You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
(05 May 2016, 9:05 pm)Tom wrote Ah yeah I do on Flickr but would that link to Flickr? I wouldn't mind adding bus enthusiasts but the problem is no one knows I like buses so that would give it away I'd imagine (especially if people tag me in stuff).

Well if people see your name on Flickr, all they have to do to find it is type it in to find you.

Yeah, mine probably would especially give the game away as I have a bus as my current cover photo, so if you were to add me, when it says you and Matthew Jimmison (me) are now friends, my cover photo would show up, plus some have buses as their profile pictures.
(05 May 2016, 9:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Well if people see your name on Flickr, all they have to do to find it is type it in to find you.

Yeah, mine probably would especially give the game away as I have a bus as my current cover photo, so if you were to add me, when it says you and Matthew Jimmison (me) are now friends, my cover photo would show up, plus some have buses as their profile pictures.

That's was I was worried about as it says that a lot on my feed. I did have one to use just for buses but it got banned for using a business name or something so I didn't bothered again.
I don't do facebook, but I did get followed on Twitter, earlier this week, by someone who makes spark plugs! I'm only following a handful of transport feeds out of about 500 follows, too!

Edtit  - I do have a fakebook account, but it is very much fake!
Marxista Fozzski
Can someone give me some advice here please about Insurance Claims...

Back in February/March, we got a bit of work done in the house, new bathroom suite with the bathroom being tiled on the walls and floor, during this process a pipe burst and water damaged the kitchen ceiling, my folks proceeded with a claim on the home insurance, to back up the claim a report was needed from the plumber, which he did for my folks, so a couple of weeks ago we got word back that a further report was needed with more detail, all of a sudden the plumber backed out, claiming it was against his Christian Principles, I dont know what that means, but my mother has been upset thinking that people may think she is trying to pull a fraud off, I can say my mother is not doing that, she has never committed a crime in her life and simply, she is understandably upset by this.

As the plumber is someone who I thought was a very good friend, I tried to find out what was going on, I tried to reason with him, telling him there was nothing wrong going on, to which I was told 'I know there is nothing wrong with it, but theres a few things that does not seem right'...That to me is a very contradictory statement to make and I cant figure out what is really going on. Quite simply I think this guy needs to think about his principles as he will be faced with Insurance Claims a lot in his line of work

Anyway, my mother is convinced the Insurance Claim is buggered now, can any of the wiser and older heads on this site give me some advice about how we should proceed with this because we have done nothing wrong and my folks want a quick resolution to this...

Any advice would be appreciate, either through a reply here or PM me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(07 May 2016, 9:46 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Giving photographing in the North East a break today, I'm off on a roam about of Yorkshire today.

Very nice where abouts are you off? Shame the weather wasn't like it was on Thursday.
(07 May 2016, 9:58 am)Tom wrote Very nice where abouts are you off? Shame the weather wasn't like it was on Thursday.

Going to head to York and Leeds for a hour each at the minimum, Though Barnsley and Sheffield could fit in if I have time!
I know, Been lovely all week but I was stuck in bloody classrooms haha.

Got some scenic shots planned though with me not being from round there I'm not going to head very far from the Train Station as I'm heading by myself.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(07 May 2016, 10:02 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Going to head to York and Leeds for a hour each at the minimum, Though Barnsley and Sheffield could fit in if I have time!

Got some scenic shots planned though with me not being from round there I'm not going to head very far from the Train Station as I'm heading by myself.
I'm also visiting Sheffield today, left at 11:00 on the Metrodecker demonstrator on service X78.
(07 May 2016, 9:16 am)MrFozz wrote Can someone give me some advice here please about Insurance Claims...

Back in February/March, we got a bit of work done in the house, new bathroom suite with the bathroom being tiled on the walls and floor, during this process a pipe burst and water damaged the kitchen ceiling, my folks proceeded with a claim on the home insurance, to back up the claim a report was needed from the plumber, which he did for my folks, so a couple of weeks ago we got word back that a further report was needed with more detail, all of a sudden the plumber backed out, claiming it was against his Christian Principles, I dont know what that means, but my mother has been upset thinking that people may think she is trying to pull a fraud off, I can say my mother is not doing that, she has never committed a crime in her life and simply, she is understandably upset by this.

As the plumber is someone who I thought was a very good friend, I tried to find out what was going on, I tried to reason with him, telling him there was nothing wrong going on, to which I was told 'I know there is nothing wrong with it, but theres a few things that does not seem right'...That to me is a very contradictory statement to make and I cant figure out what is really going on. Quite simply I think this guy needs to think about his principles as he will be faced with Insurance Claims a lot in his line of work

Anyway, my mother is convinced the Insurance Claim is buggered now, can any of the wiser and older heads on this site give me some advice about how we should proceed with this because we have done nothing wrong and my folks want a quick resolution to this...

Any advice would be appreciate, either through a reply here or PM me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I think you need to talk to citizens advice to find out where you stand.

I would have thought leaving people out of pocket because of his own error would be against the plumber's "Christian" principles, but clearly not. More likely that he doesn't want to incur an excess charge on his own work insurance, vif indeed he has any.
(07 May 2016, 10:02 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Going to head to York and Leeds for a hour each at the minimum, Though Barnsley and Sheffield could fit in if I have time!

Very good enjoy it! Should get some nice shots in York as its really nice there.

Same here, so boring stuck in school. Not too bad anymore because this year I can go out a dinner but still bores me especially when it's warm.
David Attenborough is 90 today, what a career he has had, and still, keeps on going.... Happy Birthday to a national treasure!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 May 2016, 7:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Muslim charity to put 'Allah is great' posters on buses to portray Islam in a positive light

Good or Bad?

To me its good, people need to learn not all of them  are bad.

Other way around though, what would the reaction from Muslims be if we put jesus all over the buses?

Just a question, not trying to offend no one.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 May 2016, 8:05 pm)Michael wrote To me its good, people need to learn not all of are bad.

Other way around though, what would the reaction from Muslims be if we put jesus all over the buses?

Jesus has been regularly plastered over buses in the past.

The reaction from the Muslim community was probably indifference.
I think it is a good idea as people need to be made aware they are all not bad, but not sure how much attention people will pay to them? If people have strong views I doubt a bus advert will change their opinion.
(08 May 2016, 8:08 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Jesus has been regularly plastered over buses in the past.

The reaction from the Muslim community was probably indifference.

Going to be honest, I've never noticed.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I like the last one by the Atheists Wink

I have no beliefs at all but i'm not against people who do.

Personally think religion causes more trouble than out.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 May 2016, 8:29 pm)Michael wrote I like the last one by the Atheists Wink

I have no beliefs at all but i'm not against people who do.

Personally think religion causes more trouble than out.

As do I as well in addition to the Stonewall campaign Adrian has posted.
(08 May 2016, 8:05 pm)Michael wrote To me its good, people need to learn not all of them  are bad.

I think that's happened.

As has this. (Edit - noticed that MurdonoC got there first)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi...reets.html
(08 May 2016, 9:46 pm)James101 wrote http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ja...ents-buses

Unfortunately this then also happens. Promoting religion in any way is always going to upset someone.

Aye.

Which is why I think it would be great if there were no religiou advertising, whatsoever, anywhere other than in the relevant place of worship.

Since its going to happen, though, so long as it's not advocating violence or oppression  (which it wouldn't be, in order to remain illegal.) an advert regarding Islam is no better or worse than one about Christianity or atheism.

The "Illegal to have a legal name" ads are really confusing Big'un, but the stuff they're referring to is so tin foil hat that it's really hard to explain to him other than in terms of "some people think they're outside the law and this ad is about that"

Edit: for those seeking a less 12 year old suitable explanation, it's all discussed here, with quite a few lawyers involved in the conversation and plenty of links to clarify stuff
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_u...f-bollocks
I fully agree with the above sentiments. Whilst I do think it is a good idea to show that not 'all' Muslims are bad (counter acting what is arguably the media's agenda), I don't think ANY sort of religious-type advertising should be put onto public transport.
The 'Some people are gay - get over it' adverts that Adrian linked to earlier are good anywhere - while homosexuality may have some sort of cross over with religion there should be a fine line between the two.

I think no matter what you try to do with ethics or philosophy, it's going to upset/offend someone nowadays.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Just had a extreme thought for a photograph, A Train flying over this bridge over a canal on the ECML but one thing is..... I will have to travel to just past Selby to catch this said shot.

Some bus shots this weekend though and I've got a good place for the 20/20As, Nowhere that's on Flickr.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile