Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016
(06 Aug 2016, 11:10 am)Michael wrote Service update: All #10 services are terminating at the Metrocentre and are not serving Newcastle. Tickets are being accepted on services #6, #45, #46 and #47 to and from the Metrocentre where passengers can connect to #10 services to continue their journey. Supervisor staff are on-hand at Eldon Square bus station to assist. Diversion between Blaydon bus station and the Metrocentre remains unchanged. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The TEN from Newcastle to Hexham scheduled to arrive Corbridge @ 11:10 was 20 minutes late 'due to congestion in Blaydon' - apparently due to bridge strike:-

Blaydon footbridge

Hexham depot had the 'return' vehicle towards Newcastle (due at Corbridge 11:30) out on time - well done!
(06 Aug 2016, 12:49 pm)G-CPTN wrote The TEN from Newcastle to Hexham scheduled to arrive Corbridge @ 11:10 was 20 minutes late 'due to congestion in Blaydon'.

Blaydon Highway is closed to traffic in both directions while they demolish the footbridge following the incident the other day.
(06 Aug 2016, 2:47 pm)R852 PRG wrote I'm reliably informed that 3878 (W188 SCU) has been withdrawn from service at Chester-le-Street. Yesterday was meant to be it's last day in service, if not.

It was certainly at work yesterday, as I saw it twice during the day.
I've washed my hands a few times since this afternoon, so can't make out the fleet number I wrote on.
Anyway, there was a gold Merc which had appeared to have broken down, whilst operating a 36 this afternoon.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(06 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote I've washed my hands a few times since this afternoon, so can't make out the fleet number I wrote on.
Anyway, there was a gold Merc which had appeared to have broken down, whilst operating a 36 this afternoon.

6057 broke down on Hills Street in Gateshead earlier.
With the metro replacement service finishing has the B7's gone back to Stanley to withdraw the Lolynes and allowing other buses to move else where?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 8:51 am)Michael wrote With the metro replacement service finishing has the B7's gone back to Stanley to withdraw the Lolynes and allowing other buses to move else where?
All of the B7 presidents were from stanley
(07 Aug 2016, 8:54 am)Jamie M wrote All of the B7 presidents were from stanley

Yes but they were based at Riverside for the Metro replacement.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 8:58 am)Michael wrote Yes but they were based at Riverside for the Metro replacement.
Eh, stanley couldn't hold out a full allocation even with extra vehicles and more omnidekkas sent over, I feel it would be unwise to start removing vehicles from the fleet until there's enough of each vehicle to hold the correct allocations.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:07 am)Jamie M wrote Eh, stanley couldn't hold out a full allocation even with extra vehicles and more omnidekkas sent over, I feel it would be unwise to start removing vehicles from the fleet until there's enough of each vehicle to hold the correct allocations.

6136-6140 entered service the same weekend as the Presidents transferred - im guessing the omnidekkas released the Presidents so it was a 5 in 5 out sort of thing.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:07 am)Jamie M wrote Eh, stanley couldn't hold out a full allocation even with extra vehicles and more omnidekkas sent over, I feel it would be unwise to start removing vehicles from the fleet until there's enough of each vehicle to hold the correct allocations.

Also Jamie, you mentioned the Omnidekka's at Stanley, which i've just remembered, need repainted in to "Go North East".... so they'll probables be sent to SM first.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:11 am)S813 FVK wrote 6136-6140 entered service the same weekend as the Presidents transferred - im guessing the omnidekkas released the Presidents so it was a 5 in 5 out sort of thing.
W20FWL (5170) was also sent back into service at Stanley.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:11 am)Michael wrote Also Jamie, you mentioned the Omnidekka's at Stanley, which i've just remembered, need repainted in to "Go North East".... so they'll probables be sent to SM first.
Yeah, there's 2 B&H ones still also. I don't think the loynes will be going out anywhere yet - the olympians are being sent out (45 on wednesday when the bridge was hit) and regularly on X31/Northerns. I feel because of the step up and age, those will have priority to be dismissed from the fleet first.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:15 am)Jamie M wrote Yeah, there's 2 B&H ones still also. I don't think the loynes will be going out anywhere yet - the olympians are being sent out (45 on wednesday when the bridge was hit) and regularly on X31/Northerns. I feel because of the step up and age, those will have priority to be dismissed from the fleet first.

They may aswell get rid of the Olympians and Lolynes together. They both need to be withdrawn by the end of the year.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:11 am)Jamie M wrote W20FWL (5170) was also sent back into service at Stanley.

