Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016
(28 May 2016, 6:11 pm)ne14ne1 wrote New NSAs with Emma are great, but my only issue/suggestion...   I wonder if on future NSAs, the recordings could be cropped slightly so there isn't such a delay between "Next stop", and the stop name...

Examples of delay:

Another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkPs-GM_NgQ

Thanks for using my video. Big Grin
Best bus ever
Site Administrator
(28 May 2016, 6:52 pm)Michael wrote Should of got rid of 548 Wink

548 has already been withdrawn - came off at the start of April... I must have forgotten to update the fleet list to mark its withdrawal. #slacking

I think both 542 and 548 will be sold for scrap and only the newer Transbus MPDs will be sold as runners.

551 was withdrawn in line with the service changes last weekend (the loss of service 99).
(28 May 2016, 6:55 pm)Dan wrote 548 has already been withdrawn - came off at the start of April... I must have forgotten to update the fleet list to mark its withdrawal. #slacking

I think both 542 and 548 will be sold for scrap and only the newer Transbus MPDs will be sold as runners.

551 was withdrawn in line with the service changes last weekend (the loss of service 99).

It was repainted not long ago aswell
Best bus ever
(28 May 2016, 6:55 pm)Dan wrote 548 has already been withdrawn - came off at the start of April... I must have forgotten to update the fleet list to mark its withdrawal. #slacking

Not good enough Dan!!! Wink Wink Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
While most TTX decker so appear to be failing at the minute I was in the car behind 6044 on the A19 and the limiter is broken, it did 69mph
(28 May 2016, 8:26 pm)NK53 TKT wrote While most TTX decker so appear to be failing at the minute I was in the car behind 6044 on the A19 and the limiter is broken, it did 69mph

was the bus going along a downhill stretch of road with the wind blowing behind it Big Grin

(28 May 2016, 8:53 pm)cbma06 wrote was the bus going along a downhill stretch of road with the wind blowing behind it Big Grin

Northbound near Testos
(28 May 2016, 6:20 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Thanks for using my video. Big Grin

No worries. (The second example is my own vid).   Wink
(28 May 2016, 5:12 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Will 547 be withdrawn soon as it lacked speed on the 16

Just because a bus doesn't seem fast doesn't mean it is knackered. Another large variable normally on buses is the driver...
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(28 May 2016, 9:38 pm)northern156 wrote Just because a bus doesn't seem fast doesn't mean it is knackered. Another large variable normally on buses is the driver...

Aye. There's some never in a hurry. Even when they're already running late.
Not quite sure how but the Angels are running in 2's at 23.20.

I'm sat on 3962 and it's an absolute disgrace. It stinks, beer cans all over, seats lifted up and it's full to burst.

We're being followed by the last Bishop bound 21 of the night. Which is totally empty but managed to let our late runner do all the work as he hovers behind
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
I wasn't aware the Orbit was around so recently
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.948872...312!8i6656

And isn't that what used to be the coop, behind it?

It's a Citylink, around the corner!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.948745...312!8i6656

Edit - just realised the orbit is the old 51/52, pre Quaylink, isn't it?
Site Administrator
(28 May 2016, 10:22 pm)Ambassador wrote Not quite sure how but the Angels are running in 2's at 23.20.

I'm sat on 3962 and it's an absolute disgrace. It stinks, beer cans all over, seats lifted up and it's full to burst.

We're being followed by the last Bishop bound 21 of the night. Which is totally empty but managed to let our late runner do all the work as he hovers behind

Duplicate 21s running for the Cricket.
Jamie M
Unregistered
What's with the 100% increase in 74s? The last one gets to hexham at 0042 now. I've only been on it with 3-4 people at any given time. May as well make the 689 every hour while they are at it.
(29 May 2016, 8:12 am)Jamie M wrote What's with the 100% increase in 74s? The last one gets to hexham at 0030 now. I've only been on it with 3-4 people at any given time. May as well make the 689 every hour while they are at it.

Only runs on Friday and Saturday Nights, I believe its a supported service too though I'm not 100% sue on that.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Yesterday morning, when I boarded the 21. Flipping heck, you could see where the bus floor had been cleaned, and it had only been the entrance.

There was still soapy water from between the doors and the stairs. The rest of the bus was absolute filthy!
(29 May 2016, 8:14 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Only runs on Friday and Saturday Nights, I believe its a supported service too though I'm not 100% sue on that.

Only Saturday nights since October, my grandad gets the 74 to the social club in Westerhope (I think) and he used to get the Friday night bus but no longer does, he wrote multiple complaints and the Saturday one is funded by Ponteland Town Council
(29 May 2016, 8:12 am)Jamie M wrote What's with the 100% increase in 74s? The last one gets to hexham at 0042 now. I've only been on it with 3-4 people at any given time. May as well make the 689 every hour while they are at it.

Tell that to my grandad Tongue 
There is no increase, the times have changed and they have actually become LESS frequent and if you want a busy 74 get the 17:35 bus to Hexham from Newcastle, it gets full to bursting point with a solo or MPD
(29 May 2016, 9:07 am)LeeCalder wrote Yesterday morning, when I boarded the 21. Flipping heck, you could see where the bus floor had been cleaned, and it had only been the entrance.

There was still soapy water from between the doors and the stairs. The rest of the bus was absolute filthy!

I'd ask for the bus number, but the problem certainly isn't unique with one bus or one operator. The blues of GNE and the greys of Arriva just make the buses look filthy. Only Stagecoach's colour scheme seems to hide the dirt well.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 May 2016, 10:25 am)Adrian wrote I'd ask for the bus number, but the problem certainly isn't unique with one bus or one operator. The blues of GNE and the greys of Arriva just make the buses look filthy. Only Stagecoach's colour scheme seems to hide the dirt well.

I certainly agree, it seemed rather unprofessional to have a bus out in such a state.
Site Administrator
(29 May 2016, 10:25 am)Adrian wrote I'd ask for the bus number, but the problem certainly isn't unique with one bus or one operator. The blues of GNE and the greys of Arriva just make the buses look filthy. Only Stagecoach's colour scheme seems to hide the dirt well.

I agree.

I think the grey colourscheme Go North East used for its refurbishment of 5245 hides the dirt quite well. Here's hoping something similar can be rolled out on other mid-life refurbishments (if not the 'wood effect' flooring!)

[Image: 13925093907_68f04282b9.jpg]Go North East: 5245 / NK56KHP by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(29 May 2016, 11:00 am)LeeCalder wrote I certainly agree, it seemed rather unprofessional to have a bus out in such a state.

I hate that buses aren't cleaned properly, but it comes down to what is practically possible, with the effort capacity that you have. 

To clean an entire fleet of buses with a wet wash, is going to take you about 30 mins per bus I'd reckon. So that's 250 hours, if you had a fleet of 500 buses. To do that every night, you're going to need about 28 cleaners working all through the night. Or in terms that matter to the business... it'll equate to over half a million in payroll costs per annum, just for the cleaning.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(29 May 2016, 11:29 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Are dual door renowns still the right allocation to the 9

Any red single deck.
(29 May 2016, 11:16 am)Dan wrote I agree.

I think the grey colourscheme Go North East used for its refurbishment of 5245 hides the dirt quite well. Here's hoping something similar can be rolled out on other mid-life refurbishments (if not the 'wood effect' flooring!)

[Image: 13925093907_68f04282b9.jpg]Go North East: 5245 / NK56KHP by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Hopfully they start them soon... Hopefully after the all the repaints are done from the Prince Bishops Scania's and all of the Streetlites are in service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.