Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
9 - Is actually a brilliant idea! - The service is always busy on that section of the route, there is generally a full load leaving Jarrow bound for Sunderland! The service is poorly used from North Shields to Jarrow, though!

26 - Not sure to be honest, as I never use the route. It will provide a new number of links, but does it really need to be extended to Doxford International? I don't think so!

36/36A - Generally, very poor passenger numbers! The 36A is always busier, I've only ever saw the 36 leave Sunderland with three passengers!

X3/X36 - I disagree with the fact the X3 is busier than the X36. They both have equal loads in my opinion. The only problem with withdrawing the X3 would be the Boldon ASDA-Sunderland section of the route, however this will be covered by the 9! The X36 should be busier if the withdrawal of the of the 36/36A! Both the X3 and X36 are busy Newcastle-East Boldon!
(23 Oct 2013, 6:12 pm)Tom wrote 9 - Is actually a brilliant idea! - The service is always busy on that section of the route, there is generally a full load leaving Jarrow bound for Sunderland! The service is poorly used from North Shields to Jarrow, though!

26 - Not sure to be honest, as I never use the route. It will provide a new number of links, but does it really need to be extended to Doxford International? I don't think so!

36/36A - Generally, very poor passenger numbers! The 36A is always busier, I've only ever saw the 36 leave Sunderland with three passengers!

X3/X36 - I disagree with the fact the X3 is busier than the X36. They both have equal loads in my opinion. The only problem with withdrawing the X3 would be the Boldon ASDA-Sunderland section of the route, however this will be covered by the 9! The X36 should be busier if the withdrawal of the of the 36/36A! Both the X3 and X36 are busy Newcastle-East Boldon!

The 26 route is alight but not many people use it after Boldon ASDA so i think Stopping it here would be a good idea, i think the route could work.

Ye the 36A is always the busiest of both.

I rarely use the X3/X36 so can't really comment but iv'e being on both and the numbers can vary each time iv'e used them.

They doing this and bet in 6 month's time their will be more changes because GNE can never get North Sunderland right...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(23 Oct 2013, 6:55 pm)Liam wrote Or 529/30/31 could be withdrawn and Peterlee can gain newer MPDs from Venture.

Wonder if people have forgotten about this post, Liam? :p
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Speaking of the branding aspect, I don't see why the South Tyne Cadets are getting branded Northern? Why drop the WSS brand? The Cadets need rebranding so why not repaint them into WSS livery? And keep the brand going? The M2/M3 have a PVR of 8, this warrants branding surely? Also, if proposed 26/9/X36 go ahead then I think these deserve branding also with the possible exception of X36.
(23 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Speaking of the branding aspect, I don't see why the South Tyne Cadets are getting branded Northern? Why drop the WSS brand? The Cadets need rebranding so why not repaint them into WSS livery? And keep the brand going? The M2/M3 have a PVR of 8, this warrants branding surely? Also, if proposed 26/9/X36 go ahead then I think these deserve branding also with the possible exception of X36.

Wonder if they would considering putting the 26 and 39 under the Doxford Clipper brand.... Only problem is that it would have a combined PVR of: 19? (have i worked that out right)?

Probley's won't happen but what does everyone think?

Someone posted that 1 Streetlite was at Heysham Docks, has that arrived at saltmeadows yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Speaking of the branding aspect, I don't see why the South Tyne Cadets are getting branded Northern? Why drop the WSS brand? The Cadets need rebranding so why not repaint them into WSS livery? And keep the brand going? The M2/M3 have a PVR of 8, this warrants branding surely? Also, if proposed 26/9/X36 go ahead then I think these deserve branding also with the possible exception of X36.

I wonder if GNE will take the "M" off the M2 and M3 like what there did with the M1 changed to 4, if there call the M2 as a 2 then it might confuse passengers with the 2A and 2C.

