You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
What bus will operate the New 10X service from tomorrow. I know the morning 11a used to be operated by a Red corporate Solar and a Metrocentre X66 liveried Streetlite. 

Also why was the number: 11 chosen for the new Blue Arrow 11, could not of been allocated a different route number?
Site Administrator
(24 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm)thetravelman wrote What bus will operate the New 10X service from tomorrow. I know the morning 11a used to be operated by a Red corporate Solar and a Metrocentre X66 liveried Streetlite. 

Also why was the number: 11 chosen for the new Blue Arrow 11, could not of been allocated a different route number?

0704 #10X (Prudhoe - Newcastle) - X66 Streetlite
0708 #10X (Hexham - Newcastle) - TEN Volvo B9TL
0716 #10X (Prudhoe - Newcastle) - GNE Red Volvo B7TL
1652 #10X (Newcastle - Prudhoe) - GNE Red Volvo B7TL
1722 #10X (Newcastle - Hexham) - TEN Volvo B9TL

I think it makes sense numbering the new Blue Arrow as 11, as it's a (marginally) faster version of the 1 service, between Wallsend and Gateshead.
(24 Jul 2016, 2:35 pm)Dan wrote 0704 #10X (Prudhoe - Newcastle) - X66 Streetlite
0708 #10X (Hexham - Newcastle) - TEN Volvo B9TL
0716 #10X (Prudhoe - Newcastle) - GNE Red Volvo B7TL
1652 #10X (Newcastle - Prudhoe) - GNE Red Volvo B7TL
1722 #10X (Newcastle - Hexham) - TEN Volvo B9TL

I think it makes sense numbering the new Blue Arrow as 11, as it's a (marginally) faster version of the 1 service, between Wallsend and Gateshead.

Ah right, cheers Dan
Got an email from "Go North East" this morning:

A bus donated by Go North East to St Oswald’s Hospice is set to be on the road very soon – raking in much-needed funds for the charity.

Go North East recently gave a double decker to the regional charity and St Oswald’s appealed to the public for ideas of how it could be used to raise money.

Taking everyone's ideas on board, they have decided to turn the vehicle into a mobile shop, information bureau and even a Santa’s grotto at Christmas.

Work to take out all the seats and refit the bus is underway.

The bus will be given new livery on the exterior to create brand awareness for the charity and its services.

Andrew Moir, head of retail at St Oswald’s said: “We’re currently working with local design companies to look at how the bus could be kitted out.

“For us it means we can take St Oswald’s to different areas in the North East that might not necessarily have a shop, or where people might not have heard of us.

“It means we can engage with a lot more people in the community.”

The hospice has been caring for children, young people and adults with incurable conditions in Tyne and Wear for 30 years. They help manage their symptoms and give support to help people do the things that are important to them.

Stephen King, head of marketing and retail at Go North East, said: “St Oswald’s does incredible work in our region and we were more than happy to help them boost their fundraising efforts.”

Speaking about what it means to St Oswald’s, Andrew Moir added: “Without Go North East this opportunity would not have arisen. We couldn’t have used hospice funds to buy a bus – it would have just stayed as an idea. It’s a fantastic gesture and we are very thankful.”

The charity is hoping to raise extra awareness by taking the bus to various festivals in the region.

They are also hoping local councils will get involved too.

Fleet number is: 6034 (V334 LGC)
.jpg 6034.jpg
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2016, 8:05 am)S813 FVK wrote The bus was 6040?

Not according to the bus on the photo Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2016, 8:13 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote It was 6041 as 6034 was in service earlier

I noticed that I put 6040 instead of 6041 - I was in the middle of correcting the post when you posted.
What's all Percy mains b10s ment to be allocated to I'm currently on 4917 on the 9 & when will they be gone ?
(25 Jul 2016, 10:13 am)Ryan99 wrote What's all Percy mains b10s ment to be allocated to I'm currently on 4917 on the 9 & when will they be gone ?

So far I have saw the deptford ones 3979/81
Percy main 4917,5249,4912 , 5248
Driver Recruitment Day in Newcastle – 7 August

We will soon be holding a Driver Recruitment Day at Westgate Road Community College in Newcastle.

Newcastle Westgate Road Community College - 10am until 2pm on Sunday 7 August
We will be located at the back of the Community College

http://www.simplygo.com/news/driver-recr...e-7-august
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
RE: The Go North East website
(25 Jul 2016, 8:48 am)Michael wrote None of the new contracted services have appeared on the website yet.....

I wonder if, with the services being contracted, GNE are letting Nexus themselves advertise the changes to those services? Doesn't harm to put the changes on their own website, though.

I may be going completely bonkers there but that is the only real reason that I can think of.
(25 Jul 2016, 2:15 pm)NK53 TKT wrote The 33 today I was on was 33 minutes late with 547

How do you know it wasn't just three minutes late?
(25 Jul 2016, 2:15 pm)NK53 TKT wrote The 33 today I was on was 33 minutes late with 547

Must have known you were going for it, I reckon he did it on purpose!
Site Administrator
(23 Jul 2016, 6:53 am)Dan wrote Hope this clarifies a few things! I will get round to updating the fleet lists/news at some point. Smile

Fleet lists/news have been updated. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything!
(25 Jul 2016, 6:50 pm)Dan wrote Fleet lists/news have been updated. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything!

I read all of it, but I have to say that 4909 didn't last long at Washington!
(25 Jul 2016, 8:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote More adventurous than us. We had littl'un, so stuck with Gateshead Interchange and the Metrocentre to catch sight of it!

I think I went a bit too adventurous with it though, I done one full journey from Whitley Bay to Lobley Hill to get that photo, A good 1 and 45 Mins or something at 25 Mph.
I also did Lobley Hill to Metrocentre on the service afterwards, After I got the photo.

I advise anyone not to do the full route without a break!
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(25 Jul 2016, 8:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote More adventurous than us. We had littl'un, so stuck with Gateshead Interchange and the Metrocentre to catch sight of it!

I bet little'un was thrilled at seeing the Blue Arrow

(25 Jul 2016, 8:37 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I think I went a bit too adventurous with it though, I done one full journey from Whitley Bay to Lobley Hill to get that photo, A good 1 and 45 Mins or something at 25 Mph.
I also did Lobley Hill to Metrocentre on the service afterwards, After I got the photo.

I advise anyone not to do the full route without a break!

Where is your sense of adventure?
(25 Jul 2016, 8:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote I bet little'un was thrilled at seeing the Blue Arrow

The only buses he was excited to see (and travel on) today were the Angels. He's developed a big obsession with the ANGELOFTHENORJ!!!!!!

You can probably guess where the first place was that we stopped off, today Big Grin

(25 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Lost it by the time I was at Wallsend  Tongue

Someone probably nicked it off yer Wink
(25 Jul 2016, 8:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote Where is your sense of adventure?

(25 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Lost it by the time I was at Wallsend  Tongue

Don't think I could have a sense of adventure by spending that long on one bus, especially a Solar Tongue

I would I had some sense of adventure today, was out for 12 and a half hours today, getting all the Phoenix stuff although I struggled to hold that after spending well over an hour at Kingston Park as the Stagecoach service 6 turned up about 25 minutes late! Dodgy