Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
(02 Oct 2016, 1:22 pm)Michael wrote Nothing what Go North East does pleases people, they can't win.

Can't see any posts every few days, moaning about Arriva over using the MAX, Sapphire and now the Frequenta brands on their routes....

I think it is hilarious that enthusiasts constantly slag off Go North East regarding route branding and there corporate identity etc, yet these people will stand on cling on corner for example all day waiting to get the first photo, just so they can "knock one out" about it, and if I was a betting man I would put money on them all being in Sunderland tomorrow trying to get a photo of 628, due to amount of times those people have asked about it on here in the past few days, quite sad and pathetic to be honest.
(02 Oct 2016, 1:35 pm)Malarkey wrote  I would put money on them all being in Sunderland tomorrow trying to get a photo of 628, due to amount of times those people have asked about it on here in the past few days.

That's the definition of 'enthusiasts'.
Here we go again, slapping each other down, over what? A livery. A livery on a bus.

As for people going out to Sunderland tomorrow to find 628, let them. They have as much right to do so as you.
(02 Oct 2016, 1:49 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Here we go again, slapping each other down, over what? A livery. A livery on a bus.

As for people going out to Sunderland tomorrow to find 628, let them. They have as much right to do so as you.

Its the truth though.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Oct 2016, 1:29 pm)LeeCalder wrote Another photo of 628... looks very smart from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't someone say the logo was being updated to something more modern too?  Looks the same to me?
(02 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Didn't someone say the logo was being updated to something more modern too?  Looks the same to me?

Yeah, there will be a new logo, however it hasn't been applied to 628 yet.
(02 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Yeah, there will be a new logo, however it hasn't been applied to 628 yet.

Hope the freshly applied 'old' logo, doesnt leave a mess on the new paintwork then.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
I quite like it,i do think gne should re-launch the yellow,red,blue livery,they're quite close to it now with this new livery,im not old enough to fully remember the original 'nothern' livery but fully remember the gne livery
(03 Oct 2016, 10:18 am)Busmad99 wrote Does anyone know the where abouts of 9099

Left Elton Square 1105 roughly heading for Easington Lane
(03 Oct 2016, 10:37 am)Busmad99 wrote What time will it be in Washington going back to Newcastle

Could be any time. I was observing X1s at Washington on Saturday, and 3 turned up at once heading to Easington Lane.
I did see it heading back to the depot coz I was on the connections 4 at Washington because I wanted to go on it
Site Administrator
(03 Oct 2016, 4:42 pm)dannygee wrote 636 was out on the 19s today on the short ones. Bet the paseengers got confused

They'd better get used to being confused then, given that it was rightly allocated to that service!
(03 Oct 2016, 5:08 pm)Dan wrote They'd better get used to being confused then, given that it was rightly allocated to that service!

Why is it allocated do you know Dan? Are the Eclipses moving away? Hopefully it's not on the Ashington runs as they tend to get busy between Earsdon and Cramlington.
(03 Oct 2016, 5:08 pm)Dan wrote They'd better get used to being confused then, given that it was rightly allocated to that service!

Yep but doesnt take much to confuse
(03 Oct 2016, 4:42 pm)dannygee wrote 636 was out on the 19s today on the short ones. Bet the paseengers got confused
Would have been better giving it to Riverside, allowing 556 to be withdrawn.
(03 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm)park5354 wrote Would have been better giving it to Riverside, allowing 556 to be withdrawn.

A vehicle was needed at Chester and Percy Main were due to receive one from Deptford, so it was diverted to Chester instead, so Percy Main would have been a bus short, hence why it has gone there.
(03 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm)citaro5284 wrote A vehicle was needed at Chester and Percy Main were due to receive one from Deptford, so it was diverted to Chester instead, so Percy Main would have been a bus short, hence why it has gone there.

Will 4963 replace 636 if it ever moves?
(03 Oct 2016, 5:46 pm)Y935 ERG wrote Will 4963 replace 636 if it ever moves?

Probs not as 4963 was to replace 3859 now 636 is to replace 4912 allowing it to get withdrawn
Jamie M
Unregistered
Red'h bridge in newcastle is due to be shut 6pm-6am on sunday/monday, if I read the sign correctly. Anyone know what the diversion is intended to be?
(03 Oct 2016, 8:41 pm)Jamie M wrote Red'h bridge in newcastle is due to be shut 6pm-6am on sunday/monday, if I read the sign correctly. Anyone know what the diversion is intended to be?

It is usually via the Swing Bridge.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Oct 2016, 8:41 pm)Jamie M wrote Red'h bridge in newcastle is due to be shut 6pm-6am on sunday/monday, if I read the sign correctly. Anyone know what the diversion is intended to be?

Tyne Bridge and along Askew Road maybe? Thats the usual diversion when the Tyne Bridge is closed (only swap Tyne with Redheugh) unless they go via Centrelink, over the Swing Bridge and past the Copthorne Hotel, missing out Teams.
(03 Oct 2016, 8:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote Tyne Bridge and along Askew Road maybe? Thats the usual diversion when the Tyne Bridge is closed (only swap Tyne with Redheugh) unless they go via Centrelink, over the Swing Bridge and past the Copthorne Hotel, missing out Teams.

Sometimes the Scotswood if it's the 10 or an non stop route
(03 Oct 2016, 7:46 am)Andreos1 wrote Hope the freshly applied 'old' logo, doesnt leave a mess on the new paintwork then.

I'm surprised it's even been though the paint shop, if whatever vinyls (including a new logo?) aren't ready? 

Bring on new corporate livery revision 2. Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook