyne Versas for them Omnicitys ( Even though theres not enough Versas Tongue ) but we cant.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Have to say the Merits that replaced the Cadets at Washington are a lot lot worse than the Cadets they replaced.

I completely disagree with you.

Pretty much the whole population will know I have a tendency to moan about the reliability of the 82/82A but, the Merit's keep time a lot better than the Cadet's.

The less said about President's the better....
Don't think the Omnicities on the Coaster will be shifting anytime soon now taking into account that Stagecoach have extended the 22. I think maybe some cascaded Mercs a few year down the line will be brought in if required or if GNE are willing to take Stagecoach to the cleaners, some Streetlites with the route running like this:

- Every 20 minutes from Whitley Bay to Gateshead
- Every 20 minutes from North Shields to Wrekenton
- Every 10 minutes from North Shields to Gateshead combined

Although the Omnicities haven't been perfect, they do their job alright. Don't think the 1 will get a decker upgrade though now for the reason stated above but I think it will get some cascades or some Streetlites down the line.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie wrote Yeah, but I hate Omnicities.

Even a full Vyking allocation?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:45 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I'm sure me and DanPicken will love to exchange our rotten South Tyne Versas for them Omnicitys ( Even though theres not enough Versas ) but we cant.

I'd love that. 09-reg Versa's are my least favourite (8306 a perfect example) but I somewhat enjoyed my journeys on 8294 & 8300.

(31 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm)LeeCalder wrote I completely disagree with you.

Pretty much the whole population will know I have a tendency to moan about the reliability of the 82/82A but, the Merit's keep time a lot better than the Cadet's.

I agree, I like all but two of the Merit's. Me and Dan were on 8270 on the X88 and smoke started coming from the engine!

The President's are awful, they struggle going up Sherrif Hill and are probably my least favourite decker's.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:45 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I'm sure me and DanPicken will love to exchange our rotten South Tyne Versas for them Omnicitys ( Even though theres not enough Versas Tongue ) but we cant.

Nope, rather have the Versas although we could have a Full Solar allocation.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(31 Jan 2016, 9:13 pm)DanPicken wrote Nope, rather have the Versas although we could have a Full Solar allocation.
I'm more than happy for the 1/1A to be Versa allocated.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:21 pm)Michael wrote Had a go at movements once the new buses arrive....I've put on a word document so i'm not spamming the page:

Edit: Noticed a typo on the document.............. 566 – “Go North East” – replaces 542 not 452 Tongue

There's a massive typo in the name, too Wink
(31 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm)BusLoverMum wrote There's a massive typo in the name, too Wink

Oops, cba to change it now!  Angel
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm)LeeCalder wrote I completely disagree with you.

agreed Merits are a lot better in my opinion the odd one every now and again pops up on 88/88A where i live not a bad vehicle i was on a similar one the other day and it was  8262 should be on flickr this week keep your eyes pealed
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(31 Jan 2016, 8:21 pm)Michael wrote Had a go at movements once the new buses arrive....I've put on a word document so i'm not spamming the page:

Presidents will more than all likely to move to Stanley from Crook replacing the Yellow Bus Olympians to make Stanley an all low floor depot
MPDs will be withdrawn due to MOT some may stay for spares the loan Solar will probs be used again at Hexham
Solars from Prince Bishop some will move to CLS, Riverside, displacing some Olympians or Renowns that are dual doored and the rest remaining at Deptford replacing cadets so more of them on 33/33A/39
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(31 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm)Diamond One wrote Presidents will more than all likely to move to Stanley from Crook replacing the Yellow Bus Olympians to make Stanley an all low floor depot
MPDs will be withdrawn due to MOT some may stay for spares the loan Solar will probs be used again at Hexham
Solars from Prince Bishop some will move to CLS, Riverside, displacing some Olympians or Renowns that are dual doored and the rest remaining at Deptford replacing cadets so more of them on 33/33A/39

I'm sure it was said that the Lolynes will go first as they have sell on value atm.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm)Diamond One wrote Presidents will more than all likely to move to Stanley from Crook replacing the Yellow Bus Olympians to make Stanley an all low floor depot

Totally agree. I think 3 may go to Riverside to get rid of their Olympians too. Stanley should certainly get priority given that their olympians see regular public service!

After looking, only 2 Riverside Olympians can be withdrawn once 5 have gone to Stanley. Since those only see use on scholars (very rarely on public sercice), ill imagine that a couple of lolynes will be withdrawn instead.
Disappointing to hear the majority feel the hybrids will stay on the 21.

Would have hoped the flagship money spinner route might get upgraded to plug sockets etc as opposed to 5 year old kit (and older considering the amount of B7s they throw on this route too)

Perhaps a refresh as the hybrids are looking as rough as hell, fraying seats, torn leather, leaking Windows.
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(31 Jan 2016, 11:30 pm)Ambassador wrote Disappointing to hear the majority feel the hybrids will stay on the 21.

Would have hoped the flagship money spinner route might get upgraded to plug sockets etc as opposed to 5 year old kit (and older considering the amount of B7s they throw on this route too)

Perhaps a refresh as the hybrids are looking as rough as hell, fraying seats, torn leather, leaking Windows.

They will certainly stay on there for at least another 18 months-2 years. Think it was mentioned elsewhere on here that the funding is for 5 years so come October 2017 the funding for 6056-70 will be finished meaning they could 'in-theory' move to another service. The question is what other route is there for them? I mean, Stagecoach's E400H can move off the 39/40 in the summer as they are five years old and they'll just get replaced by more(?) and cascaded to another service (22 anyone?). Same in 2018 when Arriva's B5s can be cascaded (Jimmi, think they'll sort the 64 out Wink )

Probably the most sensible bit of speculation yet!

Basically, quite old and tired buses will replace the ones that are either even older, more tired or just plain unsuitable.

Fast cats does need an upgrade, but there's nothing in this current batch of cascades that would make a significant difference. I'm also struggling to think of any all single deck brands that could feasibly cascade into it. It's one of the few that hasn't had an overhaul already in the past year. Most of the ones that haven't have buses at least as old and tired.