Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017
(30 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm)thetravelman wrote I am really liking this branding, as has been mentioned on here recently, I also think it would be good for those services which need some kind of branding but maybe not Flagship route branding, to use this type. Something such as the No: 9 would suit this style.

Any ideas as to when the next ones are due to arrive ready for the 49's.

How long does it take to refurbish a bus? Such as the EX: Durham Diamonds Citaros which have been sent away for refurb and to that type of standard.

I think the TynedaleXpress services X84/X85 - could do with a refurb either by receiving newer buses fully refurb'd or having the current Scanias refurb'd. Now that Arriva have introduced the Cross Pennine with refurbed buses, GNE need to offer a similar standard.

Around 5 were spotted at Heysham docks yesterday, so hopefully those should arrive in the new few days.

I'm not sure if the Scania's will get a refurbish now, it looks like all of the Citaro's are heading in to refurbishment, wouldn't be surprised if the Omnicities go that way too - although, this is not confirmed, just speculation.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
6125 looks to be immobilised at Gateshead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
Unregistered
(31 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm)Jamie M wrote 6128 is broke'd at whickham. As such the 2100 6 to stanley journey was lost milage.

(31 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm)Jamie M wrote Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can someone explain this 'lost mileage' in plain English please.
The bus broke down in Whickham which must have been a different service. The 2100 was lost mileage? Do you mean it didnt run at all or it ran in part. HELP
Jamie M
Unregistered
(31 Jan 2017, 10:53 pm)ifm001 wrote Can someone explain this 'lost mileage' in plain English please.
The bus broke down in Whickham which must have been a different service. The 2100 was lost mileage? Do you mean it didnt run at all or it ran in part. HELP
Lost milage is where part of (or none of) a trip is not completed either due to a lack of a bus to run the trip, or a bus breaking down in a position where a decision is made to transfer passengers to the bus behind.

You don't see lost milage often on contracts or last buses. There has been an occasion were a versa was thrown onto the last 6 from metrocentre because the intended bus was taken off due to a passenger incident, so riverside provided a bus to complete the journey.

(31 Jan 2017, 10:53 pm)ifm001 wrote Can someone explain this 'lost mileage' in plain English please.

"Lost mileage" is basically the amount of service lost due to the breakdown. It's a really technical term that should really be avoided online!

Edit: Jamie has beaten me to it.