Menu

Pages (7)    1 2 37   
Michael   01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm
(01 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm)Tom wrote Bloody hell what a performance by Wales!

It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

A moderator might as well merge the Euro 2016 thread with this one.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   01 Jul 2016, 8:52 pm
(01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm)Michael wrote It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

A moderator might as well merge the Euro 2016 thread with this one.

Yeah that just shows how crap we were
Andreos1   02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm
After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:
"Is it a risk to let Hatem Ben Arfa go? Not in my opinion."
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Adrian   02 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm
(02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

I'll give him a season there.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   02 Jul 2016, 4:03 pm
Everyone says it was Padrews fault but his attitude was a disgrace. Maybe sending him to Hull was the wake up call he needed!!
Michael   03 Jul 2016, 10:24 am
Couple of Premier League signings today:

BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal agree deal to sign Japan forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima.

The 21-year-old made his full international debut for Japan in August 2015 and has gained five caps.

During his time with Takuma Asano he made 56 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

---------

FOXES SIGN MENDEY

Premier League champions Leicester City have announced their third signing of the summer, signing Nampalys Mendy from OGC Nice on a four-year deal.

The central midfieler worked with manager Claudio Ranieri at AS Monaco and helped the club to promotion during the 2012/13 season.
View image on Twitter

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm
In other news

Darlington are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for 2 high profile friendlies this month.

I would urge football fans in the area to get along if they can, whether your Darlo, Newcastle, Sunderland, even if your neutral...

Newcastle and Sunderland have indicated they will send strong teams for the games...

I just hope it does not turn out like the last time we played Newcastle at the Arena when Newcastle fans caused trouble ?

Darlington making return to Northern Echo Arena for friendlies against Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI

Northern Echo wroteDarlington Football Club are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for two friendlies against Sunderland and Newcastle as they prepare for the new season.

The games will be Darlington's first in their home town for some time after playing their home matches at Heritage Park, in Bishop Auckland, for four years.

Both Sunderland and Newcastle will be playing a select 11 from various squads but have indicated they will be fielding "strong teams".

The Quakers will play a Newcastle United X1 on Saturday, July 16 (3pm kick off), and then a Sunderland XI on Tuesday, July 19 (7.30pm kick off) at The Northern Echo Arena, now home to Darlington Mowden Park RFC.

John Tempest, Director of Darlington FC commented; ‘‘We’re delighted to have secured both Newcastle and Sunderland who will form a key part of our preparations for the new season and our fundraising initiative. We welcome old and new fans in what will be our first game back in the town. We’ve worked closely with the Northern Echo Arena staff, to whom we’re very grateful, to attract the fixtures that we hope will showcase both the club and the town.’’

Lee Rust, Managing Director of Darlington Mowden Park, said; ‘’Following the success of events such as the Premiership Rugby 7’s, the All Blacks and the Internationals, our facility team has continued to work hard in establishing the Arena as a venue for high profile sport. We’re pleased to be providing a platform to welcome all three sides in July and we’re hopeful to soon announce another significant sporting fixture for this summer.’’

Tickets for both games will be priced at £10 Adults and £6 Concessions (U16, Over 65, Armed Forces and Students). A combined ticket can be bought in advance for £15 Adults and £10 Concession.

Tickets can be bought from Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre and at The Northern Echo Arena from Friday 8th July. Due to an expected high demand supporters are advised to purchase well in advance.

On-site parking at The Northern Echo Arena will be limited and on a first come first serve basis. Parking permits are priced at £2.

Corporate Box, Hospitality and Match Sponsorship packages are available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Adrian   03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm
(03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm)MrFozz wrote In other news

Darlington are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for 2 high profile friendlies this month.

I would urge football fans in the area to get along if they can, whether your Darlo, Newcastle, Sunderland, even if your neutral...

Newcastle and Sunderland have indicated they will send strong teams for the games...

I just hope it does not turn out like the last time we played Newcastle at the Arena when Newcastle fans caused trouble ?

Darlington making return to Northern Echo Arena for friendlies against Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI

The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   03 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm
(03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm)Adrian wrote The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink
Don't use language like that around me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I thought all football chairmen were liars, crooks and cheats, then George Reynolds came along [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

The House that Georgie...The Georgie Dome...Estadio Del Georgie...Take your pick or simplym..The White Elephant...

Take your pick 😀

Michael   04 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm
Sunderland AFC defender Santiago Vergini has joined Argentinian side Club Atletico Boca Juniors in a permanent move, for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...ni-departs

----------------

Sunderland AFC goalkeeper Vito Mannone has agreed a new contract with the Black Cats.

The Italian shot-stopper has penned a new two-year deal, keeping him on Wearside until 2018.  

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...s-new-deal

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
LeeCalder   05 Jul 2016, 10:11 am
For those interested......

Gateshead kick off their Pre Season schedule against Northern League opponents Dunston UTS this evening at the UTS Stadium.

Kick off is at 1930, and admission is £2 Concessions and £4 Adults.
Michael   07 Jul 2016, 5:36 pm
Club capture experienced goalkeeper....
Middlesbrough have completed the signing of World Cup winning goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

Valdes, who has signed a two-year contract with the club, becomes the fifth signing of the summer, following Viktor Fischer, Bernardo Espinosa, Marten de Roon, and young central defender Jordan McGhee into the club.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/m...73509.aspx

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   07 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm
(07 Jul 2016, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Club capture experienced goalkeeper....
Middlesbrough have completed the signing of World Cup winning goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

Valdes, who has signed a two-year contract with the club, becomes the fifth signing of the summer, following Viktor Fischer, Bernardo Espinosa, Marten de Roon, and young central defender Jordan McGhee into the club.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/m...73509.aspx
What a signing for the smogs

MrFozz   19 Jul 2016, 12:16 pm
Steve Bruce in England Talks

http://www.skysports.com/share/10505915

MrFozz   20 Jul 2016, 12:12 am
Good win for Darlo tonight, beating SAFC Stiffs 2-0 [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

MrFozz   20 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm
Sam Allardyce named England manager...

