You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
(15 Feb 2016, 11:21 am)Michael wrote The bot seems to be behind, the fleet news was updated ages ago but its just post it now... bug?

Am I mistaken in thinking it updates on Monday of every week, therefore it's working perfectly fine as this is the first Monday since 6302 arrived?
(15 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm)mb134 wrote Am I mistaken in thinking it updates on Monday of every week, therefore it's working perfectly fine as this is the first Monday since 6302 arrived?

I meant from the site to the forum, the site was updated about an hour before the bot post it.

When i checked something on it, it had been updated but the bot didn't post it until later on.

Was just wondering if its bugged............
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Feb 2016, 12:13 pm)Michael wrote I meant from the site to the forum, the site was updated about an hour before the bot post it.

When i checked something on it, it had been updated but the bot didn't post it until later on.

Ah okay, I get you, not a clue then haha Angel
The bot usually posts at 2pm thus why it Probs is bugged I often say respect the bot
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(15 Feb 2016, 12:22 pm)mb134 wrote Ah okay, I get you, not a clue then haha Angel

Tongue, sorry about the confusion last time, should of been clearer! Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(15 Feb 2016, 12:13 pm)Michael wrote I meant from the site to the forum, the site was updated about an hour before the bot post it.

It refreshes every so often, so whenever it was posted was probably the first time it refreshed.
(15 Feb 2016, 1:14 pm)Dan wrote It refreshes every so often, so whenever it was posted was probably the first time it refreshed.

Ah right! Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Feb 2016, 3:54 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote The yellow & blue Hexham Scania is good except, as others have said, it'd look better if the blue was continued around the bottom of the windscreen.

Love is nice I like it makes it stand out
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(15 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm)Davie wrote What's happened to 4964? I haven't seen it, or any photos of it for a while.

It's gone to SMR for a red repaint (like 4966). Haven't had chance to update news.
Site Administrator
3872 on loan to Washington - should be used on X1 this morning.
(16 Feb 2016, 5:14 am)Dan wrote It's gone to SMR for a red repaint (like 4966). Haven't had chance to update news.

When will 6032 go for a repaint?
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(16 Feb 2016, 7:44 am)DanPicken wrote When will 6032 go for a repaint?
Not sure how much of a priority it'll be personally? I'd say there's an awfully long queue in front of it, such as the other 11x Red Arrows for a start.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Feb 2016, 8:10 am)Adrian wrote Not sure how much of a priority it'll be personally? I'd say there's an awfully long queue in front of it, such as the other 11x Red Arrows for a start.

Yeah, i'd have thought that these would have had priority over 4964 and 4966 but obviously not.
(16 Feb 2016, 8:19 am)S813 FVK wrote Yeah, i'd have thought that these would have had priority over 4964 and 4966 but obviously not.
I have to admit I can't see the logic behind that one. The new and improved Red Arrows brand has been launched in print, so I'd have thought they'd want the buses branded up asap...
How come arriva are doing more metro replacements this year. GNE should do the major one from tynemouth to shiremoor?

Even the benton to north shields thats coming up.
Not sure if this has already been discussed but any idea why such a jump in Fleet numbers for the new Castles Express noted as 6302.
(16 Feb 2016, 5:14 am)Dan wrote It's gone to SMR for a red repaint (like 4966). Haven't had chance to update news.
Cheers, Dan.
(16 Feb 2016, 8:23 am)Adrian wrote I have to admit I can't see the logic behind that one. The new and improved Red Arrows brand has been launched in print, so I'd have thought they'd want the buses branded up asap...
There was a Red Arrows branded B9 in Saltmedows yesterday. No idea why it was there however.
(16 Feb 2016, 9:50 am)dannygee wrote How come arriva are doing more metro replacements this year. GNE should do the major one from tynemouth to shiremoor?

Even the benton to north shields thats coming up.
They can't just decide that they want to do it. Replacement services are tendered for by Nexus.
(16 Feb 2016, 9:55 am)Swiny1 wrote Not sure if this has already been discussed but any idea why such a jump in Fleet numbers for the new Castles Express noted as 6302.

It looks to be because the Streetdecks are a new bus in the fleet so they have been allocated 63** fleet number series.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Feb 2016, 11:11 am)Michael wrote It looks to be because the Streetdecks are a new bus in the fleet so they have been allocated 63** fleet number series.

Yes but all other new vehicle types into the fleet haven't been given a new fleet number sequence. I know i'm not somebody to say everybody who is saying what you are saying is wrong but that is just my opinion of the topic.
(16 Feb 2016, 11:17 am)S813 FVK wrote Yes but all other new vehicle types into the fleet haven't been given a new fleet number sequence. I know i'm not somebody to say everybody who is saying what you are saying is wrong but that is just my opinion of the topic.

I'm not sure either, i can't remember it ever being confirmed why it jumped to 63**... i just used your post as it seemed more logic.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Feb 2016, 11:22 am)Michael wrote I'm not sure either, i can't remember it ever being confirmed why it jumped to 63**... i just used your post as it seemed more logic.

Yeah, the most likely reason is because of a new vehicle type and wouldn't surprise me if that is revealed as the true reason but it just seems strange how they have never done it before. But everything can change I guess.
Site Administrator
3885 now also on loan to Washington. Going on X1 in half an hour, replacing a Scania L94.
(16 Feb 2016, 1:06 pm)Dan wrote 3885 now also on loan to Washington. Going on X1 in half an hour, replacing a Scania L94.

Bloody typical what Solar is it replacing?
Against the Anti-Lee Club.