Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

What's annoying you today? V4 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V4

RE: What's annoying you today? V4
(14 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm)L469 YVK wrote Top Ten At Ten being scrapped on Metro Radio Sad

FYI, was an 80s, 90s flashback with Brian Moore at 10am everyday!

Well, back to Heart Radio it is then!

It's on Metro 2 Radio or whatever it's called these days. 

Cue SouthTyneLad saying I listen to crap.  Big Grin
Don't worry, I spent V day on my own with only a bottle of ale for company. Husband was 90 miles away, having been working with the highways agency, or whatever they're called now, stuffing his face with a V day set menu which could only have been designed to leave couples feeling too stuffed to do anything but sleep it off!

At least he gets to come home, tonight. Littleun is missing him. And the car.
(15 Feb 2017, 4:40 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Don't worry, I spent V day on my own with only a bottle of ale for company. Husband was 90 miles away, having been working with the highways agency, or whatever they're called now, stuffing his face with a V day set menu which could only have been designed to leave couples feeling too stuffed to do anything but sleep it off!

At least he gets to come home, tonight. Littleun is missing him. And the car.

Which one is little'un missing the most thou, dad or the car, bet it is the latter  Smile
(15 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote Which one is little'un missing the most thou, dad or the car, bet it is the latter  Smile

He optimistically put his shoes on and turned the lights out, hoping it would appear so he could go out, after tea, yesterday.

While I'm busy being annoyed, they've started making preparations to demolish the house at the end of our terrace, today, as, clearly, planning permission went through at yesterday's meeting. If they're this keen, then I hope they all have it done and tidy by the time we need to sell this house in the summer.
It was recycling day today, I brought the blue bin back into the garden afterwards but I've only just thought about the green box and it's not outside the garage and it's not in the garden, so I don't know where it is, so if it did go out, it's probably going to be my fault it's not there although it was probably: not put out, someone's nicked it or the bin men have dumped it somewhere completely that's nowhere near the house... Again!

The other week I brought someone else's bin in!
Plan some scenic shots in Seaham for the Wear Xpress Solo SR's only for 4989 to turn up instead. Shame but just one of those things that happens.

It's also annoying that the X6/X7 is limited stop through Seaham which makes photo locations so much harder, it's a case of get off the X21, get the photo of the X6/X7 then either wait about 45 minutes for the next X21, hope and pray that the 238 is late or face a long walk back into Seaham itself or a even longer walk to Ryhope.
(17 Feb 2017, 10:39 pm)Michael wrote The Last Leg...

Once again, it's all about Trump... Turned it off... Is there no other news?

All other news is fake and full of alternative facts Rolleyes
(17 Feb 2017, 10:39 pm)Michael wrote The Last Leg...

Once again, it's all about Trump... Turned it off... Is there no other news?

Even more questions in this thread! There's been more repaints and keep your eyes peeled for imminent arrivals at Saltmeadows... Can't confirm allocations unfortunately  Big Grin
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
(18 Feb 2017, 4:54 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Someone let their guide elephant loose in Eldon Square today and it trampled my phone to death.
Sellotape and WD/40 fixes buses, why can't they fix a phone?
Oh fan-freaking-tastic, the on/off/unlock button on my phone has stopped working, this is going to cause sheer havoc. Well that's the plan of keeping this phone and going SIM free out of the window, just pleased I didn't say yes to the offer Carphone Warehouse gave the other day as I'd have been stuck with it for a minimum of 6 more months.
(20 Feb 2017, 1:04 am)Jimmi wrote Oh fan-freaking-tastic, the on/off/unlock button on my phone has stopped working, this is going to cause sheer havoc. Well that's the plan of keeping this phone and going SIM free out of the window, just pleased I didn't say yes to the offer Carphone Warehouse gave the other day as I'd have been stuck with it for a minimum of 6 more months.

MurdnunoC's 'guide elephant' hasn't been up to its usual tricks again has it?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
The GNE app has reverted to services in 2013..
I can see stops for 98, X30/X31 to lanchester, 43/44 to durham and no 6s. Even service 70 shows. The current X70/X71/X31 times aren't correct and they aren't tracking. Screenshots dont work for security policy set by the app...
What on earth..
(20 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm)Jamie M wrote The GNE app has reverted to services in 2013..
I can see stops for 98, X30/X31 to lanchester, 43/44 to durham and no 6s. Even service 70 shows. The current X70/X71/X31 times aren't correct and they aren't tracking. Screenshots dont work for security policy set by the app...
What on earth..

It has a glitch, which they're currently working on to sort.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm)Jamie M wrote The GNE app has reverted to services in 2013..
What on earth..

The last bus you caught was, in fact, a time machine.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(21 Feb 2017, 9:17 am)BusLoverMum wrote Another mysterious vanishing bus.

Have given up on a trip to Sunderland and heading for Newcastle instead. Warming up our shivering backsides on the back seat.
Is it cold outside? It doesn't look it from here!
(21 Feb 2017, 10:13 am)Jamie M wrote Is it cold outside? It doesn't look it from here!

Only when you're stood in the shade for 20 minutes at 9am!

Had a warmer wait for no show buses at Eldon Square. Just missed an x21 and the next gne bus to Durham to show up was the next x21!
Jamie M
Unregistered
(21 Feb 2017, 12:37 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Only when you're stood in the shade for 20 minutes at 9am!

Had a warmer wait for no show buses at Eldon Square. Just missed an x21 and the next gne bus to Durham to show up was the next x21!
I remember the first day the gate was off - 6 angles showed up at once - 6?!
My absolutely terrible planning into my trip to Glasgow. Out of ideas now and I still have quite a while until my trains home. Lack of research, lack of ideas, lack of knowledge into the area and lack of motivation from me today due to my mental state essentially falling off a cliff in the last fortnight.
Site Administrator
(04 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm)Jimmi wrote My absolutely terrible planning into my trip to Glasgow. Out of ideas now and I still have quite a while until my trains home. Lack of research, lack of ideas, lack of knowledge into the area and lack of motivation from me today due to my mental state essentially falling off a cliff in the last fortnight.

I've been to Glasgow around four times now and feel that an hour or two is more than enough time. It's such a big place with a bus everywhere you look. It becomes repetitive in my opinion after any longer than that.
(04 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm)Dan wrote I've been to Glasgow around four times now and feel that an hour or two is more than enough time. It's such a big place with a bus everywhere you look. It becomes repetitive in my opinion after any longer than that.
I thought that there was more areas around Glasgow, even just things like ASDA stores like Edinburgh is but I was mistaken it seems. Best I've managed to cobble together is the Intu Shopping Centre at Braehead and unfortunately the train tickets were booked before any planning took place, so now have several hours to kill. Seen places on Flickr but they must be further away and sure enough couldn't find any of these places when planning everything, didn't help I was badly stressed out with something else whilst I was looking places/things up for today.
(04 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm)Jimmi wrote I thought that there was more areas around Glasgow, even just things like ASDA stores like Edinburgh is but I was mistaken it seems. Best I've managed to cobble together is the Intu Shopping Centre at Braehead and unfortunately the train tickets were booked before any planning took place, so now have several hours to kill. Seen places on Flickr but they must be further away and sure enough couldn't find any of these places when planning everything, didn't help I was badly stressed out with something else whilst I was looking places/things up for today.

If your ticket is Darlington to Queen Street, via Edinburgh, then you could go back to Edinburgh for a few hours? The ScotRail section is open tickets, so as long as you're on your proper East Coast train home, then you'll be fine.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook