You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Stalking and Such V2
(03 May 2016, 10:30 pm)Multi21 wrote Comparing Streetlites and Geminis what was I thinking  (Head in hands moment)

I suppose its not as much of a head in hands moment as you think, There is a few things in the cab that are similar to the Streetlite.

The most obvious thing being the speedometer and the indicators.

The Gemini and Streetlite take a few things from the Siemens VDO Dashboard which is found in GNE's Citaro's, The Gemini's have the older VDO dashboard buttons while the Streetlite has the newer generation. Wink
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(03 May 2016, 10:30 pm)Multi21 wrote Comparing Streetlites and Geminis what was I thinking  (Head in hands moment)
Was it you who was instructing me to open and shut doors and se the destination for the X7 and Durham X24
(04 May 2016, 4:21 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Was it you who was instructing me to open and shut doors and se the destination for the X7 and Durham X24

No comment Wink
(05 May 2016, 11:43 am)Jimmi wrote Saw two young lads outside Saltmeadow's. Judging by posts elsewhere on the forum I'm guessing one of them was Ryan99?

Sorry I didn't speak much.

It was me and indeed Ryan99.
Site Administrator
(05 May 2016, 3:21 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I might head up there in a hour to see what's there, Lovely weather and long nights too.

Saltmeadows closes at 4pm, so all the shutters will be down and all you'll see is an ex-Pronto B7, two new Streetlites and a group of ex-North Tyne MPDs along the back wall.
(05 May 2016, 3:33 pm)Dan wrote Saltmeadows closes at 4pm, so all the shutters will be down and all you'll see is an ex-Pronto B7, two new Streetlites and a group of ex-North Tyne MPDs along the back wall.

Ah, Well that's that plan out of the window then.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Saw Thomas Simms, Dan Graham , Dan Picken , Davie , Adam ( Malarkey ) , Marcus and loads more new or familiar faces who I don't know the name of.

There was this canny lad who came up to me on the Indigo Solo and asked me how your start the bus electrics and engine etc and we had little conversations through the day -
I'm guessing its either NK53 or BigLugs going by there age etc.
(22 May 2016, 5:09 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Saw Thomas Simms, Dan Graham , Dan Picken , Davie , Adam ( Malarkey ) , Marcus and loads more new or familiar faces who I don't know the name of.

There was this canny lad who came up to me on the Indigo Solo and asked me how your start the bus electrics and engine etc and we had little conversations through the day -
Not me i was elsewhere
Best bus ever
I also saw and said hello to Dan today (although it was rather awkward).

I didn't go over especially for that reason, I had wanted to have a look on a new Streetdeck at the Metrocentre rally but never got to as I was down in Scarborough meaning I was unable to attend. However, I took the opportunity here to have a look inside it while it was there.

As I had seen Dan, I was considering saying hi but I kind of said this aloud which got my parents interested so I had to tell them how I knew him/you. I had originally decided not to say anything, mainly because the que to have the name put on the destinations was quite long and I didn't wish to disrupt anything. Anyway, we boarded and had a good look around and it was an incredibly nice vehicle.

When we were coming back down the stairs, Dan was doing stuff on the laptop he had so my dad attracted his attention and looked at me as to say 'say something then' which I could have clagged him for as it made me look like I was too scared to say something myself. Anyway, I did say something (took my a couple of seconds to get it out with not 100% expecting to say hi) but made sure I kept it short so I didn't hold anything up.

Apologies if I came across as rude from it though, I am capable of saying hello to people myself without the aid of a father. I can draw something slightly positive from it though, Dan has really warm hands Tongue
Site Administrator
(22 May 2016, 6:03 pm)S813 FVK wrote Apologies if I came across as rude from it though, I am capable of saying hello to people myself without the aid of a father. I can draw something slightly positive from it though, Dan has really warm hands Tongue

Didn't come across as rude at all - I was concerned that me rushing around everywhere and not stopping still to chat to everyone would come across as rude, but I didn't want to keep the kids waiting too long for their names to be shown on the destinations!

I'm sure everyone will get to sleep tonight knowing that I have warm hands.  Tongue
(22 May 2016, 6:36 pm)Dan wrote Didn't come across as rude at all - I was concerned that me rushing around everywhere and not stopping still to chat to everyone would come across as rude, but I didn't want to keep the kids waiting too long for their names to be shown on the destinations!

I'm sure everyone will get to sleep tonight knowing that I have warm hands.  Tongue

That's alright then haha. I actually felt a bit guilty for holding you up anyway, especially as you were just going back to sort the next kid out. Glad that I didn't come across as being rude though, makes me feel a lot better.

I was actually surprised at how warm your hand was like - usually I think mine are warm (but are usually freezing cold to others) but never anything like that haha.
(22 May 2016, 6:36 pm)Dan wrote Didn't come across as rude at all - I was concerned that me rushing around everywhere and not stopping still to chat to everyone would come across as rude, but I didn't want to keep the kids waiting too long for their names to be shown on the destinations!

Not just kids, going by Kieron's review Big Grin

Big'un was the one doing the starfish while you ate your ice cream, this morning.
(22 May 2016, 5:09 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Saw Thomas Simms, Dan Graham , Dan Picken , Davie , Adam ( Malarkey ) , Marcus and loads more new or familiar faces who I don't know the name of.

Not me, I only sat in 8335's cab
I'm just visible in Malarkey's photo of 5428, one of the drivers wasn't happy that I changed the destination to 900 South Gosforth for Tommy, Eventually they just gave up I think because nearly everyone was doing it!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark.../contacts/       Will probably have to zoom in to see me, Tommy's eating his ice cream and I'm next to him, Standing to the right of him not the left.
(23 May 2016, 11:26 am)Michael wrote Anyone from here at Park Lane, taking photos?

Just left park lane on the 8.

Noticed two when I passed about 14:50, one was Steven Hodgson but only seen the back of the other one.
(23 May 2016, 4:37 pm)Deleted wrote Noticed two when I passed about 14:50, one was Steven Hodgson but only seen the back of the other one.

Should have guessed that Michael....Cling On Corner is now at Park Lane for the new Prince Bishops.