You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016
(26 May 2016, 8:09 am)MurdnunoC wrote Really? Thought this bus was going to be off the road for months due to a littany of supposed defects.

Even had the person who reported that driving too...
(26 May 2016, 8:09 am)MurdnunoC wrote Really? Thought this bus was going to be off the road for months due to a littany of supposed defects.

I don't think anyone mentioned months.
(25 May 2016, 4:12 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote On the lunch time BBC Look North there was a feature with an Arriva Frequenta Solo regarding the Dales Bus. Apparently a TV camera is going to track the journey of the Dales Bus for a TV programme to be shown later this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/mediacen...ountry-bus
(30 May 2016, 10:23 am)Jimmi wrote Was bad enough them not removing the ad frame on 1406, so it was inevitable that this would happen.

Didn't know it had USB charging points like the X75/X76 Omnicitys do.

Ads make money though. I'm not a fan of branded buses receiving them, but there'll be a contractual commitment to have x buses in a certain area displaying the agency's adverts.

Did you find it relevent to you, or do we need a thread about irrelevant bus ads too? Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 May 2016, 10:29 am)Adrian wrote Ads make money though. I'm not a fan of branded buses receiving them, but there'll be a contractual commitment to have x buses in a certain area displaying the agency's adverts.

Did you find it relevent to you, or do we need a thread about irrelevant bus ads too? Wink

My issue with this one is the crudely applied MAX logo over the frame, if the MAX logo hadn't been applied in this way, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

No I don't find this advert relevant to me! Think someone may have clicked a X on a Stagecoach in Hartlepool Dart the other day as the advert was hanging out the frame the wrong way up
(30 May 2016, 10:23 am)Jimmi wrote Was bad enough them not removing the ad frame on 1406, so it was inevitable that this would happen.
[Image: a6f871e4e9a27d3bc525daf04bc24ef3.jpg]

Didn't know it had USB charging points like the X75/X76 Omnicitys do.

Unbelievable!
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Darlingtons EcoCitys are being fitted with BridgeClear low bridge avoiding system. It is linked into the internal CCTV, with a GPS system built in giving locations of over 6,000 low bridges in the UK. Details at www.bridgeclear.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(31 May 2016, 2:54 pm)MrPottski wrote Don't know if it's been mentioned but Darlingtons EcoCitys are being fitted with BridgeClear low bridge avoiding system. It is linked into the internal CCTV, with a GPS system built in giving locations of over 6,000 low bridges in the UK. Details at www.bridgeclear.com

This is similar (if not the same!) to what GNE use I believe? It's quite a clever product.

Is there any reason why the EcoCitys are being fitted though? Are there any bridges *that* low?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(31 May 2016, 4:53 pm)Adrian wrote This is similar (if not the same!) to what GNE use I believe? It's quite a clever product.

Is there any reason why the EcoCitys are being fitted though? Are there any bridges *that* low?

Probs for the CNG tanks on the roof, incase drivers misjudge the height for a conventional bus
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(31 May 2016, 4:53 pm)Adrian wrote This is similar (if not the same!) to what GNE use I believe? It's quite a clever product.

We used Bridgeclear, but now it is all linked into the CCTV using Timespace's own product called BridgeAlert.  Like you say, it is a clever little product.

http://www.tspace.co.uk/timespace_bridge_alert.asp

I'm guessing it is linked to a recent incident where one got stuck under a low bridge in the Albert Hill area... I believe it was mentioned in the Northern Echo at the time?
(31 May 2016, 5:06 pm)tyresmoke wrote I'm guessing it is linked to a recent incident where one got stuck under a low bridge in the Albert Hill area... I believe it was mentioned in the Northern Echo at the time?

Correct. If you look at the CNG tank on the roof of 4807, you'll see it is somewhat "modified"