Was a bit surprised at this one myself given that it forms part of Washington's PVR on service 82 following 4909s withdrawl. Unless it has been replaced, of course.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:15 am)Jamie M wrote Yeah, there's 2 B&H ones still also. I don't think the loynes will be going out anywhere yet - the olympians are being sent out (45 on wednesday when the bridge was hit) and regularly on X31/Northerns. I feel because of the step up and age, those will have priority to be dismissed from the fleet first.

the Olympians will be the main priority to get them out of the fleet because they are step entrance.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:24 am)S813 FVK wrote They may aswell get rid of the Olympians and Lolynes together. They both need to be withdrawn by the end of the year.
This would make stanley's allocation issue worse - as things stand there is a gain of 5 vehicles (excl. 5170), and a loss of 8 vehicles (Loyne/Olympians/darts (547 is gone riverside, not sure of 553)). This would make stanley short of 3 vehicles.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:28 am)Jamie M wrote This would make stanley's allocation issue worse - as things stand there is a gain of 5 vehicles (excl. 5170), and a loss of 8 vehicles (Loyne/Olympians/darts (547 is gone riverside, not sure of 553)). This would make stanley short of 3 vehicles.

YN04GJU (624) & YN04GJV (625) has also arrived from Brighton.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:29 am)Michael wrote YN04GJU (624) & YN04GJV (625) has also arrived from Brighton.
These heading over to Stanley too?
(07 Aug 2016, 9:28 am)Jamie M wrote This would make stanley's allocation issue worse - as things stand there is a gain of 5 vehicles (excl. 5170), and a loss of 8 vehicles (Loyne/Olympians/darts (547 is gone riverside, not sure of 553)). This would make stanley short of 3 vehicles.

3995 and 3996 have not replaced anything at Stanley yet. Then there is 6136-6140 which, in total means there are 7 vehicles to replace 7 (2 lolynes and 5 olympians). We may aswell say the 2 Omnidekkas that michael just mentioned replace 6024 (covering for 3873), 3874 with another, still to arrive, replacing 3880. This would mean that Stanley would only be 1 vehicle down (5292) but that could easily be solved by retaining a Renown for a bit longer (could just use 4896) - it could be argued that 547 was doing this job but it is no longer required at Stanley after being replaced on the Tesco Freebus by 553.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:30 am)Jamie M wrote These heading over to Stanley too?

I would imagine so, only depot to have them so far, would be in line with depot standardisation or whatever you call it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:36 am)S813 FVK wrote 3995 and 3996 have not replaced anything at Stanley yet. Then there is 6136-6140 which, in total means there are 7 vehicles to replace 7 (2 lolynes and 5 olympians). We may aswell say the 2 Omnidekkas that michael just mentioned replace 6024 (covering for 3873), 3874 with another, still to arrive, replacing 3880. This would mean that Stanley would only be 1 vehicle down (5292) but that could easily be solved by retaining a Renown for a bit longer (could just use 4896) - it could be argued that 547 was doing this job but it is no longer required at Stanley after being replaced on the Tesco Freebus by 553.
I've seen 553 at interchange, I have no proof it has been transfered but where ever it has been, it's not at Stanley - venture solos have been doing the T1 bus in consett for a while.
Fleet sizes have been getting gradually smaller over the years. Not saying this will happen at Stanley, but it wouldn't surprise me if not all of the withdrawn vehicles were replaced.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 Aug 2016, 9:44 am)Andreos1 wrote Fleet sizes have been getting gradually smaller over the years. Not saying this will happen at Stanley, but it wouldn't surprise me if not all of the withdrawn vehicles were replaced.
This is true, I just fear for the allocations and even trips not being run (I've had an X31 not turn up before).

I was talking to some drivers who gave me some insight into their jobs, but also mentioned that there was a decent attempt to merge CLS/Stanley a few years back. Not entirely relevant but sure won't help to keep things on track if they have to send replacements out of CLS up to Consett/Stanley if this ever does go ahead in the future.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:49 am)Jamie M wrote This is true, I just fear for the allocations and even trips not being run (I've had an X31 not turn up before).

I was talking to some drivers who gave me some insight into their jobs, but also mentioned that there was a decent attempt to merge CLS/Stanley a few years back. Not entirely relevant but sure won't help to keep things on track if they have to send replacements out of CLS up to Consett/Stanley if this ever does go ahead in the future.

Wouldn't be surprised if they try it again but where would they put it?

I know it was rumoured Washington and CLS a while back to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Aug 2016, 9:57 am)Michael wrote Wouldn't be surprised if they try it again but where would they put it?

I know it was rumoured Washington and CLS a while back to.

Yeah. They tried to get land at Birtley but Carcraft got it instead (Motorpoint are now located there). I don't know where they could go now though.