You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
(30 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm)mb134 wrote Really would like to see how they'd get a vending machine on there, along with the hot drinks machine, and bottled water dispenser Wink
...and a toilet.

Would hate having a toilet on a bus, bad enough the toilet door wouldn't close from outside on Northern Pacer 142093 yesterday.
(30 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm)Jimmi wrote ...and a toilet.

Would hate having a toilet on a bus, bad enough the toilet door wouldn't close from outside on Northern Pacer 142093 yesterday.

Ah yes, the toilet! I understand the need on coaches, but for 99% of services Arriva operate, I think it's pretty unnecessary. 

I'd like to see entertainment screens on the back of seats mind, as long as you needed headphones to listen to them. It was interesting to see them asking our views on cloth seating, as opposed to e-leather.
Forgive me if this has been mentioned but what vehicles will the MAX X46 use? Cascaded London deckers which were converted to MAX?
(30 Oct 2016, 4:46 pm)JoshP wrote Forgive me if this has been mentioned but what vehicles will the MAX X46 use? Cascaded London deckers which were converted to MAX?
X46 will use ex London Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400's which have been refurbished to MAX specification.

Here is a photo of 7423 which will be used on the X46: https://flic.kr/p/MQH7Jn
(30 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm)mb134 wrote Ah yes, the toilet! I understand the need on coaches, but for 99% of services Arriva operate, I think it's pretty unnecessary. 

I'd like to see entertainment screens on the back of seats mind, as long as you needed headphones to listen to them. It was interesting to see them asking our views on cloth seating, as opposed to e-leather.

Only toilets on the X18!

Personally I prefer cloth seating, particularly in Winter when e-leather can be very cold
(30 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Arriva's "Bus of the Future" survey. Have your say on the future of features onboard Arriva buses.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/global-float...re-survey/

I've got in my request for a return to slider and hopper windows so you can have fresh air without being blown all over the place. There was almost a riot on the X12 the other night, one group continually opening the windows and another shutting them! They were students I think - its usually OAPs that shut them!