You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

Banned
RE: Go North East - Latest
(16 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote Imagine (if you can) when the original GNE versions were pride of the fleet operating the x66?!
It is hard and difficult, but back in the day, it happened.

Even back then, they were sh!te

They did 21A runs from Newcastle to Hartlepool too, as did Excels!

The DAF X66 livery is my least favourite GNE livery ever (though I can't find a photo of it I remember it being very blue and amateur looking)
Site Administrator
(16 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm)GTM wrote The DAF X66 livery is my least favourite GNE livery ever (though I can't find a photo of it I remember it being very blue and amateur looking)

[Image: 4308735875_a99403667f.jpg]
Photo credit to EYBusman.

This one?
(16 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm)Dan wrote [Image: 4308735875_a99403667f.jpg]
Photo credit to EYBusman.

This one?

*shudders* and a Wright Handybus too.... eeeuuurrrggggh
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Banned
(16 Oct 2013, 8:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote *shudders* and a Wright Handybus too.... eeeuuurrrggggh

That's the one! Thanks Dan. I know it was pre-cursor of the corporate livery but I really didn't like it.

Nothing wrong with the Wright Handybus! Loved them on the 709
(16 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm)GTM wrote That's the one! Thanks Dan. I know it was pre-cursor of the corporate livery but I really didn't like it.

Nothing wrong with the Wright Handybus! Loved them on the 709

Hated them with a passion.
On the 26, I had the Metrobus/Atlantean, then Delta/Lance - Handybus.
On the 777, I had the National, then the Handybus...

There was also a version of the x66 when worked by DAF's, that had the number in a yellow circle, just behind the front wheel arch.
There was a few services that had that style too inc the Tridents/Loynes from Winlaton into Newcastle that went along Scotswood Road - would have been early 2000's before they all got shifted to Chester.

Edit - Just noticed your signature. When did I ever say that? Fancy coming up with such a line like that? When did I say I was against QCS? Wink
Banned
(16 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote Hated them with a passion.
On the 26, I had the Metrobus/Atlantean, then Delta/Lance - Handybus.
On the 777, I had the National, then the Handybus...

There was also a version of the x66 when worked by DAF's, that had the number in a yellow circle, just behind the front wheel arch.
There was a few services that had that style too inc the Tridents/Loynes from Winlaton into Newcastle that went along Scotswood Road - would have been early 2000's before they all got shifted to Chester.

Edit - Just noticed your signature. When did I ever say that? Fancy coming up with such a line like that? When did I say I was against QCS? Wink

The signature does not lie (took your time though!)

The Handybus was quite a nippy little thing, though it did feel like it had been made out of corrugated metal stolen from a shed. The 77 had quite an eclectic mix of vehicles on it for a while, as did 709/28 and the 809. It just seemed to get whatever was spare

Don't remember the yellow circle thing though
(16 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm)GTM wrote The signature does not lie (took your time though!)

The Handybus was quite a nippy little thing, though it did feel like it had been made out of corrugated metal stolen from a shed. The 77 had quite an eclectic mix of vehicles on it for a while, as did 709/28 and the 809. It just seemed to get whatever was spare

Don't remember the yellow circle thing though

Sod's law I can't find a photo of it either...
Site Administrator
I'm told 4935 has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road depot for its Northern repaint.
8302 should therefore be ready to return to Deptford depot.
Did anyone pop along to see the Connections 4 display at the Galleries today? I had thought it would have been in the bus station, but I couldn't see anything down there (I did have a brief chat to a very nice & pleasant young lady in the travel shop though!), so I headed up into the shopping centre *shudder*.

The promotion display was setup near Muffin Break, and looked rather good actually. There was a couple of blokes in white suits playing a large connect 4, and Mark Ellis (sporting a very snazzy 'Connections 4' branded white coat) & Gary Lines were around to speak to customers too. Didn't have time to go over, but it looked like a job well done. Only criticism is I would have perhaps done it in the bus station itself, as that's where your target audience are.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 Oct 2013, 12:48 pm)aureolin wrote Did anyone pop along to see the Connections 4 display at the Galleries today? I had thought it would have been in the bus station, but I couldn't see anything down there (I did have a brief chat to a very nice & pleasant young lady in the travel shop though!), so I headed up into the shopping centre *shudder*.

The promotion display was setup near Muffin Break, and looked rather good actually. There was a couple of blokes in white suits playing a large connect 4, and Mark Ellis (sporting a very snazzy 'Connections 4' branded white coat) & Gary Lines were around to speak to customers too. Didn't have time to go over, but it looked like a job well done. Only criticism is I would have perhaps done it in the bus station itself, as that's where your target audience are.

