You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
(06 Jun 2016, 2:35 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 7515 has returned to service, with no damage reported.

Bet Ashington will be pleased,when I went to McDonald's this morning there didn't seem to be a spare bus in the depot, but about 5 inside the garage getting some attention.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm)cbma06 wrote It's illegal as the destination should be changed where the service starts from, can't have the X21 displayed and stopping at service 21 bus stops. Also it will confuse the passengers waiting for service 21 and letting the X21 go passed instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly the end of the world.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:59 pm)John_R wrote Arriva's "bus 4 life" health bus (Scania L113 - R423TJW) was in Darlington Market Place this morning.

Middlesbrough bus station today!
(06 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm)cbma06 wrote It's illegal as the destination should be changed where the service starts from, can't have the X21 displayed and stopping at service 21 bus stops. Also it will confuse the passengers waiting for service 21 and letting the X21 go passed instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to tell pretty much every bus driver that?

It's a common occurrence for drivers to change the destination in Portmeads on my local route, the 82A.
(06 Jun 2016, 3:09 pm)BusLoverMum wrote So it's theirs, is it? I often see it in Durham, though never look in, as I have no truck with any campaign that suggests giving pre-schoolers junk like low fat spreads. Some of the sponsors of the whole "Change 4 life" thing are interesting.

If the one you've seen in Durham is yellow, it's the one owned by the local NHS trust. Whereas Arriva's tours around the country to promote its cause mainly to Arriva staff.
Does the X93 stop at all stops between Whitby and Scarborough or only those that are shown in the online timetable ? as I was thinking about getting off at somewhere like Robin Hoods Bay Barriebarn instead of Thorpe Lane to give more time  to catch the return to Whitby
(09 Jun 2016, 9:21 am)Coppercap40 wrote Does the X93 stop at all stops between Whitby and Scarborough or only those that are shown in the online timetable ?

All stops from Scaling Dam to Scarborough.
Don't know if this is the right place to mention this but 1762 would appear to have a display that only works some of the time, saw it earlier and it was working fine but now it just has an orange dot in the corner of the display screen, still on it as writing but people have mentioned it to the driver, myself included so it mustn't be working right

EDIT: just got off it and all 3 displays are blank
(09 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm)OW1762 wrote Don't know if this is the right place to mention this but 1762 would appear to have a display that only works some of the time, saw it earlier and it was working fine but now it just has an orange dot in the corner of the display screen, still on it as writing but people have mentioned it to the driver, myself included so it mustn't be working right
Was like that when I saw it waiting to depart on the previous 61, think the bus had been switched off whilst it waited time in Durham which could maybe have something to do with it, not sure?
(09 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm)Jimmi wrote Was like that when I saw it waiting to depart on the previous 61, think the bus had been switched off whilst it waited time in Durham which could maybe have something to do with it, not sure?

Not sure,
I got on it at the 4th stop and the little computer in cab said the display was set to 62 Brasside so, this is confusing
(10 Jun 2016, 7:27 am)Sinky wrote Does the 19 still interwork with the 1/5/5A/12?AngelExclamation
Yes, but the 12 and 19 don't interwork with each other, this is how the interworking patterns work on the 1, 5, 5A,12 & 19:

1 Darlington - Bishop Auckland.
5/5A Bishop Auckland - Darlington.
12 Darlington Town Centre - Hurworth.
12 Hurworth - Middleton St George.
12 Middleton St George - Hurworth.
12 Hurworth - Darlington Town Centre.
1 Darlington - Bishop Auckland.
Journeys that arrive in Darlington Town Centre as service 5A go onto service 12 whilst journeys that arrive in Darlington as service 5 lay over for 15 minutes then do the 1 to Bishop Auckland instead of going onto service 12.

5/5A Darlington - Bishop Auckland.
1 Bishop Auckland - Darlington.
19 Darlington - West Park - Darlington.
5/5A Darlington - Bishop Auckland.
The 5/5A don't interwork, the interworking pattern is: 1/5/19 and 1/5A/19.

So basically, if you see something odd on a Darlington bound 5/5A, it interworks with the 12, if you see something odd on a Bishop Auckland bound 5/5A, it interworks with the 19.
(10 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm)David McGloin wrote That 15 branded pulsar likely be on its way to thorntons for frequenta repaint

It will have been 1485 on it's way to Thorntons, with 1491 being ready to return to Stockton.
Any idea why I'd see a Jesmond Decker (good name for a singer but this was 7490) following the GNE 93 through Bensham at about 4:20, this afternoon?
(10 Jun 2016, 8:52 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Any idea why I'd see a Jesmond Decker (good name for a singer) following the GNE 93 through Bensham at about 4:20, this afternoon?
Possibly on or had been on a Scholar's run.
(10 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)Jimmi wrote Possibly on or had been on a Scholar's run.

That's what I thought. Seems a bit out of the way, though. It was running OOS.
Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)Jimmi wrote Possibly on or had been on a Scholar's run.

Yes, Jesmond operate a scholars with B7 Geminis which gets to Victoria Road for around 1615.
(10 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote Yes, Jesmond operate a scholars with B7 Geminis which gets to Victoria Road for around 1615.

Bang on!
1491 is out on Bassleton Court 15s today for anyone on the area later. For anyone that sees it, try and spot the difference between it and 1494.....
(10 Jun 2016, 8:52 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Any idea why I'd see a Jesmond Decker (good name for a singer but this was 7490) following the GNE 93 through Bensham at about 4:20, this afternoon?

Big Grin No sign of the Israelites?
Serious question, is one board on Durham service 64 allocated a double decker? Just seems coincidental that there always seems to be a Lowlander on there most days and it always appears to be on the same board and said board includes a very busy run from the Arnison Centre on a afternoon, whilst a E200 often ends up on either the 56/86 or 57/57A. Have a feeling that the official allocation will be full E200 but it seems like the reality is one board seems to be a double decker.