Could not be arsed the quoting the report so I screenshotted it

[Image: 489e36f4f1393ded3c4342f0101873ee.jpg]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   20 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm
Whats peoples thoughts for Sunderland Job...My choices would be either/or

David Moyes, Ryan Giggs, Roberto Martinez, Harry Redknapp or Manuel Pellegrini

Some outsiders Marco Van Basten or Jurgen Klinsmann

Michael   20 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm
(20 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm)MrFozz wrote Whats peoples thoughts for Sunderland Job...My choices would be either/or

David Moyes, Ryan Giggs, Roberto Martinez, Harry Redknapp or Manuel Pellegrini

Some outsiders Marco Van Basten or Jurgen Klinsmann

I'm gutted Sam is going but to me he's the right choice.

Rumours going around Moyes will be appointed in the next 48 hours... i hope so, we need someone with premier league experience

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   21 Jul 2016, 7:58 am
Statistically, Sunderland are getting a better manager than the one they are losing.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-07-21-08-55-12.png (Size 813.68 KB Downloads 13)

Michael   21 Jul 2016, 8:00 am
From Sky sources...

BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources: Newcastle accept bid in region of £25m from Liverpool for Georginio Wijnaldum. #SSNHQ

Sky is normally right about stuff like this.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   21 Jul 2016, 8:04 am
(21 Jul 2016, 7:58 am)Andreos1 wrote Statistically, Sunderland are getting a better manager than the one they are losing.

Lets hope haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   21 Jul 2016, 8:17 am
(21 Jul 2016, 8:04 am)Michael wrote Lets hope haha

People were raving about Allardyce and his management skills last season, saying it is one of the reasons he got the England job.
Whilst his motivational skills may be up there, I'm not convinced about his tactical nous.

He didn't improve his win percentage in the 30 Prem League games he was in charge of Sunderland (it was 33% when he arrived) and based on that original percentage, relegation was always going to be close - unless he turned things around drastically.
In the end, he only won 9 out of 30 games - a lower percentage than he averaged throughout his career.
I think it was only the problems at Villa and the likes of Steve McClaren at Newcastle that kept Sunderland up.

Assuming Allardyce maintains his average win percentage whilst in charge of England, we won't be at the next World Cup.

MrFozz   21 Jul 2016, 2:26 pm
(21 Jul 2016, 8:17 am)Andreos1 wrote People were raving about Allardyce and his management skills last season, saying it is one of the reasons he got the England job.
Whilst his motivational skills may be up there, I'm not convinced about his tactical nous.

He didn't improve his win percentage in the 30 Prem League games he was in charge of Sunderland (it was 33% when he arrived) and based on that original percentage, relegation was always going to be close - unless he turned things around drastically.
In the end, he only won 9 out of 30 games - a lower percentage than he averaged throughout his career.
I think it was only the problems at Villa and the likes of Steve McClaren at Newcastle that kept Sunderland up.

Assuming Allardyce maintains his average win percentage whilst in charge of England, we won't be at the next World Cup.
I agree with you there mate...

I think the England job has now become a poisoned chalice and honestly don't know anyone who could do the job.

As for Sunderland, Moyes is probably the best of a bad bunch, his record at Everton was good, he could sniff out a decent player on the cheap and kept Everton as a top mid-table side and banging on the European Places doors for years.

Although his stats show he is just behind Moyes, I reckon Harry Redknapp would do a good job at Sunderland, Roberto Martinez I am unsure about, he could not cut it at Everton in the end, someone like Pellegrini would probably want to be backed with Shorts Chequebook.

Another option would be a bit of a risk, but go for Ryan Giggs, I know he is untested at the top level, but pair him up with someone like Kevin Ball and a good coaching team and it could just work.

Alternatively Me and Andreos would do a hell of a job, under my regime, there would be lots of shits in peoples pants when we tell them what we may think of them [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Tom   22 Jul 2016, 6:32 pm
Steve Bruce gone from Hull, wonder if he'll go to Sunderland?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   22 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm
(22 Jul 2016, 6:32 pm)Tom wrote Steve Bruce gone from Hull, wonder if he'll go to Sunderland?

Bloody hope not, he was crap before!

------------------

Liverpool have signed Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...-newcastle

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   22 Jul 2016, 6:34 pm
(22 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm)Michael wrote Bloody hope not, he was crap before!

I wouldn't want him either
MurdnunoC   22 Jul 2016, 6:42 pm
(22 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm)Michael wrote Liverpool have signed Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...-newcastle

Good riddance. Nice little profit as well on an underwhelming underachiever.
Andreos1   22 Jul 2016, 11:13 pm
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865814

Stagecoach seat covers inspire football strip design

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Jul 2016, 9:12 am
Sunderland AFC confirms the appointment of David Moyes as its new manager.

Moyes, 53, has signed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...-appointed

I'm happy with this.

(22 Jul 2016, 11:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865814

Stagecoach seat covers inspire football strip design

That's worse than Newcastle's yellow away kit

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   27 Jul 2016, 1:20 pm
Laws of the game changes ahead of the 2016/17 Premier League season

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...gue-season

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (7)    1 2 37