You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions
(03 Feb 2016, 7:56 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote 128. New brancepath-durham-sacriston-beamish
Pvr2 1x Chester 1x stanley
5401 and 5419
Create completion on route 48.
Journeys to both new brancepath and Beamish will serve railway station

Have to agree with Jimmi on this one, Sorry Big Lugs.
2 silksworth -hollycarside-grangetown - Sunderland homeside-queen alexandra bridge- enterprise park- waterview park-Washington
2a silksworth- barnes- royal hospital -penshaw-shiney row-fatfield-lampton-washington
X2 silksworth -hollycarside -grangetown-Sunderland -royal hospital - barnwell- biddick-washington
8 SUNDERLAND-royal hospital -penshaw-shiney row-Washington -chester -stanley
99 Sunderland -royal hospital-palion-Castletown -town end farm- downhill-red house-witherwack -southwick -seaburn
The 2/2a/x2 all half hourly
2 normal route to Sunderland then does route 8 to Washington
Service 2a replaces 99 and gives more buses chester road to silksworth then does route 2 to Washington
X2 same as route 2a
The 8 to run to penshaw to provide cover for the 2 then from shiney row direct to Washington
99 every hour same route from chester road
Best bus ever
As a boared Sunday heres a suggestion
36 town end farm-castletown - southwick-sunderland-royal hospital-penshaw-shiney row -middle Herrington --hougton le spring-fence houses-chester le street
78 Sunderland-royal hospital-barnes-east Herrington-middle Herrington -shiney row-great lumbley -Chester le street -stanley-consett
78a heworth-boldon-downhill-castletown-southwick-sunderland-royal hospital-barnes-silksworth-east Herrington-shiney row-great lumbley-chester le street-stanley.
35 will remain the same with evening service
The x36 will have a evening service mon-sat
The 33 will have a evening service Sunderland to silksworth
Frequency and PVR
36 every 30 mins PVR 7 deptford 4 Chester 3
5325/26/27 to chester.
78 every 30 mins interworking with 8 1x extra bus
78a deptford and Chester to run this
To use both drifter streetlights and coast n country
The 33 will interwork with the 2 on the night and can use simplicity versas.
X36 on nights will be hourly and will use any spare bus
35 to use see it do it citaros on nights
Best bus ever
(07 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote As a boared Sunday heres a suggestion
36 town end farm-castletown - southwick-sunderland-royal hospital-penshaw-shiney row -middle Herrington --hougton le spring-fence houses-chester le street
78 Sunderland-royal hospital-barnes-east Herrington-middle Herrington -shiney row-great lumbley -Chester le street -stanley-consett
78a heworth-boldon-downhill-castletown-southwick-sunderland-royal hospital-barnes-silksworth-east Herrington-shiney row-great lumbley-chester le street-stanley.
35 will remain the same with evening service
The x36 will have a evening service mon-sat
The 33 will have a evening service Sunderland to silksworth
Frequency and PVR
36 every 30 mins PVR 7 deptford 4 Chester 3
5325/26/27 to chester.
78 every 30 mins interworking with 8 1x extra bus
78a deptford and Chester to run this
To use both drifter streetlights and coast n country

The 33 will interwork with the 2 on the night and can use simplicity versas.
X36 on nights will be hourly and will use any spare bus
35 to use see it do it citaros on nights

I don't think this is the best of ideas. The 78A falls under the Coast & Country brand, and vehicles are marketed as having WiFi, Next Stop Announcements, plug sockets, and e-leather seating. The Drifter Streetlites don't have plug sockets or e-leather seating, and if I've interpreted your post correctly, you're suggesting the 78A operates with Drifter Streetlites from Deptford.
82 Chester Le St - Birtley Station Lane - Portmeads - Washington BAE roundabout -Barley Mow - North Lodge - Chester le St.

Basically a classic old mini link style service. Just cuts the 82 out past Barley Mow
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
50 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre - Plasworth - Waldridge Park - Chester le Street - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Washington Highway - Boldon - Fellgate - Hedworth - York Avenue - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - Chichester - South Shields

50A - Chester le Street - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Concord - Sulgrave - Boldon - Whiteleas - West Harton - South Tyneside Hospital - Chichester - South Shields

Following the ongoing discussion in the "GNE Latest Thread", here is what I think should happen with the rumoured plans for the 5/50 to Interwork, Personally I think the Services should be merged together, with the 5 being split at Boldon into two separate services, this would greatly improve the long term reliability of the service, particularly with the revised 50 operating a "Limited Stopping Service" between Chester le Street and Boldon, The revised 50/50A would operate "Up To Every 15 Minutes", and would also Interwork at South Shields.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm)Malarkey wrote 50 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre - Plasworth - Waldridge Park - Chester le Street - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Washington Highway - Boldon - Fellgate - Hedworth - York Avenue - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - Chichester - South Shields

50A - Chester le Street - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Concord - Sulgrave - Boldon - Whiteleas - West Harton - South Tyneside Hospital - Chichester - South Shields

Following the ongoing discussion in the "GNE Latest Thread", here is what I think should happen with the rumoured plans for the 5/50 to Interwork, Personally I think the Services should be merged together, with the 5 being split at Boldon into two separate services, this would greatly improve the long term reliability of the service, particularly with the revised 50 operating a "Limited Stopping Service" between Chester le Street and Boldon, The revised 50/50A would operate "Up To Every 15 Minutes", and would also Interwork at South Shields.

