You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
Just searched 'Ian Hignett' on Google (cos I am bored and cos I can) and found this cracker!

Wonder if he uses this when pleading with GNE to let him continue posting on the forum?

Kelly Megginson > Go North East

Ian Hignett. How long does it take to get a response from that email address you keep giving out? I emailed on 29th Oct and have had no reply. Thank you.
6 November 2012 Like · Comment

Ian Hignett They try to reply within 5 working days but have said that they have a backlog so it could take longer. If the nature of an enquiry/complaint necessitates reference to the depot then it will take longer.
29th Oct is only 6 working days.
Like · 6 November 2012

Kelly Megginson Thank you Ian. I don't like to be impatient and see you are very knowledgeable on here.
Like · 1 · 6 November 2012

or, he wrote it himself using a fake profile...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 Oct 2013, 10:56 am)Andreos1 wrote Just searched 'Ian Hignett' on Google (cos I am bored and cos I can) and found this cracker!

Wonder if he uses this when pleading with GNE to let him continue posting on the forum?

He wrote that or Clifford did. As fake as half as the ones that were used on here.

I'm really really intrigued what forced GNE's change of mind. Was it that complaint on the wall (which 'went' to Head Office and Investor Relations) or perhaps the extreme trolling that went on from various folk
Marxista Fozzski
(02 Oct 2013, 10:56 am)Andreos1 wrote Just searched 'Ian Hignett' on Google (cos I am bored and cos I can) and found this cracker!

I googled Ian Hignett Bus Photos a while back and this very thread came up 9th in the search out of over 40,000 results
(03 Oct 2013, 8:01 am)Leyland wrote Andy Clifford and Stuart Smith have both been posting comments this morning.

Andy still doesn't get the hint!

Andy Clifford > Go North East 2 hours ago ·
A19 County Durham - One lane closed on A19
southbound in Easington Colliery between the
A1086 junction and the B1320 Burnhope Way
junction, because of a broken down vehicle. Like

Go North East Hi Andy - thanks for the update. Could you also check the inbox message we've sent you? It should be in the 'other' folder.
Like · 1 hour ago

Andy Clifford Being. On iPad cannot find am I in trouble
Like · 1 hour ago

Go North East It's just a quick message. Have a read next time you're on a computer. Thanks. Like · 1 hour ago
(03 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote Andy still doesn't get the hint!

Good to see GNE finally cracking down on these Trolls
Wow, its happened.

All those comments tonight and some that Hignett would jump on and they've all gone unanswered.
(03 Oct 2013, 7:33 pm)gtomlinson wrote Wow, its happened.

All those comments tonight and some that Hignett would jump on and they've all gone unanswered.

Bet he is itching to post!
(03 Oct 2013, 7:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote Bet he is itching to post!

I doubt it, I heard he chopped he Fingers off so he didn't feel that urge after being put in his place by GNE.

Guess it was to much for poor "Higgy" to come to terms with after serving the GNE Facebook Page for ever long it was with his 20+ Alter Ego Characters.
Just as one monster lays slain another one magically pops up to take its place. George William Stewart is on the offensive tonight, antagonising customers in ways similar to the exchange below:

Amy Peters
The 16:59 number 1 from Gateshead, is it late or just didn't show up? And is the 17:14 going to arrive on time?
Like · · 3 hours ago near Gateshead

Go North East: Hi Amy.Im sorry to hear that the bus you are waiting for has been delayed, have you managed to travel yet??
3 hours ago · Like

Amy Peters: Yeah on the 16:59 now! Was just running mega late, thanks for your response, traffic is hell! Wasn't sure whether to hop on the metro or get another bus so cheers
3 hours ago via mobile · Like

Go North East: No problem, please you have managed to travel
3 hours ago · Like

George William Stewart: if traffic is hell why complain
3 hours ago · Like

Amy Peters: I wasn't complaining I was asking a question, and i was asking go north east not you!! Thanks for your pointless response total stranger who has no reason to post a comment on someone else's query.
2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 9

I guess he must have slipped under GNE's radar.
(04 Oct 2013, 7:39 pm)AdamY wrote Just as one monster lays slain another one magically pops up to take its place. George William Stewart is on the offensive tonight, antagonising customers in ways similar to the exchange below:

I guess he must have slipped under GNE's radar.

