You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
(05 Feb 2016, 11:36 pm)dannygee wrote Dan was 3888 at percy main today?sure i seen it round that area today

Yes - Percy Main are repairing it on behalf of Stanley.
Site Administrator
As mentioned yesterday, Go North East has revealed the new brand for the Red Arrows X1...

.png redarrows.png

The dotted lines represent the advertisement boards, as carried by 3943 and 6001-6003.
Will all vehicles with NSAs have the NSAs for the other services with NSAs at that depot, even if the service doesn't have the same type of NSA screen?

I know you will want to take full advantage of the kit given that it costs so much but I was thinking, for the amount of times a C&C or Red Kite Streetlite will end up on the Venture group of services (minus the few V7s allocated them), is it really worth it? The Ventures having the C&C and Red Kite announcements may be handy though, given how many times they have strayed onto other services with there being 2 spares.
Site Administrator
(06 Feb 2016, 9:19 am)S813 FVK wrote Will all vehicles with NSAs have the NSAs for the other services with NSAs at that depot, even if the service doesn't have the same type of NSA screen?

I know you will want to take full advantage of the kit given that it costs so much but I was thinking, for the amount of times a C&C or Red Kite Streetlite will end up on the Venture group of services (minus the few V7s allocated them), is it really worth it? The Ventures having the C&C and Red Kite announcements may be handy though, given how many times they have strayed onto other services with there being 2 spares.

The ultimate aim is to have two Next Announcement programmes across Go North East: a programme for the TFT screens, and a programme for the LED monitors. Each programme will contain all of the media for every service with Next Stop Announcements, as and when the Next Stop Announcements on these services are re-launched into the new 'line-plan' format.

A lot of work is required to get this done, though.
(06 Feb 2016, 9:13 am)Dan wrote As mentioned yesterday, Go North East has revealed the new brand for the Red Arrows X1...

The dotted lines represent the advertisement boards, as carried by 3943 and 6001-6003.

I like it looks ok myself could of been worse but it's ok if am honest
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(06 Feb 2016, 11:20 am)Diamond One wrote I like it looks ok myself could of been worse but it's ok if am honest

As long as it has you seal of approval Bazza  Big Grin
Site Administrator
(06 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm)Cock Robin wrote One of the X9/X10s was running all day yesterday with no service number on the front, just the destination!

Did you catch the fleet number or get a photograph?

The colour panel on that vehicle's destination display will have an intermittent fault, which will have to be repaired by Hanover.
(06 Feb 2016, 4:15 pm)Dan wrote Did you catch the fleet number or get a photograph?

The colour panel on that vehicle's destination display will have an intermittent fault, which will have to be repaired by Hanover.

If it helps they were looking at it yesterday  at  Gateshead (southbound) at around 8.30
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
one of the bus enthusiasts told me that Go North East are holding back some of the lolynes buses for school routes and they are scheduled to be put in to a special liver that involves some school in tyne and wear.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:18 am)buss14 wrote one of the bus enthusiasts told me that Go North East are holding back some of the lolynes buses for school routes and they are scheduled to be put in to a special liver that involves some school in tyne and wear.

Presumably you mean livery and not some cannibalistic delicacy involving bus operators and school children?  Huh :s
(06 Feb 2016, 4:15 pm)Dan wrote Did you catch the fleet number or get a photograph?

6048 Dan
This has just been put in Gary Devlins group:
Washington depot is getting the 50's & 5's as from 10th April 2016!
88's going to the Riverside!
changes happening to the 82's aswell.

Take this with a pinch of salt,  wouldn't bother me, might have 563.

EDIT: From Steve Morrell. Seems legit.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(07 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm)DanPicken wrote This has just been put in Gary Devlins group:

Bazza mentioned the 50 and 5 interworking the other day.

Does Steve still work at Washington?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(07 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm)DanPicken wrote This has just been put in Gary Devlins group:

Interesting, if true.

Least the 88/88A could have a full allocation of Versa if it moves to Riverside.... 

In all this though, it doesn't effect me as i use none of these services.....

Wonder what changes they'll do to the 82's.........

Of course... could be just made up.. so we have to wait and see.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Bazza mentioned the 50 and 5 interworking the other day.

Yes he does see him quite regularly, will miss some Washington drivers.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(07 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm)Andreos1 wrote Bazza mentioned the 50 and 5 interworking the other day.

Yeah he's still there.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

So if that happens we'll have a mixture of Omnicities and Eclipses on the services, along with a brand name which is named after the 50 as its called Whey-aye-five-0 on the 5................

Hope the brand will be changed............ if it happens or the branding will go down the shitter........
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Feb 2016, 9:13 am)Dan wrote As mentioned yesterday, Go North East has revealed the new brand for the Red Arrows X1...

Cheers. Looks good up close.

I'm glad they've taken the time to refresh the branding a bit, given that they're due a repaint anyway.
(07 Feb 2016, 8:18 am)buss14 wrote one of the bus enthusiasts told me that Go North East are holding back some of the lolynes buses for school routes and they are scheduled to be put in to a special liver that involves some school in tyne and wear.
Who told you that i would take things with a pinch of salt

think it was last week i found out from a CLS driver who has been at the company for years
(07 Feb 2016, 1:05 pm)Michael wrote Interesting, if true.

Least the 88/88A could have a full allocation of Versa if it moves to Riverside.... 

In all this though, it doesn't effect me as i use none of these services.....

Wonder what changes they'll do to the 82's.........

Of course... could be just made up.. so we have to wait and see.
8328 may pop up or 5389/5390 would be interesting to see what happens but fingers crossed if its true or not
(07 Feb 2016, 1:09 pm)Michael wrote So if that happens we'll have a mixture of Omnicities and Eclipses on the services, along with a brand name which is named after the 50 as its called Whey-aye-five-0 on the 5................

Hope the brand will be changed............ if it happens or the branding will go down the shitter........
brand will change plus livery which means 5247, 5248, 5249, 5254, 5273 and 5274 could now join the brand or anyone of them could be next for repainting i do not know yet if this will happen we will wait and see
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(07 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm)Diamond One wrote Who told you that i would take things with a pinch of salt
think it was last week i found out from a CLS driver who has been at the company for years
8328 may pop up or 5389/5390 would be interesting to see what happens but fingers crossed if its true or not
brand will change plus livery which means 5247, 5248, 5249, 5254, 5273 and 5274 could now join the brand or anyone of them could be next for repainting i do not know yet if this will happen we will wait and see

Aren't they first in line to be allocated to the 1 if one of the branded Omni's aren't on the route, as they have WIFI now.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

If the 5 and 50 were to interwork, I wonder what would be used, especially as Go North East don't seem to like mixed allocations, wonder if it's possible that Washington could get the Cobalt Connect branded Omnicitys currently used on service 19 (plus maybe a unbranded example) to use alongside the current Whey Aye Five-O Omnicitys on the 5 and 50 with the Volvo B7RLE's transferring to Percy Main for the 19.
(07 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm)Diamond One wrote Who told you that i would take things with a pinch of salt
(07 Feb 2016, 1:29 pm)Michael wrote Aren't they first in line to be allocated to the 1 if one of the branded Omni's aren't on the route, as they have WIFI now.

I'd guess that WiFi was installed to 5273/74 in order to ensure the same premium features are provided, even when a spare vehicle needs to go out on route to cover. I can't see them moving, as no other Omnicity allocated service has WiFi at present.