Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
(15 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm)Michael wrote Tongue, my bad! Tongue

Least the Scania moving from Chester will replace 5167

Has 4972, 5217 gone for repaint yet?

I've been told 4930 and 4931 are to transfer across to Riverside first.
(15 Jun 2016, 4:13 pm)Michael wrote Thanks.

What other buses are due to go for repaint?

The two from Brighton.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Jun 2016, 4:17 pm)Adrian wrote The two from Brighton.

Expect for them, should of mentioned that! Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jun 2016, 4:18 pm)Michael wrote Expect for them, should of mentioned that! Tongue

The other handful from Brighton after that.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
A comment on Dan's photo of 6135 mentions that Brighton's 

601 - (GX03 SVF)
602 - (GX03 SVG)
603 - (GX03 SVJ)
605 - (GX03 SUA)
622 - (YN04 GJJ)

are now on their way up. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...647834135/ - comment here:

Richard Covey PRO
Ex B & H Omnideckers 601/602/603/605 and 622 are on their way as well
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
5299 is at Albany motors has next to no power
5303 is in the shed at saltmeadows
4970,1,5 are awaiting repaints
Issues with the 93?
Saw a Vxxx ETN Renown being followed by a branded Solar earlier. No idea which of the two was the running behind the most (both were late).
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
6014 doesn't sound good, Stanley's fleet is deteriorating!
Jamie M
Unregistered
(16 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm)Michael wrote Already in the upcoming changes thread.............
Many apologies, on tapatalk and only have notifacations in a few subforums.
(16 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm)Michael wrote Already in the upcoming changes thread.............

Don't see the problem with it being in here as well. It's the latest news as well as that.

Heard that one of the Waggonway Solars has received a fresh coat of paint, 4960 I think it was.
Site Administrator
(16 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm)streetlite5402 wrote Don't see the problem with it being in here as well. It's the latest news as well as that.

Heard that one of the Waggonway Solars has received a fresh coat of paint, 4960 I think it was.

4957 has had its bodywork tidied up this week while VOR for PSV test prep.
(16 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm)streetlite5402 wrote Don't see the problem with it being in here as well. It's the latest news as well as that.

If its in both that means we have 2 threads with the same info post in it and two conversations about it on 2 different threads.

Whats the point in having the upcoming changes thread, if we are just going to post in here to?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jun 2016, 6:14 pm)Jamie M wrote 6014 doesn't sound good, Stanley's fleet is deteriorating!

Absolutely correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's been a petition mate by someone in order to keep the 11/11A services... It's being shared about Facebook by both drivers and enthusiasts, so it seems both parties aren't too happy about it.

I'm not going too comment on the matter, as it doesn't effect me, but, there seems to be a lot of anger at the move!

(16 Jun 2016, 8:21 pm)LeeCalder wrote There's been a petition mate by someone in order to keep the 11/11A services... It's being shared about Facebook by both drivers and enthusiasts, so it seems both parties aren't too happy about it.

I'm not going too comment on the matter, as it doesn't effect me, but, there seems to be a lot of anger at the move!

Ye, the comments from passengers on the GNE Facebook page aren't good either....

Maybe they should of kept that 11 but ran it hourly and have the new 11 as a different number although, like you Lee, i don't live in the areas of the changes so can't really comment on them.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jun 2016, 8:21 pm)LeeCalder wrote There's been a petition mate by someone in order to keep the 11/11A services... It's being shared about Facebook by both drivers and enthusiasts, so it seems both parties aren't too happy about it.

I'm not educated on this topic, so what are the negatives of the change in service ?

(16 Jun 2016, 8:29 pm)1115743 wrote I'm not educated on this topic, so what are the negatives of the change in service ?

It is being withdrawn Wink

(16 Jun 2016, 8:30 pm)LeeCalder wrote It is being withdrawn Wink

Aaaaaaa that explains

(16 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm)Michael wrote Ye, the comments from passengers on the GNE Facebook page aren't good either....

Maybe they should of kept that 11 but ran it hourly and have the new 11 as a different number although, like you Lee, i don't live in the areas of the changes so can't really comment on them.

Agreed, one person actually offered to fight Go North East, I don't think that will go down too well.

To be fair I don't get why the couldn't just make the 10A half hourly considering it gets a 33 minute layover at Blackhall Mill anyway... so would be the same PVR I'd imagine?

The 11 never really gets busy between Newcastle and Blaydon that's the problem, and if they don't want to go via Metrocentre there is a 12 every 15 minutes from Blaydon which they can change onto.
Site Administrator
(16 Jun 2016, 8:34 pm)Tom wrote To be fair I don't get why the couldn't just make the 10A half hourly considering it gets a 33 minute layover at Blackhall Mill anyway... so would be the same PVR I'd imagine?