Just had a quick look and they have been posting in the last hour.
A response from GNE, included the following....
.....After a recent review, our
opening hours are set to change in the near future, which will mean that we'll be available for longer to answer any questions or queries you may have....
(04 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm)gtomlinson wrote They are doing exactly what I laid out in my plan.

Huzzah

Howay then g, what was your plan?

Mind, Ken would be proud of me - that Amy Peters is an alright bit of stuff!
Re: RE: Anything and Everything
(04 Oct 2013, 9:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote Howay then g, what was your plan?

Mind, Ken would be proud of me - that Amy Peters is an alright bit of stuff!

She just knows how to use a filter. In the words of Duncan Bannatyne; I'm out.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Getting away from the usual Facebook discussion - on trains, when you have booked a seat and someone is sitting in it when you get on, do you just sit elsewhere or do you argue for the seat? I've seen people do both but it really depends on whether there is another seat I like for me. My mood plays a big part too.
Group of 4 Scottish women were sitting on the table seat I had reserved, but the normal seats behind them were free so I let them have the table - didn't say a word! I know the guard last week argued with someone who hadn't reserved a seat when he thought he was entitled to sit in a reserved seat, so I may end up at the table yet..!
(05 Oct 2013, 6:44 am)Daniel wrote Getting away from the usual Facebook discussion - on trains, when you have booked a seat and someone is sitting in it when you get on, do you just sit elsewhere or do you argue for the seat? I've seen people do both but it really depends on whether there is another seat I like for me. My mood plays a big part too.
Group of 4 Scottish women were sitting on the table seat I had reserved, but the normal seats behind them were free so I let them have the table - didn't say a word! I know the guard last week argued with someone who hadn't reserved a seat when he thought he was entitled to sit in a reserved seat, so I may end up at the table yet..!

A group of 4 Scottish women at 7.45 in the morning and a young lad asking them to move - I am not sure what the end result could have been...
Site Administrator
(05 Oct 2013, 7:32 am)Andreos1 wrote A group of 4 Scottish women at 7.45 in the morning and a young lad asking them to move - I am not sure what the end result could have been...

They weren't too happy when a woman who had also reserved the table came up to them at Morpeth and was like "Excuse me ladies... I've reserved these seats, move."

Not a great way to start the morning for them, they all had hangovers hahah!

I stayed put in the seats behind. Meant I didn't have to sit next to anybody. Wink
(05 Oct 2013, 6:44 am)Daniel wrote Getting away from the usual Facebook discussion - on trains, when you have booked a seat and someone is sitting in it when you get on, do you just sit elsewhere or do you argue for the seat? I've seen people do both but it really depends on whether there is another seat I like for me. My mood plays a big part too.

I always say, move....you are sitting in my seats - And up to now, they always do!

Of course, I did it one time and reservations did not apply as East Coast had used a EMT set rather than the normal Tongue
(05 Oct 2013, 8:46 am)citaro5284 wrote I always say, move....you are sitting in my seats - And up to now, they always do!

Of course, I did it one time and reservations did not apply as East Coast had used a EMT set rather than the normal Tongue

Same. I always pick and choose my seats on the website, so I'm a bit miffed if someone's sitting in the said seat. If they're free I usually book the priority seats for the extra leg room.

I've actually had someone go to the lengths of moving the reservation card to the seat next to it once though. Reason being they wanted to sit next to the window. I tend to be a bit blunt with ignorant people though, so they got the message. Wink
Must admit, I have it down to a fine art form - so if you are in my seat by the window on a table of four, expect to see the following (all done deliberately of course after too much practice).

* watch as the person in my seat moves (usually part of the group and outcast by themselves somewhere else on the train) packs their stuff up, moves things from the overhead locker.

* watch as the person in the aisle seat sits waiting and unable to settle as I faff on putting my stuff in the overhead storage.