I think it would work a lot better if it was simply a case of the services interworking at South Shields. So, a 50 will come in from Durham, and then do a run to Jarrow and back, before then heading back to Durham. Keeping the two routes as they are in terms of places served, to avoid passenger confusion and a bigger service change than necessary, will be best in my view.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm)Malarkey wrote 50 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre - Plasworth - Waldridge Park - Chester le Street - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Washington Highway - Boldon - Fellgate - Hedworth - York Avenue - Jarrow - Tyne Dock - Chichester - South Shields

Tying the 82 changes into this - I wonder if there will be some merging on the Birtley - Galleries section?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
5 south shields-south Tyneside hospital- boldon -fellgate-jarrow-hebburn-heworth
50/50a south shields -Tyne dock- Jarrow-hebburn-washington-lampton - Chester le street -arnison centre
82 birtley-washington - peel retail park-waterview park [peak times]-concord-heworth-gateshead
Route 27/960 withdrawn
5 normal route to Jarrow then route 27 to heworth
Every 15 mins Jarrow to heworth interworking with short 9 s. Every 30 mins shields to Jarrow
50 . the 50a will remain evening and Sunday
50 will do the 27 route to Jarrow then the 960 route to Washington then normal route to Durham
Every 20 minutes
82' every 15 mins with 82a extended to Gateshead to replace the 27 section
The x9 /x10/x36 will also call at felling
The 82 at waterview park will be peak times only
Also bring back the 27x numbered x82 doing the same route as the old 27x
The Gateshead to Newcastle side on 27 isn't necessarily needed and passengers can use x82
Pvrs
5s ran by riverside 6 5s ran by deptford 5 interwork with the 9 though. Pvr 11 total
50 PVR 7 PVR 5 Chester PVR 2 Washington
82 PVR 9 5x Washington 4x riverside
82x pvr. 1x riverside
Best bus ever
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm)S813 FVK wrote I just hope new branding is introduced. Whey Aye Five 0 is hardly appropriate to service 5.

Just have it as one through service (50) and do away with the 5..? There's your branding problem gone.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm)S813 FVK wrote I just hope new branding is introduced. Whey Aye Five 0 is hardly appropriate to service 5.

Yup... lets hope so, as the brand would be pointless, that's if it's going ahead of cause.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm)Michael wrote Yup... lets hope so, as the brand would be pointless, that's if it's going ahead of cause.

Well there is always Dan's post to consider. Possible hint of services 50/50A and 5 being merged?
(07 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm)S813 FVK wrote Well there is always Dan's post to consider. Possible hint of services 50/50A and 5 being merged?

Didn't see it as we did a post at the same time but it would be a good idea.

Any idea what the PVR's would be though, i would imagine a few extra Omnicity's would be needed.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm)Michael wrote Any idea what the PVR's would be though, i would imagine a few extra Omnicity's would be needed.

Surely just be the present PVRs of the 5 (4) and 50 (6), possibly with an extra bus in to improve reliability?
(07 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm)Dan wrote Surely just be the present PVRs of the 5 (4) and 50 (6), possibly with an extra bus in to improve reliability?

True, where would be extra omnicities come from?

Only depot with spares is Percy Main but 2 of them have WIFI and are dedicated to the 1.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:41 pm)Michael wrote True, where would be extra omnicities come from?

Only depot with spares is Percy Main but 2 of them have WIFI and are dedicated to the 1.

And Stanley with 5254. Still, that is only 3.
Forgot about Stanley however i would think the spares would be kept at the current depots.

Edit: Last post was wrong so i deleted it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm)Dan wrote Surely just be the present PVRs of the 5 (4) and 50 (6), possibly with an extra bus in to improve reliability?

Ye, it just be over 9 buses so round it up to 10...

Where would the extra 4 omnicities  come from?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 9:00 pm)Michael wrote Ye, it just be over 9 buses so round it up to 10...

Percy Main.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
I Know this wont happen but my idea is that the 5 Gets merged with part of the 27

Standard 27 Service - Every 20 Mins
New Service 28:Current Service 5 South Shields - Jarrow,Then Via 27 Service To Newcastle Every 20 Mins

- Jarrow > Newcastle Section gets upgraded to Every 10 Mins (Combined)
- Current 5 Route gets upgraded to Every 20 Mins

PVR Would Work out at about 20
5310/1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9/28/29/30/32
Move 5320/1/2/3/4 From Deptford (Eclipses Get Moved for 61)
Move 5337/8 From Stanley (2 of the 54reg Solars replaced from 20/A Move to be Spares)
(07 Feb 2016, 9:03 pm)DanPicken wrote Percy Main.

Probables not, i dont think they would put WIFI in two of them to take it out straight away.

Unless the 19 lose the omnicities, like it was suggested before and Percy Main gain the Wright Eclipse's from Riverside.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 9:00 pm)you Michael wrote Ye, it just be over 9 buses so round it up to 10...

Cascades from the new vehicles releasing them?
(07 Feb 2016, 9:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote Cascades from the new vehicles releasing them?

Current services which are allocated Omnicities aren't getting new buses this year.

The only decent buses for the 5/50 would be the scania's.. which the 50 have had before and they weren't very good....

I mean overall, following cascades etc.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm)Michael wrote Current services which are allocated Omnicities aren't getting new buses this year.

The only decent buses for the 5/50 would be the scania's.. which the 50 have had before and they weren't very good....

I know. I was on about the Solars replaced from the 20/20A releasing the Omnicities at Percy Main (or any other depot that has any spares).
(07 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm)S813 FVK wrote I know. I was on about the Solars replaced from the 20/20A releasing the Omnicities at Percy Main (or any other depot that has any spares).

Not sure that would happen, more likely the 19 would get Wright Eclipse's.

What ever happens, i don't think GNE would want a mixed allocation.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 9:28 pm)dannygee wrote Which eclipse's?

4978-4982 - Service 19's PVR is 4 but 1 Eclipse will the spare.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.