Menu

Pages (128)    165 66 67128   
MrFozz   20 Apr 2016, 9:49 pm
One thing has annoyed me lately...

Someone at my mams work said to her 'Sorry to hear about your daughter...Bet that was a shock' to me that is not the right words in my mind, course it was a shock, the woman lost her daughter(my sis) for god sake, what can be more shocking than the death of there child...

Another remark was made to my mam at my sisters wake(sic?) Someone said 'Dont worry about it, you'll get over it'

I cant imagine many parents getting over the death of there child

Ignorant is what I think [ANGRY FACE]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Rapidsnap   20 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm
(20 Apr 2016, 8:53 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Do you have a link to the photo, or to who may have took it?

The photo isn't stolen. I'm just peeved off at the fact that I go through the effort to get a rural shot or a photo at a location away from the norm, and a photo taken by someone else at Cling On Corner which takes no sodden effort to get photos.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Jimmi   20 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm
(20 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm)GMitchelhill wrote The photo isn't stolen. I'm just peeved off at the fact that I go through the effort to get a rural shot or a photo at a location away from the norm, and a photo taken by someone else at Cling On Corner which takes no sodden effort to get photos.
By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?
South Tyne Lad   20 Apr 2016, 11:52 pm
(20 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi wrote By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?

And nearly all of them are took at Cling on Corner.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   21 Apr 2016, 12:37 am
It's the one without the Ipad

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
citaro5284   21 Apr 2016, 5:13 am
(20 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi wrote By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?

Yes................LOL
Davie   21 Apr 2016, 7:06 am
(21 Apr 2016, 12:37 am)GMitchelhill wrote It's the one without the Ipad

It wouldn't be mr Hogdson, would it?
Charles41   21 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm
Government cuts, just found out the library near my work is going to shut on a Monday and Thursday. I'm really surprised as it is a busy branch used by local schools and community groups.

I think it is such a shame, we should be looking after important local services not giving hundreds of millions of pounds in foreign aid to corrupt countries.

Charles
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   21 Apr 2016, 1:43 pm
(21 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm)Charles41 wrote Government cuts, just found out the library near my work is going to shut on a Monday and Thursday. I'm really surprised as it is a busy branch used by local schools and community groups.

I think it is such a shame, we should be looking after important local services not giving hundreds of millions of pounds in foreign aid to corrupt countries.

Charles

This rabble seem to think that things like public libraries are a luxury. Of course, if anyone complains about the cuts, the government line seems to be to suggest that councils can make efficiency savings elsewhere.

We were lucky that in the initial swathe, our council kept as many libraries open as possilble. Ours lost just a half day and had 2 half days consolidated into a long day, so it's still open 2 full weekdays and a Saturday morning - and that's a fairly quiet, small library.

Our most noticeable change in the village has been the sheer amount of litter since they got rid of the man with his little tractor who went around cleaning up and doing small maintenance jobs.
mb134   21 Apr 2016, 6:03 pm
Binge watched Peep Show and Fresh Meat (again in the case of Fresh Meat) these past couple of weeks, and I once again find myself sad when I get to the end and find no more episodes, I wish it was continuous!
Ambassador   22 Apr 2016, 6:47 am
7458 being my 'Max' ride to work.

Hello numb bum

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
mb134   24 Apr 2016, 12:49 pm
Streetlites. Had to catch the 418 today, they are not built for it Arriva! 

Awful acceleration, ungodly noises when on the A1, just generally horrible vehicles.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   24 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 12:49 pm)mb134 wrote Streetlites. Had to catch the 418 today, they are not built for it Arriva! 

Awful acceleration, ungodly noises when on the A1, just generally horrible vehicles.

I think that's the best way to describe them, IMO.
Michael   24 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm
Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

Annoys the life outta me!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   24 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

That doesn't sound like laziness. That sounds like a blatant attempt at plagiarism.
Michael   24 Apr 2016, 7:03 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC wrote That doesn't sound like laziness. That sounds like a blatant attempt at plagiarism.

That's another thing, she did it at Sunderland to. 

We go through Turnitin, which picks up plagiarism, so it would know anyway, i think it also lets the teachers know what time you put it in etc and i also get an email to confirm time/date.

