You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016
(25 Mar 2016, 10:22 am)Kuyoyo wrote 1562/6 on 63/64a, 1561 on 63

Also joined by 1560/3.
(25 Mar 2016, 10:22 am)Kuyoyo wrote 1562/6 on 63/64a, 1561 on 63
(25 Mar 2016, 2:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Also joined by 1560/3.

Later joined by 1572, but due to the traffic all have ended up all over the place.
1561 is out on 22s this evening (working the even hours from Middlesbrough)
Site Administrator
(30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm)Cock Robin wrote Not a single Max on either the X12 or X66 Sunday. Ridiculous. Every one a bog standard Pulsar.

I was quite surprised to read on a Facebook group that, to update the Next Stop Announcement media at Darlington, all "MAX" specification vehicles are kept off the road on a Sunday?

There's very few enthusiasts that can appreciate how time-consuming a job updating the media is, but as I have quite a large amount of experience in doing these updates for another operator, I can understand completely the wish to update all buses in one go, rather than dribs and drabs. What I couldn't understand is why Arriva don't pay for staff to come in on a night, when all buses are in the depot, to update the media? That way, passengers aren't 'inconvenienced' with a lower-spec vehicle being allocated, but it's still possible to catch every bus at the same time.

Not sure what other situations there have been, resulting in all "MAX" vehicles being off the road, but the above situation certainly could have been avoided...
As someone posted recently, "it's just a case of what is handy in the depot". Or is it just a case of laziness. Makes a mockery of the whole branding thing.