You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Wrightbus
(25 Mar 2016, 7:16 pm)Michael wrote It looks quite smart, hopefully it heads up here for demo purposes.

Yeah, I think it looks quite cute with its decker style looks.
(25 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm)DanPicken wrote It's looks terrible imo the pod looks very out of place.

Looks like its on a B9TL Chassis, with how short it is, would of looked better on a full size single decker chassis.
(21 Jun 2016, 8:15 pm)Adrian wrote Barely an open topper mind.

Half and half id say, Though the closed section does have the Sunroof Windows so suits all.

Bit of a more modern appearance over the Previous Optare Visionares that flood London though.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(25 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Noted at Heysham today ( 25th ) was Arriva's First Production Wright Streetdeck, Its destined for Arriva Kent ad Surrey.

First one to have gasket glazing windows too? I actually think it suits them better than full bonded glazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128789124@...920443616/
Just a trial at this stage like Arriva Midlands' Derby based FJ64 ETZ (although without it a non-Sapphire vehicle would need to be allocated to service 38) as opposed to a full batch order.
Streetdeck v Gemini 3.

Obviously the chassis and engine are different.
Apart from that, what are the differences between the two?
I've not had a go of the new batch of vehicles on the X9/10 yet, so haven't been able to judge/check for myself yet.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(09 Oct 2017, 11:54 am)Andreos1 wrote Streetdeck v Gemini 3.

Obviously the chassis and engine are different.
Apart from that, what are the differences between the two?
I've not had a go of the new batch of vehicles on the X9/10 yet, so haven't been able to judge/check for myself yet.

The x9/10 Gemini 3 are light and airy with nice big windows as against the x21 streetdeck which is a bit claustrophobic with their smaller windows.i would remove the tables and add extra seating.the Gemini 3 seems to bee more at ease at top speed were as the street deck seems underpowered.this is just my personal view.
(27 Jan 2018, 8:35 pm)Northern4555 wrote The x9/10 Gemini 3 are light and airy with nice big windows as against the x21 streetdeck which is a bit claustrophobic with their smaller windows.i would remove the tables and add extra seating.the Gemini 3 seems to bee more at ease at top speed were as the street deck seems underpowered.this is just my personal view.

I'm sorry, but the window arrangement on both buses - from what I can tell - is absolutely identical? 

I'm 99% sure that the bodies are identical. Similar to the Eclipse Solar vs Urban.
(27 Jan 2018, 10:37 pm)mb134 wrote I'm sorry, but the window arrangement on both buses - from what I can tell - is absolutely identical? 

I'm 99% sure that the bodies are identical. Similar to the Eclipse Solar vs Urban.

It feels a lot lighter with the windows on the Gemini 3 it’s just my experience of trying both routes.
(16 Dec 2018, 4:02 pm)Dan wrote Wrightbus lands orders from Hong Kong for 200 buses:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin...89325.html

Some of the first examples of this type now appear to be on delivery to KMB - AR505 and AR506 pictured here at Heysham Docks yesterday:

[Image: 31400615667_7f976ea307.jpg]Heysham Docks: 2x Unidentified Volvo B8L/Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Should get some of these for the 21!

(24 Sep 2019, 8:48 pm)BusLoverMum wrote So, the administrators are being called in. Quite a blow if nothing can be salvaged of the company. https://news.sky.com/story/boris-bus-mak...n-11818680

An interesting article on the mash up of company finances and personal interests which may explain the struggle to find a buyer:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/11753...07648.html

.jpeg 0BFBB1AD-7D89-401F-AD3A-CD6C6853D4B0.jpeg

The Evangelical Trust mentioned being the one he founded himself with lofty ambitions of creating a 90 acre village in Ballymena. £ Millions donated from Wright to this cause in years they were making losses. All the while Wright were paying £1.5m rent on land valued at just £3m. Land owned by, of course, Paster Jeff Wright.

God works in mysterious ways.

(24 Sep 2019, 9:18 pm)James101 wrote

An interesting article on the mash up of company finances and personal interests which may explain the struggle to find a buyer:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/11753...07648.html

The Evangelical Trust mentioned being the one he founded himself with lofty ambitions of creating a 90 acre village in Ballymena. £ Millions donated from Wright to this cause in years they were making losses. All the while Wright were paying £1.5m rent on land valued at just £3m. Land owned by, of course, Paster Jeff Wright.

God works in mysterious ways.

Blimey. Rather a lot for the administrators to untangle, some of it sounding more than a wee bit fishy.

(25 Sep 2019, 12:41 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Apparently the whole workforce has been made redundant. Chances of GNE getting those Streetdecks are getting slimmer

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin...33187.html

They're talking of nationalisation and as much as I would love to see it (for many reasons), I cant see this government doing that.

If they survive (as I said yesterday), I think it will be through a management buyout.

Northern Ireland's manufacturing economy is really struggling at the moment. This is the last thing it needs.

The knock on effect could be huge and felt massively as far away as the docks in Heysham.

(25 Sep 2019, 1:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote

They're talking of nationalisation and as much as I would love to see it (for many reasons), I cant see this government doing that.

If they survive (as I said yesterday), I think it will be through a management buyout.

Northern Ireland's manufacturing economy is really struggling at the moment. This is the last thing it needs.

The knock on effect could be huge and felt massively as far away as the docks in Heysham.

I honestly think this is the end for Wrightbus, at least as it is now.

After doing a bit more research and seeing what has came up in the news after this, I wouldn't touch it.

The fact that they made a £4 million donation to a charity run by the owner's son which caused them to make a loss of nearly £2 million.

The same son also happens to own the land and factory, which Wrightbus rent for £1.5 million a year.

It all smells of tax evasion and fraud to me.

(25 Sep 2019, 2:19 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

I honestly think this is the end for Wrightbus, at least as it is now.

After doing a bit more research and seeing what has came up in the news after this, I wouldn't touch it.

The fact that they made a £4 million donation to a charity run by the owner's son which caused them to make a loss of nearly £2 million.

The same son also happens to own the land and factory, which Wrightbus rent for £1.5 million a year.

It all smells of tax evasion and fraud to me.

Thing is, all the designs, all the kit etc are worth something to someone.

Even after MCW went to the wall, their adapted designs were being pumped out.

If the price is attractive and a profit can be made, people will be interested in buying - even if it is just certain assets.

Thinking out loud, I'm sure Northern Counties had similar issues. No idea if there had been any religious dealings on their part!