You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016
(02 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I think that's a bit to extreme tbh, But you never know.

They had one to Darlington which should never have been axed! No through buses at all now.
(06 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm)Cock Robin wrote At the Stockton bus forum a few weeks back the Stagecoach representative said they had no plans for Next Stop Announcements on any services in that area as they 'divide opinion', True.

I'm mixed on them too, they aren't too bad, if you're only going a few stops but if you're going to the likes of Newcastle on the 56 from Sunderland, they can very annoying.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Dec 2016, 12:39 pm)Michael wrote I'm mixed on them too, they aren't too bad, if you're only going a few stops but if you're going to the likes of Newcastle on the 56 from Sunderland, they can very annoying.

Yes. Don't mind the screens, its just the voice.
(06 Dec 2016, 12:39 pm)Michael wrote I'm mixed on them too, they aren't too bad, if you're only going a few stops but if you're going to the likes of Newcastle on the 56 from Sunderland, they can very annoying.

I think it's more acceptable on interurban routes, but for noddy services around town/city circuits I think it's not currently needed. I'm personally not a fan of them, but I suppose they are there to help the impaired, so their placement is for the good. Wouldn't be surprised if they introduced a ruling as part of DDA legislation in the years to come.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
Hi is more ex Newcastle 27506'10 come to Stockton depot yet any photo of them of you can thank.
27506 had its maiden voyage (?) at Stockton with a trip down the High St about an hour ago. Interesting paint job on the front end
Sunderland now have the new contactless ticket machines, well the bus i'm on does.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Dec 2016, 11:09 am)tyresmoke wrote 27506 had its maiden voyage (?) at Stockton with a trip down the High St about an hour ago. Interesting paint job on the front end

Urgh. They must have about four different variations of swoop livery on these Mk1s within the Group...!

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(09 Dec 2016, 11:25 am)Michael wrote Sunderland now have the new contactless ticket machines, well the bus i'm on does.

They were fitted wednesday, contactless goes live on the 14th.
(09 Dec 2016, 11:42 am)Deleted wrote They were fitted wednesday, contactless goes live on the 14th.

Cool Smile thanks for the extra info.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Hopefully plenty of advertising about contactless will appear on buses. I do like how Oxford have their Wi-Fi/USB charging and Contactless stickers, either side of the destination blind.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Hi I thank I saw one on a photo on stagecoach north east page I think 22031 i thank.
(09 Dec 2016, 7:52 pm)glen wrote Hi I thank I saw one on a photo on stagecoach north east page I think 22031 i thank.

Hopefully, 22031 is rotten
It was that one 22031 has then been withdrawn now.
(09 Dec 2016, 8:18 pm)glen wrote It was that one 22031 has then been withdrawn now.

Im sure 22031 has been withdrawn for a few weeks now. Think one of the Kinetic's replaced it
(09 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Im sure 22031 has been withdrawn for a few weeks now. Think one of the Kinetic's replaced it

22021 was emarked for withdrawal last week, But was out last Saturday, Though I'm expecting it to be gone now, The LED's it and sister 22022 gained at Shields can go into another vehicle.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(09 Dec 2016, 11:27 am)RBZ 5459 wrote Urgh. They must have about four different variations of swoop livery on these Mk1s within the Group...!

This one is basically trying to make it match the MK2s at Stockton. Photo below @ Si Smart

.jpg 27506 by Si Smart.jpg
(12 Dec 2016, 10:32 am)Kuyoyo wrote This one is basically trying to make it match the MK2s at Stockton. Photo below @ Si Smart

Ah they've gone with the Western style. Further Scottish adaptations....!
Could of done with the white-tash like that example.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Site Administrator
(10 Dec 2016, 1:09 pm)Cock Robin wrote Re your fleetlist, 17647 is in normal livery not Magicbus (or was last time I was in Flowers!).

Sorted.
Have any of the Scania Omnilink's at Sunderland had a repaint yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Dec 2016, 4:42 pm)Michael wrote Have any of the Scania Omnilink's at Sunderland had a repaint yet?

Nope, they have about six pages each of defects to do first....

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(17 Dec 2016, 11:47 am)RBZ 5459 wrote Nope, they have about six pages each of defects to do first....

Oh dear, hopefully they'll be ready for the 29th January!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Dec 2016, 12:28 pm)Michael wrote Oh dear, hopefully they'll be ready for the 29th January!

24002 painted in the shed, by stagecoach uk Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk