Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3529

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(26 Oct 2013, 9:14 am)CatsFast101 wrote Are we expecting a 10th November launch for just drifter Streetlites? When will the Saltwell park ones be in service? How many Saltwell park's have been delivered?

Yes, 10th November for Drifter and 17th November for Saltwell Park
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(26 Oct 2013, 10:20 am)busmanT wrote Yes, 10th November for Drifter and 17th November for Saltwell Park

Thanks. Is it a big fan fare for the launch? Have any of the StreetLites been branded?
(26 Oct 2013, 10:37 am)CatsFast101 wrote Thanks. Is it a big fan fare for the launch? Have any of the StreetLites been branded?

Don't think any of them have being branded yet. not sure about a launch would be good though
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Oct 2013, 11:00 am)Michael wrote Don't think any of them have being branded yet. not sure about a launch would be good though

No, Drifter should be branded this coming week - I'm sure there will be some activity surrounding the various launch dates.
Don't forget the Versa for Citylink will be arriving soon as well
(26 Oct 2013, 11:08 am)busmanT wrote No, Drifter should be branded this coming week - I'm sure there will be some activity surrounding the various launch dates.
Don't forget the Versa for Citylink will be arriving soon as well

=D, if its gonna be like the Coaster style then it could be interesting

On all Serious notes - The Saltwell park ones are a horrid colour, i hope to change my mind when they are branded.

I think the Citylink Versa's are gonna start arriving this week to

Noted today - it looks like GNE have changed the name for the timetable for the 36/36A... its now

36 / 36A and NexusBus 135 / 136 times - on the timetable list.

135/136 not included on NEXUS branded services now
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Just been looking at the 923 Rainton bridge service, does anyone know which services it runs off/onto. I think some journeys work off/on to 206's, but they all can't. Is the 923 paid for by the LA?
(26 Oct 2013, 2:02 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Just been looking at the 923 Rainton bridge service, does anyone know which services it runs off/onto. I think some journeys work off/on to 206's, but they all can't. Is the 923 paid for by the LA?

I imagine some run off the 238 too.
Seen one or two coming off the A690 from the direction of Houghton.

The contract with Npower for the 921 and 922 apparently paid for the Red Arrow Gemini's.
Possibly the Citario's on the 4 too...
The contract came about with a massive number of staff living on Tyneside where the original callcentres were based.
Not sure if Npower contract the 923 too or not, although shifts were moved to Rainton Bridge from Peterlee too.

However, a number of people seem to get off a 4 in Fencehouses and get a 20a or 35a from The Folds.
Not sure why...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(26 Oct 2013, 2:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote I imagine some run off the 238 too.
Seen one or two coming off the A690 from the direction of Houghton.

The contract with Npower for the 921 and 922 apparently paid for the Red Arrow Gemini's.
Possibly the Citario's on the 4 too...
The contract came about with a massive number of staff living on Tyneside where the original callcentres were based.
Not sure if Npower contract the 923 too or not, although shifts were moved to Rainton Bridge from Peterlee too.

However, a number of people seem to get off a 4 in Fencehouses and get a 20a or 35a from The Folds.
Not sure why...

The 921/922 & 923 are all contracted to npower, as you've rightly said some shifts had been moved from Peterlee as well as the Newcastle & Team Valley offices. Only reason that I can think of as to why some people use the 4 and transfer to the 20a/35a is they probably live directly on the route of the 4 after Washington so would make sense to travel this way.
Site Administrator
(26 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Well that makes it easier for me to find 8306 from a distance. Just look for a naked purple Versa Big Grin

Haha, I came into Park Lane on the Lime this morning and I noticed it straight away..! Catching buses just after they've been repainted is great - minus all vinyls and advertisements, and always sporting shiny silver wheels! Big Grin
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(26 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm)benwell3031 wrote 8306.

Would of been good if they had took that old inaccurate Family Ticket band off the windscreen whilst Saltmeadows had it in.

Thought exactly the same! It's the worst idea every putting the strips along the top off the windscreen as they seem to just stay forever with inaccurate adverts and badly scrapping jobs.
Just out of interest for members on here.

This is the list of Go North East Buses I need to travel on (which is a lot more difficult then getting a photo of every vehicle. To add, I managed to travel on every service bus operational for GNE for a short period from late Sept 2003 to around Late Oct 2003 when the 53 reg buses came. I almost came close to doing it again, but new vehicles have put paid to that.

Note the lists only have the vehicles that are in service on local routes.

Transbus MPD: 558.

Volvo B7TL / ELC Myllenium Vyking: 3970.

Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown: 5161.

M-B 0.530 Citaro: 5358-5368.

Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2: 6076.

Optare Versa: 8306.

So as it stands, there are 16 vehicles I need for travelling on with GNE that are currently in service. This number will flunctuate when I get on Citaros and prob 8306 on Monday. And will prob increase when more new vehicles enter service.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(26 Oct 2013, 9:37 am)Michael wrote Thank's but why has I,L,Q being missed out lol?

As others have said, I and Q are just not used on Reg plates, but the L is supposedly not used here as the last letter of the reg because it is the last letter of the two letter area identifier (the 'NL' at the front of the reg).

Rgds
David
(who is sitting back waiting for someone to prove him wrong!)
Site Administrator
(27 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm)Dan wrote 8302 and 8303 are both out today on 60/42s

8306 also out.
chris white
Unregistered
(26 Oct 2013, 11:11 am)Michael wrote =D, if its gonna be like the Coaster style then it could be interesting

I'm led to believe that it is very similar to the Coaster branding.

Chris.
chris white
Unregistered
(27 Oct 2013, 12:08 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Yes on a Daily Basis

Often but not daily, it often sees use on the 61 as well.

Chris
(27 Oct 2013, 3:50 pm)chris white wrote Often but not daily, it often sees use on the 61 as well.

Chris

I would say it used on the 42 more than it is on the 61
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(27 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I would say it used on the 42 more than it is on the 61

I would say it's probably on the 42/61 about the same, occasionally on 39's see in three days on the 60 too.
When did the consultation end for North Sunderland again?

Wonder when the results will be out?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm)Liam wrote I'm told the first Streetlite is branded for Drifter. Surprise, surprise, its similar to the Coaster. Almost identical design on the side panels, with the exception of the side rear which has a different wave formation. The rear of the vehicle has no waves at all, instead WiFi information is presented.

Has a different lighthouse on it. Red stripey one IICR.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I like the design, I mean it's carbon copy of coaster but at the end of the day where's the harm in it? At the end of the day a lot of people who use the 1 won't ever use the 60 and vice versa. The livery works well. I would of liked it to show a balck and white lighthouse like Seaham has, but it looks good. I liked the coaster livery aswell, so I like this too.