* sit down

* after 5 mins or when the group start getting settled again, remember to get something from the overhead storage, meaning the person in the aisle seat has to shift and stay standing when I get whatever it is I need from my bag.

* sit down and fire up laptop, making sure it is plugged in (whether it needs charging or not).

* start eating food (this can be pre-purchased or from the trolley - a good excuse to rummage for change and knocking the person in the aisle seat).

* make sure that if the person opposite is reading a paper or taking up lots of the table, that my laptop (or newspaper) overlaps theirs.

* after eating my food, remembering I need to go to the vestibule to make a call (I always sit in the quiet carriage) which means the person in the aisle seat has to get up and down.
Because reception can be iffy and a call lost, the person I have attempted ringing tends to ring back, 5 mins after I have sat down (cue the person in the aisle seat having to get up and down).

I don't do any of this if the table is taken by other passengers sitting in reserved seats - just when the seats are taken by people fancying a table seat.
Andy Clifford has all but thrown his toys out the pram.

Ben Campbellposted toGo North East
2 hours ago
I bought a 28 day get around to be issued to my card last month which runs out on the 7th. I've just bought another pass to use for this month but it requires 48 hours to activate. Can I use the days that are left off my last purchase since it doesn't run out until the 7th or can you only have one purchase active on your card at a time?
Like ·
Andy Clifford likes this.

Andy Clifford No answer from gne till the FB team open at 10am sunday
about an hour ago · Like

Ben Campbell Thanks Andy
about an hour ago · Like

Andy Clifford It's ok would answer not allowed to
about an hour ago · Like
Site Administrator
Does he realise that it's just as bad commenting like that as it is patronising customers? Idiot.

You will all be glad to hear I got a nice table seat on my train back to Newcastle. If I get bored of the one I'm at, I have a choice of about 3 others too. Quiet Coach is dead as ever! :D
Bit off form for that Mark Ellis to comment (when he works for GNE) Sort of makes a hypocrisy of things
(05 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm)Daniel wrote You will all be glad to hear I got a nice table seat on my train back to Newcastle Big Grin

Phew....been worried all day about this Tongue
(05 Oct 2013, 5:42 pm)aureolin wrote Andy Clifford has all but thrown his toys out the pram.

Ben Campbellposted toGo North East
2 hours ago
I bought a 28 day get around to be issued to my card last month which runs out on the 7th. I've just bought another pass to use for this month but it requires 48 hours to activate. Can I use the days that are left off my last purchase since it doesn't run out until the 7th or can you only have one purchase active on your card at a time?
Like ·
Andy Clifford likes this.

Andy Clifford No answer from gne till the FB team open at 10am sunday
about an hour ago · Like

Ben Campbell Thanks Andy
about an hour ago · Like

Andy Clifford It's ok would answer not allowed to
about an hour ago · Like

The continuation of this exchange is interesting. Andy is certainly not in favour of GNE's tough new stance on self-appointed transport gurus and is noticeably upset about this new direction. Apparently, he has written to GNE's MD to complain about the matter.
(05 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm)AdamY wrote The continuation of this exchange is interesting. Andy is certainly not in favour of GNE's tough new stance on self-appointed transport gurus and is noticeably upset about this new direction. Apparently, he has written to GNE's MD to complain about the matter.

I read that also....what a toss pot!
Marxista Fozzski
Went to see Darlo this afternoon and saw an interesting sign,

No Bus/Coach can park...

Of all places It was in...................................

Ossett Bus Station
.jpg Photo0323.jpg
(05 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm)citaro5284 wrote I read that also....what a toss pot!

Here is the rest of the exchange, just incase it gets deleted.
The word 'deluded' comes to mind.
Guess who 'liked' his post?

