Menu

Pages (4) 1 2 3 4   
Are you going to attend?Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, and I have my tickets
13 (52.00%)
Yes but I need to print off tickets
4 (16.00%)
No
5 (20.00%)
Maybe
3 (12.00%)
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
NK53 TKT   07 May 2016, 7:23 pm
Are you attending this new event at Riverside?
BusLoverMum   07 May 2016, 7:25 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:23 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Are you attending this new event at Riverside?

Poll! You need a poll!

We'll be there, if my printer deigns to print off the tickets. It pretended to, yesterday, but when I went upstairs to check, they weren't there.
citaro5284   07 May 2016, 7:32 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Poll! You need a poll!

We'll be there, if my printer deigns to print off the tickets. It pretended to, yesterday, but when I went upstairs to check, they weren't there.

Big'un and little'un have hid them from you, or could it be hubby as he does not want a go at driving a bus?
NK53 TKT   07 May 2016, 7:33 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Poll! You need a poll!

There is a poll
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   07 May 2016, 7:34 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:33 pm)NK53 TKT wrote There is a poll

Poll! There's a poll!
NK53 TKT   07 May 2016, 7:35 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Poll! There's a poll!

Eh?!
BusLoverMum   07 May 2016, 7:37 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote Big'un and little'un have hid them from you, or could it be hubby as he does not want a go at driving a bus?

No. My printer is simply a
Adrian   07 May 2016, 7:46 pm
I've made the poll public, so you can see who is going etc.

(07 May 2016, 7:37 pm)BusLoverMum wrote No. My printer is simply a

Aye mine too. Try the app perhaps?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   07 May 2016, 9:35 pm
(07 May 2016, 7:46 pm)Adrian wrote I've made the poll public, so you can see who is going etc.

Aye mine too. Try the app perhaps?

If swearing at it doesn't work, I might have to try that.
Tom   08 May 2016, 3:45 pm
No tickets left by the looks of it?
citaro5284   08 May 2016, 3:47 pm
(08 May 2016, 3:45 pm)Tom wrote No tickets left by the looks of it?

The link is working for me fine.  There was an issue yesterday morning, but it seemed fine all yesterday afternoon.
Tom   08 May 2016, 3:50 pm
(08 May 2016, 3:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote The link is working for me fine.  There was an issue yesterday morning, but it seemed fine all yesterday afternoon.

Ah it doesn't matter the email went into the Updates folder for some reason. Got them anyway if I can make it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
thetravelman   15 May 2016, 8:15 pm
I've got tickets for the Open Day event, but my kids don't fancy it.... well they are teenagers! Is this just a kids day or would I as an adult be OK still to go and have a wonder round?  Still hoping my wife might come along with me also.

Are there any other people out there just going along as adults without kids?
Adrian   15 May 2016, 8:21 pm
(15 May 2016, 8:15 pm)thetravelman wrote I've got tickets for the Open Day event, but my kids don't fancy it.... well they are teenagers! Is this just a kids day or would I as an adult be OK still to go and have a wonder round?  Still hoping my wife might come along with me also.

Yes - there's a few of us going without kids.

citaro5284   15 May 2016, 8:49 pm
(15 May 2016, 8:15 pm)thetravelman wrote I've got tickets for the Open Day event, but my kids don't fancy it.... well they are teenagers! Is this just a kids day or would I as an adult be OK still to go and have a wonder round?  Still hoping my wife might come along with me also.

(15 May 2016, 8:21 pm)Adrian wrote Yes - there's a few of us going without kids.

It will be interesting I think without kids. You will see the engineering and Service Delivery functions, and see how we regulate services, so its not just for kids and of course you may be able to have a go driving a bus.
Tom   15 May 2016, 9:13 pm
(15 May 2016, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote It will be interesting I think without kids. You will see the engineering and Service Delivery functions, and see how we regulate services, so its not just for kids and of course you may be able to have a go driving a bus.

Yeah I think it will be very interesting. Gonna try an make it. Good on GNE for organising it, is it the first depot open day by a big company in the NE recently? I know Stagecoach do them in Cumbria but not heard of them doing any here.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   15 May 2016, 9:17 pm
(15 May 2016, 9:13 pm)Tom wrote Yeah I think it will be very interesting. Gonna try an make it. Good on GNE for organising it, is it the first depot open day by a big company in the NE recently? I know Stagecoach do them in Cumbria but not heard of them doing any here.

Stagecoach did something similar at Stockton a year or two ago. They also launched their gas buses for Sunderland by hosting a sort of open day.

Both one-offs as opposed to what is hopefully going to be an annual event, though.
Kuyoyo   15 May 2016, 9:19 pm
(15 May 2016, 9:13 pm)Tom wrote Yeah I think it will be very interesting. Gonna try an make it. Good on GNE for organising it, is it the first depot open day by a big company in the NE recently? I know Stagecoach do them in Cumbria but not heard of them doing any here.