The 11 never really gets busy between Newcastle and Blaydon that's the problem, and if they don't want to go via Metrocentre there is a 12 every 15 minutes from Blaydon which they can change onto.

The portion between Greenside and Blackhall Mill is secured by Nexus, so it's down to them to decide the route and frequency of the service between these two locations.

As posted elsewhere on the forum, "the number of passengers using existing service 11 from Greenside to reach Newcastle Business Park has been very disappointing, at around just two per day."

The number of direct buses between Newcastle Business Park and Blaydon, Ryton and Crawcrook (10X) has therefore been reduced to better match the number of people travelling, at peak times only.

It is unfortunate that the direct link from Greenside will be broken, but the very low usage means that it is just not sustainable to continue providing this direct link.

During the day, connections can be made between frequent TEN buses and frequent Toonlink 12/12A buses.

Whilst a number of people have signed said petition, I often think this is due to the increasing use of Social Media. It takes minutes to share the petiton on Facebook, and seconds to sign it. Even if you don't use buses, you could sign it because one of your friends has shared it and asked you to sign it (in order to build up the numbers). It's really not a true reflection, and if all of these people were making use of the direct link between Blackhall Mill, Greenside, Crawcrook, and Ryton, the service (quite frankly) wouldn't be being withdrawn.
Site Administrator
(16 Jun 2016, 8:30 pm)LeeCalder wrote It is being withdrawn Wink

But, importantly, partly replaced too. You forgot that key detail, Lee!

As for your previous comment about drivers not being happy - I am guessing that you probably don't understand the politics behind it.

By what I can gather, the rota that these services are on at the moment will have a reduced amount of work allocated to it. The concern from drivers is that this has happened several times now, which to them would suggest that the rota will disappear completely in time. This would mean that they'd have to be allocated to a different rota - one with different (or a larger number of) services.
(17 Jun 2016, 4:45 am)Dan wrote But, importantly, partly replaced too. You forgot that key detail, Lee!

As for your previous comment about drivers not being happy - I am guessing that you probably don't understand the politics behind it.

By what I can gather, the rota that these services are on at the moment will have a reduced amount of work allocated to it. The concern from drivers is that this has happened several times now, which to them would suggest that the rota will disappear completely in time. This would mean that they'd have to be allocated to a different rota - one with different (or a larger number of) services.

I wouldn't say it has been replaced, I would say passengers have been suggested other services which follow or near enough follow the same route.

I would also suggest you are incorrect on the second point, five of the seven or so drivers I have seen sharing it I know all live on or close to the route of the 11, and understand the people need to use it....

Maybe if the service hadn't been complicated last year, it would have stood a chance. But, that's just my opinion.
(17 Jun 2016, 9:44 am)LeeCalder wrote I wouldn't say it has been replaced, I would say passengers have been suggested other services which follow or near enough follow the same route.

I would also suggest you are incorrect on the second point, five of the seven or so drivers I have seen sharing it I know all live on or close to the route of the 11, and understand the people need to use it....

Maybe if the service hadn't been complicated last year, it would have stood a chance. But, that's just my opinion.

From a passenger point of view, the service wasn't that complicated. The only thing remotely complicated was that passengers alighted on Grainger Street or Market Street in Newcastle, but boarded at Eldon Square as per usual. Every other part of the route, aside from swapping the routes of the  10A and 11 around at the Folly, is/was pretty straight forward.
samwise
Unregistered
As a regular user of the 11 I will be very sad to see the service go. 

I will always go out for the 11 over a 10 as the service seems to be more reliable than a 10. For me the main advantage of the 11 was that it was quick! Leave Blaydon on time then belt it to Newcastle along Scotswood Road with the change of it missing out the Business Park I was able to do my journey in 25 minutes! I liked the route into Newcastle City Centre no waiting for all the taxis and pedestrians on Newgate Street or queuing to get into Eldon Square. The stop on Grainger Street was more convenient for changing onto the Metro at Monument. 

The fact I had a choice of a bus that doesn't serve the MetroCentre will also be missed. Apart the terrible congestion on Saturdays it's great to get on a bus that doesn't pick up all the charvers. 

I miss the Omnicities but part of the 11 was the attraction of not getting on the same old Ten B9s. The dual door B10BLEs are passed it but sometimes you can get a Versa or a Citaro. 

The peak time extras- not sure if we are losing more of these? The previous Bendy and now X66 Streetlite journeys always well loaded and the evening extras were the ones I will try and catch home as these runs have OmniDekkas and Vykings.

As much as I would like a faster, reliable, direct bus service to Newcastle I'm sure I will be able to live with the increased journey times and the loss of 2 buses an hour on the corridor. 

Still a good service from the days of 602 / 604 and these changes are like the old 610 route.