There might be doing it at that location trying to bring on board the public that are using there own transport and entice the public to use there bus service instead, no use doing the promotion in the bus station as the public there are already using there public transport buses.

Are the Connect4 buses the same base colour as the simplicity buses?.

(17 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm)cbma06 wrote There might be doing it at that location trying to bring on board the public that are using there own transport and entice the public to use there bus service instead, no use doing the promotion in the bus station as the public there are already using there public transport buses.

Are the Connect4 buses the same base colour as the simplicity buses?.

Potentially yes. That's a good point. The buses look to be a midnight blue from the photos I've seen.
(17 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm)mattdw92 wrote NL63XAZ, NL63XBA, NL63XBB regs of current Streetlites at Saltmeadows.

Thanks, any idea on the fleet numbers yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Oct 2013, 12:48 pm)aureolin wrote There was a couple of blokes in white suits playing a large connect 4, and Mark Ellis (sporting a very snazzy 'Connections 4' branded white coat) .

Have you managed to decontaminate yourself after stepping into the Galleries?

Someone put a very good Mark Ellis lookalike photo onto the GNE fb page at some point - incase you (or anyone else is yet to see it)
.png Bunsen11.png
Site Administrator
(17 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm)mattdw92 wrote NL63XAZ, NL63XBA, NL63XBB regs of current Streetlites at Saltmeadows.

Three further Streetlites have since arrived.
(17 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm)Dan wrote Three further Streetlites have since arrived.

That was quick
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Yeah they are the only three visable out the front to see regs.
CatsFast101
Unregistered

Anyone of them been branded yet? Only two more left to arrive now, that was quick.

Also, a Cats Fast bus had broke down today inbetween Ryhope & the B&Q on that stretch of road. Didn't catch fleet number. Must of been on 60/61/39.
(17 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Anyone of them been branded yet? Only two more left to arrive now, that was quick.

That's what she said... Tongue

Wonder if they will be here tomorrow - Wonder if we will have the 2 drifter ones + 1 Saltwell park.

Re-posting the post from Rob (on page 73) for delivery dates:

11 Mercedes Citaro for MetroLINK, ALL HERE, and enter service on Sunday

8 Wright Streetlite for Drifter - 6/8 here so far.
8 Wright Streetlite for Saltwell Park,
Which are due to start arriving towards the end of October - Drifter variants first. - Their starting to arrive a little early.

14 Optare Versa for Citylink, which are due to start arriving mid/late October - any time soon.

12 Optare Solo SR for Venture, which are due to arriving mid November.

34 Volvo B9/Wright Gemini for Fab Fifty Six and Cobalt Clipper, which are due to start arriving late December.

From the initial arrival dates, it will take a few weeks for everything to arrive, be fitted with the key smart card readers, have blinds programmed, branded, tested and ready to go.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(17 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm)mattdw92 wrote NL63XAZ in Saltmeadows today. With toned down copyright logos for those who seen it elsewhere..........

I do like that colour hope it's a good branding though. Nice shot too.
(17 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm)mattdw92 wrote NL63XAZ in Saltmeadows today. With toned down copyright logos for those who seen it elsewhere..........

I have to say that looks extremely smart. Air con too judging by the unit on the roof.
(17 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm)aureolin wrote I have to say that looks extremely smart. Air con too judging by the unit on the roof.

It looks really smart, i agree let's hope its a decent branding
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm)aureolin wrote I have to say that looks extremely smart. Air con too judging by the unit on the roof.

Not many windows that can open, only one either side I think.... So one would hope so!

(17 Oct 2013, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote It looks really smart, i agree let's hope its a decent branding

I'm sure it'll be a pleasant surprise...
(17 Oct 2013, 5:31 pm)mattdw92 wrote I'm sure it'll be a pleasant surprise...

I'm sure it will....

If all 8 are here for the Drifter by Monday (which they should be), GNE will or should include them in the latest fleet changes, might find out what their fleet numbers are..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(17 Oct 2013, 5:38 pm)Michael wrote If all 8 are here for the Drifter by Monday (which they should be), GNE will or should include them in the latest fleet changes, might find out what their fleet numbers are..

I might even include them in NEB's Sunday update if I'm feeling nice!

Would anyone like a hint as to which fleet numbers the first three may have been allocated? Angel
Site Administrator
(17 Oct 2013, 5:44 pm)Dan wrote I might even include them in NEB's Sunday update if I'm feeling nice!

Would anyone like a hint as to which fleet numbers the first three may have been allocated? Angel

Speaking of the Streetlites, I forgot to mention that 8302 returned to Deptford at approximately 14:30 today. Certainly one to look out for tomorrow for those wanting photos of the exclusives! Wink