You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
(11 Jun 2016, 8:11 am)Kuyoyo wrote 1491 is out on Bassleton Court 15s today for anyone on the area later. For anyone that sees it, try and spot the difference between it and 1494.....
I've spotted the difference, the headlight surrounds have been painted on 1491 whilst they are haven't on 1494.
(11 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm)Jimmi wrote I've spotted the difference, the headlight surrounds have been painted on 1491 whilst they are haven't on 1494.

While the Wright Logo has been painted on 1494 but hasn't on 1491
(11 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote While the Wright Logo has been painted on 1494 but hasn't on 1491

The first of the "Directors Cut" branded vehicles went off for repaint next with 1485 replacing 1491 in the paintshop
sorry to ask but dose anyone know where i can find things about the old arriva from 1999 till 2005 like bus times and fleet info

thank you
JMoss
(21 Jun 2016, 6:36 am)jaimzm wrote sorry to ask but dose anyone know where i can find things about the old arriva from 1999 till 2005 like bus times and fleet info

thank you

There's a lot of old Arriva timetables etc.... In the by gone era on the site, the by gone era section is getting a make over at present, but hopefully that section will be up and running very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(21 Jun 2016, 7:20 am)cbma06 wrote There's a lot of old Arriva timetables etc.... In the by gone era on the site, the by gone era section is getting a make over at present, but hopefully that section will be up and running very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah right I did not no that thank you very much
JMoss
1592/3 now have next stop announcements & screens for the X1. Only problem is that some stops have a different announcement to what is shown on the screen. E.g. Faverdale Grange/John Fowler Way. Whilst another stop was shown on the screen but not announced.
Site Administrator
(25 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm)John_R wrote 1592/3 now have next stop announcements & screens for the X1. Only problem is that some stops have a different announcement to what is shown on the screen. E.g. Faverdale Grange/John Fowler Way. Whilst another stop was shown on the screen but not announced.

All of the Streetlites at Darlington should have them now, as well as the spare Pulsar.

Believe a few more Temsa Avenues and Pulsars at Redcar have had the systems installed too. The Pulsars should be getting them as and when they return from refurbishment (screen fitted during refurb at Thorntons).
(25 Jun 2016, 2:52 pm)Dan wrote All of the Streetlites at Darlington should have them now, as well as the spare Pulsar.

Believe a few more Temsa Avenues and Pulsars at Redcar have had the systems installed too. The Pulsars should be getting them as and when they return from refurbishment (screen fitted during refurb at Thorntons).

Was on 1593 back to Crook the other day. The NSA were all over the place.  It was saying some , missing some, saying wrong stop names and after passing stops it was anouncing them
Site Administrator
(25 Jun 2016, 4:28 pm)pdiddy wrote Was on 1593 back to Crook the other day. The NSA were all over the place.  It was saying some , missing some, saying wrong stop names and after passing stops it was anouncing them

At least some of the buses in the Bishop Auckland area have announcements which work spot on! Wink
#castlesX21

Arriva need to invest in some talent to build the Next Stop Announcement programmes! Tongue
(25 Jun 2016, 4:28 pm)pdiddy wrote Was on 1593 back to Crook the other day. The NSA were all over the place.  It was saying some , missing some, saying wrong stop names and after passing stops it was anouncing them
All the next stop announcements Arriva have done recently (21/X21 and X26/X27, X66/X67) sound like you are describing. X26 may need to have its announcements updated for the Evening and Sunday journeys and the X67 now runs via Lingfield Point at peak times.

I also wish they would update the Sapphire 7 announcements, I keep seeing people staying at The Eden Arms pressing the bell too early on Darlington bound journeys and are having to get off at the new stop which was added after the announcements were originally done. 5/5A need doing as it now no longer stops at Lyons Tetley and now stops on Long Tens Way outside Hitachi
(25 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm)Dan wrote At least some of the buses in the Bishop Auckland area have announcements which work spot on! Wink
#castlesX21

Arriva need to invest in some talent to build the Next Stop Announcement programmes! Tongue

That's it I believe you are right, they don't have anyone dedicated to just that. I know that they have been working on the Teesside ones recently, I caught a 5 in Guisborough which has had some work and they are pretty much a spot on.

The issue I guess is that whoever is doing them, is doing them in spare time after the normal day job?
Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2016, 6:56 am)RobinHood wrote That's it I believe you are right, they don't have anyone dedicated to just that. I know that they have been working on the Teesside ones recently, I caught a 5 in Guisborough which has had some work and they are pretty much a spot on.

The issue I guess is that whoever is doing them, is doing them in spare time after the normal day job?

I don't think any company in the North East offers this technology to such an extent to warrant a full-time job of its own, but it won't be too long before it does.

Managing 'new bus technology' such as the facilitation of on-bus free customer Wi-Fi and 'Next Stop' audio-visual announcements is a growing job, with the number of vehicles offering either, or both, of these features, increasing year on year.

I have suggested on many occasions in the past that it appears that Arriva's Next Stop Announcements aren't fully tested before being rolled out onto the buses. Actually going around the route as if you were in service is a crucial part of the process, as that is where mistakes are identified and amendments can be made, prior to the media being publicly launched. Having an employee dipping in and out of the system as and when they have some spare time is probably why no testing appears to take place - it's a good few hours out of the office.
I noticed that 1412 had an NSA screen fitted, when I used it yesterday. Does anyone know how long this has been the case?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
does anyone have any idea if the rumoured transfer of optare tempos from Arriva Yorkshire to the north east is still planned to go ahead
(26 Jun 2016, 11:15 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote How many alx200s remain in service at whitby and red car

Three. One withdrawn in the yard at Redcar, one gone to Yorkshire Tiger.
(28 Jun 2016, 2:28 pm)Designline wrote are 1401/2/3 staying at blyth or are they moving elsewhere?

I believe staying at Blyth as spares but 1402 and 1403 need debranded
(28 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Just passed 1411 standing in nb layby at clifton.  engine cover open and driver in attendance

It must've failed on the X16