Stagecoach did two in 2014 - Sunderland for the Gas Bus launch and Stockton for the 40th Anniversary of Cleveland Transit's formation.
Tom   15 May 2016, 9:24 pm
Ah ok wasn't aware of them - good to see it could be an annual event though. Would be nice to have them a different depots though
Dan   16 May 2016, 4:09 am
(15 May 2016, 9:24 pm)Tom wrote Ah ok wasn't aware of them - good to see it could be an annual event though. Would be nice to have them a different depots though

Most of GNE's depots aren't really fit for this purpose, as they're so old.

Riverside was built with open days in mind, so facilities and procedures were put in place to accommodate public events, alongside the day-to-day running of what is ultimately an operational bus depot.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
thetravelman   16 May 2016, 5:33 am
(15 May 2016, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote It will be interesting I think without kids. You will see the engineering and Service Delivery functions, and see how we regulate services, so its not just for kids and of course you may be able to have a go driving a bus.

I think an open day is a fantastic idea, I'm just pleased to hear that it's not just a kids day. I for one will be very interested in seeing the engineering departments, service delivery etc, it will be great to see the depot.... And maybe drive a bus too. 
I'll probably not bother with the teacups and face painting though... Lol
Andreos1   16 May 2016, 7:53 am
One of the things that is concerning me, are borne out of the comments in the Metrocentre Rally thread, mentioned in the 'Future of Bus Rallies' one and witnessed at previous events, such as Seaburn last year.

Granted not everyone is the same, but when enthusiasts fight, argue, loiter around entrances in packs, get involved in petty enthusiast politics etc., I can't help feeling that this family event may be undermined or spoilt in some way by the behaviour of the adult minority - whether intentional or not.

I totally get that the event is an attraction for adult enthusiasts. However, just like the promotional bus events that take place when a new brand is launched, they're designed for families too.
Maybe one or two well known and recognisable enthusiasts may want to bear in mind.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Adrian   16 May 2016, 9:04 pm
(16 May 2016, 7:53 am)Andreos1 wrote One of the things that is concerning me, are borne out of the comments in the Metrocentre Rally thread, mentioned in the 'Future of Bus Rallies' one and witnessed at previous events, such as Seaburn last year.

Granted not everyone is the same, but when enthusiasts fight, argue, loiter around entrances in packs, get involved in petty enthusiast politics etc., I can't help feeling that this family event may be undermined or spoilt in some way by the behaviour of the adult minority - whether intentional or not.

I totally get that the event is an attraction for adult enthusiasts. However, just like the promotional bus events that take place when a new brand is launched, they're designed for families too.
Maybe one or two well known and recognisable enthusiasts may want to bear in mind.
Spot on. The setup seems to work fine at Lothian by the way, but you still get enthusiasts that don't appreciate that it's a family event.

As for the idiots... perhaps a hard line approach needs to be taken? The object of the day is a family fun day, and I'm sure it'll have press attention. I wouldn't be taking any risks with idiots, if it were me running the event...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Charles41   17 May 2016, 12:30 pm
(16 May 2016, 9:04 pm)Adrian wrote Spot on. The setup seems to work fine at Lothian by the way, but you still get enthusiasts that don't appreciate that it's a family event.

As for the idiots... perhaps a hard line approach needs to be taken? The object of the day is a family fun day, and I'm sure it'll have press attention. I wouldn't be taking any risks with idiots, if it were me running the event...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree known offenders should just be refused access on the day.

You cannot have a few bad apples spoiling things for families with young children.

Charles
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Multi21   21 May 2016, 4:31 pm
It might also be worth pointing out that Arriva open their doors to the UEC (United Enthusiast Club) every year. If you want a sneaky peak at what goes on in the depots might be worth looking the UEC up
Dan   21 May 2016, 4:44 pm
(21 May 2016, 4:31 pm)Multi21 wrote It might also be worth pointing out that Arriva open their doors to the UEC (United Enthusiast Club) every year. If you want a sneaky peak at what goes on in the depots might be worth looking the UEC up

It's a shame that they limit it to such a small club.

Go North East are expecting over 1000 people in attendance at tomorrow's event, over the course of the day.
NK53 TKT   21 May 2016, 5:46 pm
(21 May 2016, 4:44 pm)Dan wrote It's a shame that they limit it to such a small club.

Go North East are expecting over 1000 people in attendance at tomorrow's event, over the course of the day.

I didn't think it would be quite that busy...

I am attending though
BusLoverMum   21 May 2016, 6:56 pm
What's the deal with the shuttle from the metrocentre coach park, tomorrow?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
biglugs@yahoo.com   21 May 2016, 7:14 pm
(21 May 2016, 6:56 pm)BusLoverMum wrote What's the deal with the shuttle from the metrocentre coach park, tomorrow?

Might be for those that have difficulty walking

Best bus ever
BusLoverMum   21 May 2016, 7:21 pm
(21 May 2016, 7:14 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Might be for those that have difficulty walking

Well, yeah - more the case of how frequent is it!
Pages (4) 1 2 3 4