Michelle Parkin What do you mean you're not allowed Andy?
Like · 1 · 9 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Ben you can use it but the driver might be prompted which ticket on your card to use. You can have multiple active tickets and multiple stored tickets.
Like · 1 · 9 hours ago

Ben Campbell Thank you Michelle. Much appreciated!
Like · 2 · 8 hours ago

David Wear Buses Atkinson Michelle, GNE have requested that only they respond to complaints and queries. This was as a result of
numerous complaints and poor customer service as a result of some 'enthusiasts' such as Andy etc responding without correct customer service training and at times, perhaps not deliberately, antagonising customers. Numerous people have been warned and
then banned from posting and I applaud it. I think Mark Ellis in the post above is representative of what is wrong in the public arena, he shouldn't be discussing emails for his employers in an unofficialcapacity
Like · 7 hours ago

Andy Clifford Certain people have been asked not to help or give any advise any more michell
Like · 1 · 6 hours ago

Andy Clifford Kick in teeth the md has been emailed
Like · 1 · 6 hours ago

Michelle Parkin The poor customer service was on the most part provided by GNE themselves. The likes of Andy and Ian were filling in a void seeing as GNE aren't open when their customers want to speak to them.
Like · 3 · 6 hours ago

Andy Clifford Tell them Michelle the message I received bearing in mind they kept on saying how worthwhile my support was and even phoning them I was massively
upset even the drivers have supported our help over the last 3 years. Properly get banned now for this statement.
Like · 6 hours ago

Louise Gray I hope you don't Andy. I must admit I've always valued the help you and Ian have given. You would have probably been of help to me when I messaged them on Friday to complain the driver of the 10 using the route like a Grand Prix. Hope your complaint goes ok xx
Like · 1 · 4 hours ago

A kick in the teeth?!

Two sanctamonious tosspots, upsetting passengers and representing a multimillion pound plc are banned and it is a 'kick in the teeth'!
They need to get out more.
Marxista Fozzski
(06 Oct 2013, 2:03 am)Andreos1 wrote Here is the rest of the exchange, just incase it gets deleted.
The word 'deluded' comes to mind.
Guess who 'liked' his post?

A kick in the teeth?!

Two sanctamonious tosspots, upsetting passengers and representing a multimillion pound plc are banned and it is a 'kick in the teeth'!
They need to get out more.

I think young Andrew needs to get his priorities right, although I dont know how Mrs Clifford or Ma Clifford will take it that he cant post on GNE, GNE have every right to stop him posting and I would hope the MD just laugh at him...End of the day, done in the right way there is a place for people like Hignett and Clifford on the GNE page if they went about the responses the right way, there is a place for for punter interaction, things like posting service updates and problems before GNE becomes aware of it, but to try and answer customer service query the way they do is wrong and it gives GNE a bad name...

Maybe GNE should make it clear on the page that absolutely Nobody should attempt to deal with Customer Service Queries and adopt a very strict Zero Tolerance to it even it does sound rather draconian
(06 Oct 2013, 8:05 am)fozzovmurton wrote I think young Andrew needs to get his priorities right, although I dont know how Mrs Clifford or Ma Clifford will take it that he cant post on GNE, GNE have every right to stop him posting and I would hope the MD just laugh at him...End of the day, done in the right way there is a place for people like Hignett and Clifford on the GNE page if they went about the responses the right way, there is a place for for punter interaction, things like posting service updates and problems before GNE becomes aware of it, but to try and answer customer service query the way they do is wrong and it gives GNE a bad name...

Maybe GNE should make it clear on the page that absolutely Nobody should attempt to deal with Customer Service Queries and adopt a very strict Zero Tolerance to it even it does sound rather draconian

I am the last person in the world who will slag off someone's punctuation and grammar, but if Clifford writes his email the way he writes his GNE fb posts, you're right - the MD will just laugh at him.

What right minded MD, will want their organisation represented on fb out of hours by someone who tagteams up and upsets customers, can't spell or punctuate their posts, has helped turn the page into a farce - whilst having no GNE training?

His life seemingly consists of searching for traffic problems and (judging by his comment) rings GNE towers (taking up valuable space on an inadequate telephone system).

I imagine Clifford is out of work, so voluntarily giving up his time would be of benefit to his CV.
If 'helping out on the GNE fb page' is on his CV and a prospective employer checks his posts out - they wouldn't touch Clifford with the proverbial bargepole!