Its quite annoying tbh, as it picks up the most stupid words!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   24 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

I do hope you told them to bog off and do their own work.
Michael   24 Apr 2016, 7:47 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I do hope you told them to bog off and do their own work.

I did, she deleted me and blocked me on Facebook but that's ok haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   25 Apr 2016, 10:18 am
The M&S website.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.
Jimmi   25 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm
It's freezing, there's no room to stand in the bus shelter and the 7 is currently 14 minutes late. [emoji34]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   25 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm
(25 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm)Jimmi wrote It's freezing, there's no room to stand in the bus shelter and the 7 is currently 14 minutes late. [emoji34]

We had cold white stuff falling from the sky, again, earlier [hot chocolate]
NK53 TKT   25 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm
(24 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm)Davie wrote I think that's the best way to describe them, IMO.

Except 1583 Wink
LeeCalder   25 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm
When I was booking my tickets on the trainline for Derby, I had to ring them because I had a rail voucher...

The gentleman I was speaking to, although he was really helpful I unfortunately couldn't really understand due to his strong Indian accent, and I had a feeling he had misunderstood something I had said.

And he has, so my return tickets are from Derby instead of Tutbury & Hatton... Meaning I'm going to have to trawl back there, although it will be my last ride on the villager for a while, so not all that bad.
Rapidsnap   25 Apr 2016, 10:03 pm
(25 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm)LeeCalder wrote When I was booking my tickets on the trainline for Derby, I had to ring them because I had a rail voucher...

The gentleman I was speaking to, although he was really helpful I unfortunately couldn't really understand due to his strong Indian accent, and I had a feeling he had misunderstood something I had said.

And he has, so my return tickets are from Derby instead of Tutbury & Hatton... Meaning I'm going to have to trawl back there, although it will be my last ride on the villager for a while, so not all that bad.

You know you're better off booking them directly with the train operator rather than through a third party ticket firm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   25 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm
High Street West roadworks....although the diverted X12 is now much quicker, it's a pain on the 21. Taking them an age to do

On a slight plus, Low Fells new bus lanes look near completion aside a few odd jobs. The 21 is again (whisper it once and knock on wood) on time!!!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
northern156   25 Apr 2016, 10:40 pm
(25 Apr 2016, 10:03 pm)GMitchelhill wrote You know you're better off booking them directly with the train operator rather than through a third party ticket firm.

Completely echo this. Why people are happy paying a booking fee for absolutely no reason I do not know. Plus with other operators you can gain Nectar points etc...

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Dan   26 Apr 2016, 4:50 am
(25 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm)Ambassador wrote High Street West roadworks....although the diverted X12 is now much quicker, it's a pain on the 21. Taking them an age to do

On a slight plus, Low Fells new bus lanes look near completion aside a few odd jobs. The 21 is again (whisper it once and knock on wood) on time!!!

I was at Chester-le-Street for a few hours yesterday and noticed that the Angels were all running on-time.

Towards Newcastle, a 21 was departing Corals, and then the one which had terminated at the Red Lion swung around and occupied the stand, so it was essentially a "turn up and go" frequency.
LeeCalder   26 Apr 2016, 6:51 am
Yeah, I didn't think twice though Gary, which really is my own fault. I refuse to book with VTEC, so have always booked on trainline. As to why I didn't book with CrossCountry I don't know.

When it comes to point or rewards etc I'm not really that arsed, I'm not a member of anything of such.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   26 Apr 2016, 9:33 am
(26 Apr 2016, 6:51 am)LeeCalder wrote Yeah, I didn't think twice though Gary, which really is my own fault. I refuse to book with VTEC, so have always booked on trainline. As to why I didn't book with CrossCountry I don't know.

When it comes to point or rewards etc I'm not really that arsed, I'm not a member of anything of such.

TBIB: May I ask why?

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
LeeCalder   26 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm
(26 Apr 2016, 9:33 am)northern156 wrote TBIB: May I ask why?

Because of their eagerness to get you too book with them again, the constant flow of emails etc, which although you can stop are very annoying.

As well as this, the fact they now opt for Nectar Points instead of their own reward system.
Pages (128)    165 66 67128