Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016
(29 May 2016, 11:26 am)Adrian wrote I hate that buses aren't cleaned properly, but it comes down to what is practically possible, with the effort capacity that you have. 

To clean an entire fleet of buses with a wet wash, is going to take you about 30 mins per bus I'd reckon. So that's 250 hours, if you had a fleet of 500 buses. To do that every night, you're going to need about 28 cleaners working all through the night. Or in terms that matter to the business... it'll equate to over half a million in payroll costs per annum, just for the cleaning.

Though customer satisfaction is what draws new customers in, So in a way it has to be done.

Had 5232 yesterday and there was dirt everywhere, 3 Chewing Gums stuck to the seatback in front and fluff around the seats, Which did put me off.

Dark couler's are probably the best thing to hide the dirt, Which is why Stagecoach's Interior is mostly impeccable.
Though I think Stagecoach have a strict regime which involves Steam Cleaning the Seats, I'm not sure if other operators do the same.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(29 May 2016, 11:39 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Though customer satisfaction is what draws new customers in, So in a way it has to be done.

Had 5232 yesterday and there was dirt everywhere, 3 Chewing Gums stuck to the seatback in front and fluff around the seats, Which did put me off.

Dark couler's are probably the best thing to hide the dirt, Which is why Stagecoach's Interior is mostly impeccable.
Though I think Stagecoach have a strict regime which involves Steam Cleaning the Seats, I'm not sure if other operators do the same.

They also hand paint their buses every few years.
Site Administrator
(29 May 2016, 11:39 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Though customer satisfaction is what draws new customers in, So in a way it has to be done.

I wouldn't say customer satisfaction is what brings in new customers - that is what retains existing customers.

Go North East's latest passenger satisfaction figure is at 89%:
http://www.simplygo.com/newsroom/#/news/...vey-163903

Value for money is probably one of the leading factors in bringing in new customers, which, according to the above article, is up 5% compared to last year. I think more could be done to improve value for money on evenings and Sundays (when the frequency on most services is reduced), and is possibly one of the reasons why that percentage is still fairly low, at 67%. Arriva North East's 'five for a fiver' ticket, which allows unlimited travel in a specified zone after 7pm, is a step in the right direction in providing value for money on evenings.
Today's allocation for the cricket shuttles were as follows:

Durham Rail Station 500: 3872, 6012, 6017, 6018, 6020
Lambton Park & Ride 501: 3878, 6022, 6026, 6036, 6039
Shouldn't be using colour to hide dirt at all. Wouldn't be acceptable in other businesses.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(29 May 2016, 11:35 pm)dannygee wrote 3888 is back and has been for a while. Normally goes in the 434 in ashington-linton then the 9 at 5pm-9pm
Sorry for not being clear, when will it be Stanley based, since the news says "temporary" transfer.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2016, 7:40 am)Jamie M wrote Sorry for not being clear, when will it be Stanley based, since the news says "temporary" transfer.

3888 was undergoing a trial period of use on the 434/448 services.

It has proven to be reliable enough, so, as busmanT rightly stated, there are no plans for 3888 and 6030 to be exchanged again.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(30 May 2016, 7:47 am)Dan wrote 3888 was undergoing a trial period of use on the 434/448 services.

It has proven to be reliable enough, so, as busmanT rightly stated, there are no plans for 3888 and 6030 to be exchanged again.
Thanks for clearing that up!
(29 May 2016, 11:54 pm)idiot wrote Shouldn't be using colour to hide dirt at all. Wouldn't be acceptable in other businesses.

That has been the case for years now though, with pretty much all major operators.
(28 May 2016, 10:16 am)Dan wrote 5429 and 5436 are the most recent ones to arrive - both of which entered service yesterday.

See fleet list here for an idea of where we're at with deliveries. The news is now up to date (for Go North East anyway!)

There's roughly a one-week turnaround on all new vehicles being delivered - so it all depends on how many are delivered that week.

5430 arrived at Belfast Docks this morning (will probably go across to Heysham on tonight's sailing) and 5431/38 are both undergoing PDI at the moment. I would expect that there's a high likelihood that these three will all enter service by this time next week.

Worth noting that 5438 is the first Euro 6 Daimler-engined Streetlite for Go North East. The rest of the batch prior to this example are all Euro 5 Cummins.

Red, NK16 BWZ has been spotted today, https://www.flickr.com/photos/ulsterbusp...ateposted/

Thanks to Phill McAlinney for the photo.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 May 2016, 6:02 pm)Michael wrote Red, NK16 BWZ has been spotted today, https://www.flickr.com/photos/ulsterbusp...ateposted/

Thanks to Phill McAlinney for the photo.

Another Euro 5 Cummins, according to the caption..! Must have gone for a full batch of Euro 5 Cummins for simplicity, instead of having the back end of the batch as Euro 6 Daimler.
(30 May 2016, 9:32 am)idiot wrote I didn't mean other operators. I mean other type of businesses

Yes, I understand that, but my point is that it has been a common occurrence for a while in this industry specifically.
(30 May 2016, 8:54 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Have 4905 ,24,68,70 been withdrawn or will they return once the crickets over as there hasnt been much mention of them?

With Sunday services for 2 days, I don't think there's been any need for them.
(30 May 2016, 8:54 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Have 4905 ,24,68,70 been withdrawn or will they return once the crickets over as there hasnt been much mention of them?

They haven't been required for the past two days due to the PVR decrease. They may be kept if there are any shortages, but as it's the school holidays and scholars services don't operate, shortages shouldn't really be as big as they are during term time.
(31 May 2016, 8:46 am)streetlite5402 wrote Been informed by a Yardman at Chester-le-Street that the B10BLEs are due to be sent back to Saltmeadows Road today, as they're no longer required.
Ok thanks for letting us no
Best bus ever
(31 May 2016, 3:34 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Is 6024 a permanent vehicle at stanley, or a loan for shortages?

It is only temporary, covering for 3873 which was withdrawn due to its MOT expiring. It will be withdrawn when a suitable vehicle becomes available.