You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016
What I mean is Jesmond is now the only depot with brands that are only found in Jesmond and nowhere else (NHS 46, 52, 53 and 553)
(05 Apr 2016, 9:42 pm)NK53 TKT wrote What I mean is Jesmond is now the only depot with brands that are only found in Jesmond and nowhere else (NHS 46, 52, 53 and 553)

Ahh I get you Smile
(05 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm)Dan wrote Out of place? They'd only really look out of place, if there was a planned photoshoot with several Frequentas from different depots parked up together. The EcoCitys at Darlington carry a different base livery altogether, so I doubt the Arriva logo being used instead of Frequenta will be considered to be the end of the world.

Inconsistencies within the same brands is nothing new. This is just the latest in a long line. Another recent one of course being the addition of USB power sockets to the backs of seats on MAX refurbs. You've practically got Sapphire spec on those buses...

Better than Sapphire spec, in some cases, in terms of charging ability, given that a good proportion of the Co Durham Sapphires have non-working sockets!
(05 Apr 2016, 9:58 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Better than Sapphire spec, in some cases, in terms of charging ability, given that a good proportion of the Co Durham Sapphires have non-working sockets!
I can't say I have used plug sockets on Sapphires, only the TEN and the FAB FIFTY SIX. I may have used them on 7505 and them not work, can't remember
(05 Apr 2016, 9:54 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I'm not that thick or useless Tongue
I was briefly reading the posts during a match on Football Manager, misread the first sentence ,and so got a bit confused Wink
(05 Apr 2016, 10:03 pm)mb134 wrote I was briefly reading the posts during a match on Football Manager, misread the first sentence ,and so got a bit confused Wink

Everyone's human Smile 
Having no reread the post I can see how it might look confusing
(05 Apr 2016, 10:00 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I can't say I have used plug sockets on Sapphires, only the TEN and the FAB FIFTY SIX. I may have used them on 7505 and them not work, can't remember

The two companies seem to have similar hit rates with the charging points. Actually, now they have the Castles Express, GNE may have more overall success in that respect, but they lose points for giving my phone jumpy screen issues - had them badly on the castles express and less badly on a cobalt clipper. Never had such a problem on an arriva bus and that's with the same cable, with or without the charging plug.
(05 Apr 2016, 9:58 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Better than Sapphire spec, in some cases, in terms of charging ability, given that a good proportion of the Co Durham Sapphires have non-working sockets!
Couldn't believe my luck when I discovered the charging points on 7536 actually worked!

Same can't be said for 1594 on the X1 this morning!
(05 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The two companies seem to have similar hit rates with the charging points. Actually, now they have the Castles Express, GNE may have more overall success in that respect, but they lose points for giving my phone jumpy screen issues - had them badly on the castles express and less badly on a cobalt clipper. Never had such a problem on an arriva bus and that's with the same cable, with or without the charging plug.

If the 21 had them it would be a hit. Arriva need 6301-6307 for the Berwick X18s Tongue
(05 Apr 2016, 10:14 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Arriva need 6301-6307 for the Berwick X18s Tongue

You should've tried the VDL Gemini that was trialled on the X18 around 4 Years ago, I ridden it from the Haymarket to Haggerston Castle ( 10 Mins before Berwick ) Never again.......
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(05 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote You should've tried the VDL Gemini that was trialled on the X18 around 4 Years ago, I ridden it from the Haymarket to Haggerston Castle ( 10 Mins before Berwick ) Never again.......
X12's are painful enough on them!
(05 Apr 2016, 9:42 pm)NK53 TKT wrote What I mean is Jesmond is now the only depot with brands that are only found in Jesmond and nowhere else (NHS 46, 52, 53 and 553)

What about the 15 at Stockton? Or the Park & Ride at Whitby?
(05 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote You should've tried the VDL Gemini that was trialled on the X18 around 4 Years ago, I ridden it from the Haymarket to Haggerston Castle ( 10 Mins before Berwick ) Never again.......
I can imagine. I don't like them much at all, not as much as I hate pulsars though Wink
(05 Apr 2016, 10:20 am)Tom wrote Is the 46 the best place to find the Lowlanders still? Was hoping to have a ride on one of them today as they don't have long left I don't think.

You could have got 7436 on the X12 yesterday!
.jpg SNV34802.JPG
7507's front destination has slipped down on a diagonal, so you've kind of got to tilt your head to read it.
(06 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm)scania driver wrote Anyone know how 1808 is getting on on the X93 ?

It was still on yesterday. on the 0950 start rather than the 0850.
(06 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote Cling On Corner moved to Durham?

Just on day release  Rolleyes

1808 seems to be going well on the X93 so here's hoping a long term deal can be struck...
(06 Apr 2016, 4:05 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Hah! Just snapped 1323 ourselves!

Has Big'un got his camera out......has he got a flickr site yet?
(06 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm)citaro5284 wrote Cling On Corner moved to Durham?

On tour Tongue
I'm not there I was in Houghton last spring
EDIT I'm not a member my previous sentence sounds like I'm a member, I'm not one
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(06 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm)citaro5284 wrote Has Big'un got his camera out......has he got a flickr site yet?

I haven't created a flickr account for him yet. Refuse to let him clutter mine up with non-woolly things