They could do but they could change it to:

M2 - 62
M3 - 63
W5 - 75
W6- 76

or they could go in to the 100's.

M2 - 101
M3 - 102
W5 - 103
W6- 104

it's only a suggestion, i know it won't happen.. Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm)Michael wrote They could do but they could change it to:

M2 - 62
M3 - 63
W5 - 75
W6- 76

or they could go in to the 100's.

M2 - 101
M3 - 102
W5 - 103
W6- 104

it's only a suggestion, i know it won't happen.. Tongue

M2 -2
M2A - 2A
M3 - 3
M1 - 4
W5 - 5
W6 - 6
2C - 7
2A - 7A
8 - 8

Current service 5 numbered 86
Current service 88A numbered 87
Current service 88 stay as 88
(23 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm)Michael wrote Someone posted that 1 Streetlite was at Heysham Docks, has that arrived at saltmeadows yet?

From looking at the posts on here and GNE fleet news on Simplygo,com and checking it against my personal fleetlist, all the Drifter Examples should be here.

And are as follows

5369 - NL63 XAZ
5370 - NL63 XBA
5371 - NL63 XBB
5372 - NL63 XBC
5373 - NL63 XBD
5374 - NL63 XBE
5375 - NL63 XBF
5376 - NL63 XBG

5373 is the one I think was Unidentified sitting in the back of Saltmeadows Last Week. As for the Saltwell Parks I haven't seen anything posted about there Arrival at Saltmeadows yet.
(23 Oct 2013, 7:54 pm)benwell3031 wrote M2 -2
M2A - 2A
M3 - 3
M1 - 4
W5 - 5
W6 - 6
2C - 7
2A - 7A
8 - 8

Current service 5 numbered 86
Current service 88A numbered 87
Current service 88 stay as 88

I think they be Numbered 4A/4B and have tied into the "4Connections" Brand like they were when the "Metrolink" Brand first started.
Site Administrator
(23 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote From looking at the posts on here and GNE fleet news on Simplygo,com and checking it against my personal fleetlist, all the Drifter Examples should be here.

And are as follows

5369 - NL63 XAZ
5370 - NL63 XBA
5371 - NL63 XBB
5372 - NL63 XBC
5373 - NL63 XBD
5374 - NL63 XBE
5375 - NL63 XBF
5376 - NL63 XBG

5373 is the one I think was Unidentified sitting in the back of Saltmeadows Last Week. As for the Saltwell Parks I haven't seen anything posted about there Arrival at Saltmeadows yet.

I believe it was the one that arrived this morning at 08:15am actually. A similar delivery time is expected tomorrow, for the first Saltwell Park.
(23 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote From looking at the posts on here and GNE fleet news on Simplygo,com and checking it against my personal fleetlist, all the Drifter Examples should be here.

And are as follows

5369 - NL63 XAZ
5370 - NL63 XBA
5371 - NL63 XBB
5372 - NL63 XBC
5373 - NL63 XBD
5374 - NL63 XBE
5375 - NL63 XBF
5376 - NL63 XBG

Thank's =D, shame they not out till November, iv'e never being on one yet so its 1 to get off my list... lol
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Oct 2013, 8:25 pm)Dan wrote I believe it was the one that arrived this morning at 08:15am actually. A similar delivery time is expected tomorrow, for the first Saltwell Park.

Interesting, On Simplygo,com 5369-5374 are all noted to have arrived, yet they've missed 5375-5376 off which both arrived last week.

http://www.simplygo.com/enthusiast-area/

So GNE must updated this pretty quickly if 5373 only arrived this morning, but why miss off 5375/76 ... I'm Confused. Think we need skim back through the posts find which one was Unidentified Daniel.
I'd brand the M2 as the 22 and 22A (preferably 23 but that dinky Nexusbus has that one)
(23 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm)Liam wrote Wed 16th:
5369 - NL63 XAZ
5370 - NL63 XBA
5371 - NL63 XBB

Fri 18th:
5372 - NL63 XBC
5374 - NL63 XBE
5375 - NL63 XBF

Mon 21st:
5376 - NL63 XBG

Wed 23rd:
5373 - NL63 XBD

Cheers Liam, God knows which one it was then, I give up as i'm tired.
(23 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm)gtomlinson wrote I'd brand the M2 as the 22 and 22A (preferably 23 but that dinky Nexusbus has that one)

I personally think parts of Service 23's route is a farce. It serves places where the roads are narrow and where there aren't any bus stops, e.g. Springwell Heugh Hill. I know the service gets decent loadings at times when I have seen it but I think it could be routed better than it currently is.

As for service numbers I think this is becoming a total farce now as well and I think GNE should think about renumbering every service again. Its daft having service numbers such as 2A/2C, 35/35A/35B/35C, X1A, M2A etc. I think 3 digit service numbers should be brought back as it would be much less confusing for passengers. I would also drop branding other than a maximum of 2 or 3 per depot/area, with maybe a maximum of 5 per big depot/area.
Agree on the 23. It's a glorified taxi bus. The half hourly frequency short workings from Barley Mow to Birtley Crematorium are laughably wasteful

I remember GNE saying A and confused customers which is why they axed 21A/B
(23 Oct 2013, 5:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote Saltmeadows is not changing. Stores, Body Shop and the Low Cost Unit all remain as they are now.

Forgive my ignorance, but what defines a low cost unit? I've heard the reference a couple of times, but don't really know what it entails.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(23 Oct 2013, 10:30 pm)gtomlinson wrote I remember GNE saying A and confused customers which is why they axed 21A/B

I remember them coming up with that line too.

They then had the short 21 to Waldridge and the 21 onto Durham, that caused even more confusion!
Wasn't long after that masterstroke, they came up with other services with letter suffixes - such as the 35's and 49's.

It appears having a service, going to two completely different destinations but having the same number confused people too!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
The first two Streetlites for Saltwell Park 53/54 have arrived. These are said to be in a mint green base livery, and the vinyls will also differ to the ones currently used.
They are registered as follows:
- NL63 XBM
- NL63 XBH

I believe Liam has a photo to share shortly.
Another #nebexclusive for you all! Wink
(24 Oct 2013, 9:03 am)Dan wrote The first two Streetlites for Saltwell Park 53/54 have arrived. These are said to be in a mint green base livery, and the vinyls will also differ to the ones currently used.
They are registered as follows:
- NL63 XBM
- NL63 XBH

I believe Liam has a photo to share shortly.
Another #nebexclusive for you all! Wink

Least they staying Greenish.. lets hope its a decent brand.. lol

Has any of the Drifter ones being branded yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(24 Oct 2013, 9:04 am)Michael wrote Least they staying Greenish.. lets hope its a decent brand.. lol

Has any of the Drifter ones being branded yet?

I've been told it looks quite good on paper. Not as big a change as the Drifter livery, that's for sure.

Not to my knowledge.

For anyone wanting photos of recently repainted 4966, it is on Loop duties today.
(24 Oct 2013, 9:13 am)Dan wrote I've been told it looks quite good on paper. Not as big a change as the Drifter livery, that's for sure.

Not to my knowledge.

For anyone wanting photos of recently repainted 4966, it is on Loop duties today.

Cheer's, Can't wait to see the new Drifter Livery
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Reading this week's Bus and Coach and theirs a little bit on the New Citaro's for Washington.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Oct 2013, 9:03 am)Michael wrote Does anyone know if i can go to Dalton Park with my Network one pass (all zones)?

Dalton Park is in County Durham, so its outside of Tyne and Wear, you can use the network one pass only to the Tyne and Wear boundry

(24 Oct 2013, 10:07 am)Michael wrote I'm sorry but that is a horrible colour.

same here, hope it gets a lot of branded stickers fixed on them.