You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
Bizarre routing decision on the 554. The PM journeys don't serve Quorum but Benton Lane.

Huge queue of people waiting in Quorum  due to large gaps in the 555 and GNE miss them all. Utterly pointless service.

My workplace is pretty near the bus stop but others aren't going to trail past a bus stop inside the park to a main road with no shelter
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(29 Jul 2016, 4:21 pm)Ambassador wrote Bizarre routing decision on the 554. The PM journeys don't serve Quorum but Benton Lane.

Huge queue of people waiting in Quorum  due to large gaps in the 555 and GNE miss them all. Utterly pointless service.

My workplace is pretty near the bus stop but others aren't going to trail past a bus stop inside the park to a main road with no shelter

That is Nexus for you.
(29 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote That is Nexus for you.

I'm guessing you maybe have to pay to service Quorum? Not sure on any other reason for nexus doing it!
(29 Jul 2016, 4:21 pm)Ambassador wrote Bizarre routing decision on the 554. The PM journeys don't serve Quorum but Benton Lane.

Didn't 554 when ran by Arriva serve the Quorum, I left Sitel on the 15th July so I haven't been up that way in the past 2 Weeks.
(29 Jul 2016, 5:17 pm)Malarkey wrote Didn't 554 when ran by Arriva serve the Quorum, I left Sitel on the 15th July so I haven't been up that way in the past 2 Weeks.

It did, yes.
(29 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm)R852 PRG wrote I've heard it's ex-East Yorkshire Motor Services. Rumour says it is to be used on the TENs.

Guessing it is the EvoSeti then (BP15 OLH)
(29 Jul 2016, 6:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote Guessing it is the EvoSeti then (BP15 OLH)

I have not seen it as I left work before it arrived, but they also have a couple of Wrights bodied ones as well I think.
(29 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm)citaro5284 wrote I have not seen it as I left work before it arrived, but they also have a couple of Wrights bodied ones as well I think.

Yeah - EYMS have BF63 HDC and BX14 SYT.
(29 Jul 2016, 7:00 pm)S813 FVK wrote Yeah - EYMS have BF63 HDC and BX14 SYT.

And has BF63 not been to GNE before..... Tongue
(29 Jul 2016, 7:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote And has BF63 not been to GNE before..... Tongue

I wasn't sure if they would go for the same one that's all. BP15 OLH also made a brief stop at Bensham before going to EYMS so I thought they may want to have seen what it was like in service.
(29 Jul 2016, 5:17 pm)Malarkey wrote Didn't 554 when ran by Arriva serve the Quorum, I left Sitel on the 15th July so I haven't been up that way in the past 2 Weeks.

Guessing Arriva were allowed in as part of the 555 contract.

Surprised at Quorum charging considering how green they claim to be.

I'll just vaguely hope whatever is visiting is for the Angel...and then back to reality
(29 Jul 2016, 8:15 pm)Ambassador wrote Guessing Arriva were allowed in as part of the 555 contract.

Surprised at Quorum charging considering how green they claim to be.

I'll just vaguely hope whatever is visiting is for the Angel...and then back to reality

Forgive me, as I don't know Quorum well, but don't Arriva's X7/X8 services now serve the main road? Whereas whatever they were before the Max launch, used to swing round inside the park?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Jul 2016, 6:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote Guessing it is the EvoSeti then (BP15 OLH)

Big'un says that's not a demonstrator but BF65 WHZ is.
(29 Jul 2016, 8:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Big'un says that's not a demonstrator but BF65 WHZ is.

None of the EYMS ex-demonstrators are proper demonstrators anymore. They have all been purchased by the company (the ones on the X46 has been fitted with WiFi).
(29 Jul 2016, 8:35 pm)S813 FVK wrote None of the EYMS ex-demonstrators are proper demonstrators anymore. They have all been purchased by the company (the ones on the X46 has been fitted with WiFi).

(29 Jul 2016, 8:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Big'un says that's not a demonstrator but BF65 WHZ is.

Big'un is right, It wasn't a demonstrator. It was loaned by EYMS for a few hours to GNE for a preview.F
BF65 WHZ is also indeed a Demonstrator, Currently with Ensignbus atm
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(29 Jul 2016, 9:03 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Big'un is right, It wasn't a demonstrator. It was loaned by EYMS for a few hours to GNE for a preview.F
BF65 WHZ is also indeed a Demonstrator, Currently with Ensignbus atm

The vehicle did a tour of UK operators for around a month prior to being delivered to EYMS but none of the company's B5s are demonstrators anymore (if they were).
(29 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm)Adrian wrote Forgive me, as I don't know Quorum well, but don't Arriva's X7/X8 services now serve the main road? Whereas whatever they were before the Max launch, used to swing round inside the park?

Yes that is correct Adrian, I am now a frequent user of the 37 to Doxford Park, so myself personally I am not upto date the changes up that way now.
(29 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm)Adrian wrote Forgive me, as I don't know Quorum well, but don't Arriva's X7/X8 services now serve the main road? Whereas whatever they were before the Max launch, used to swing round inside the park?

They do but that as a reliability issue and Quorum in part funding the service when the Park opened, which has now ended, they no longer do. So now they've got the 555.

Stagecoach serve it all day and weekends southbound with the X63 and 62 entering the Park,but not Northbound.

The 554 doesn't serve the Benton Lane stop that everyone else serves, it swings around the roundabout and serves one further up the road that very few use.

Arriva's X4/X5 (now X7/X8) had always served A188, it even said on the front cover as "Quorum A188". Certain journeys extended into Quorum Retail (like a 2 minute walk from A188) but these were revised to operate along A188 only due to traffic signal issues on the roundabout, meaning the buses got held up twice, in what is a tight timetable around the Quorum.
The Evoseti is the EYMS one which Volvo has loaned from EYMS to demo to other operators, it isn't the first time they've done this. EYMS 733 was on loan to Go North East a few years ago.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
When will the 39 be branded it's beyond a joke now. They might aswell put the buses into corporate red. Why bother painting them a light red. The blue buses were branded quick for the 11 so why yet again are Deptford delayed with branding??
(30 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm)Acky81 wrote When will the 39 be branded it's beyond a joke now. They might aswell put the buses into corporate red. Why bother painting them a light red. The blue buses were branded quick for the 11 so why yet again are Deptford delayed with branding??

It's taking far too long, but it's not just the 39. The Red Arrows refresh started in November 2015, and the first vehicle was branded in March of this year. There are still 5 running round in the old livery.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm)Adrian wrote It's taking far too long, but it's not just the 39. The Red Arrows refresh started in November 2015, and the first vehicle was branded in March of this year. There are still 5 running round in the old livery.

They make so many changes so close together they can't keep up. The painters must be fed up lol
(30 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm)Acky81 wrote When will the 39 be branded it's beyond a joke now. They might aswell put the buses into corporate red. Why bother painting them a light red. The blue buses were branded quick for the 11 so why yet again are Deptford delayed with branding??

Well those silver citaros were painted ages ago in to silver, that was a waste of paint.

I bet the 39 doesn't even end up branded....

(30 Jul 2016, 7:12 pm)Acky81 wrote They make so many changes so close together they can't keep up. The painters must be fed up lol

Well if GNE didn't change routes every 6 months then they might keep up....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.