Menu

Pages (79)    133 34 3579   
Dan   20 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm
(20 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm)Tom wrote Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

Otherwise was quite impressed and I still can't see many faults with GCT to see what people are complaining about.

As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

At the end of each week, the bus operator must provide Nexus with any revenue taken on-board the bus. Nexus will be able to tell if this is the correct amount of revenue by looking at how many tickets have been issued. If a ticket is not issued, Nexus cannot provide any evidence of that passenger being on board the bus, and hence the operator would not need to provide this cash to Nexus.

I would report this to Nexus, for Gateshead Central Taxis to investigate. It will also allow for Nexus' own revenue protection team to travel on-board the buses, if they are suspicious of this activity.
Tom   20 Feb 2017, 6:03 pm
(20 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm)Dan wrote As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

At the end of each week, the bus operator must provide Nexus with any revenue taken on-board the bus. Nexus will be able to tell if this is the correct amount of revenue by looking at how many tickets have been issued. If a ticket is not issued, Nexus cannot provide any evidence of that passenger being on board the bus, and hence the operator would not need to provide this cash to Nexus.

I would report this to Nexus, for Gateshead Central Taxis to investigate. It will also allow for Nexus' own revenue protection team to travel on-board the buses, if they are suspicious of this activity.

Cheers Dan, I thought something wasn't right there.

I will do that if I see it again as Nexus will probably loose money from it.
Malarkey   20 Feb 2017, 9:42 pm
(20 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm)Tom wrote Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

Otherwise was quite impressed and I still can't see many faults with GCT to see what people are complaining about.

(20 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm)Dan wrote As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

Happens on a daily basis on the 37/73, so I would imagine Nexus don't see a penny from GCT.
Dan   20 Feb 2017, 9:48 pm
(20 Feb 2017, 9:42 pm)Malarkey wrote Happens on a daily basis on the 37/73, so I would imagine Nexus don't see a penny from GCT.

Again, I would advise you to report it to Nexus as well.

Not just because of Nexus' loss of earnings, but if Nexus have no evidence of passengers using these services, they could look to axe these services in future.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   20 Feb 2017, 10:02 pm
Maybe that is why their bids are so low for contracts then because Nexus gets no money off them... will send a email to Nexus now.
Jimmi   02 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm
Bluebird SF14HAO is operating the 37/73 in place of a Solo SR today.
Tom   07 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm
Anyone know what they have got to operate the W3 and 335?
Michael   08 Mar 2017, 10:09 am
Off yesterday

PB1099280/69 Registered (Short notice)
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route: Walker Bus Terminus, Newcastle to Four Lane Ends Interchange, Benton
Service number: 18 (18A)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 30 Apr 2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
makem1   08 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm

Were GCT getting the money!, reminds me of conductors on the last night buses, never issued a ticket and just took what ever was offered, classed it as their tip!
Tom   08 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm
(08 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm)makem1 wrote Were GCT getting the money!, reminds me of conductors on the last night buses, never issued a ticket and just took what ever was offered, classed it as their tip!

Haven't got a clue, not sure if the drivers have been told to take the money to avoid Nexus getting some of it (if they do) as it seems to happen on most of their buses, or they are just taking it for themselves.
Adrian   09 Mar 2017, 9:09 pm
Can we avoid the tittle-tattle, and if you have any genuine concerns about a contracted service, please contact Nexus directly instead? Such discussion on a forum isn't the greatest idea, especially when you're unlikely to have any substance to back the statements up.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Andreos1   14 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm
(17 Feb 2017, 3:42 pm)Tom wrote Ah right cheers, thought the 335 would have been more! Bluebirds it will be I guess then.

Keep your eye open for new vehicles later on the year. Possibly towards late summer/autumn.

This also ties in with the new vehicle testing facility that's being planned.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   14 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote Keep your eye open for new vehicles later on the year. Possibly towards late summer/autumn.

This also ties in with the new vehicle testing facility that's being planned.

Ah right cheers, might just get loans for the 335 and W3 then unless they have enough to cover it.
Dan   14 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm)Tom wrote Ah right cheers, might just get loans for the 335 and W3 then unless they have enough to cover it.

I believe Gateshead Central Taxis are in line to purchase Go North East's Volvo B10BLE 4919 and Dennis Trident 3866. Not really 'new', but it'll release vehicles which do conform to the contractual requirements for these services.

I noticed two Bluebirds were on service 73 yesterday - usually Solos.
park5354   14 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm)Dan wrote I believe Gateshead Central Taxis are in line to purchase Go North East's Volvo B10BLE 4919 and Dennis Trident 3866. Not really 'new', but it'll release vehicles which do conform to the contractual requirements for these services.

515 had a bluebird today.  One day last week saw a solo on 68.
Dan   14 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm)park5354 wrote 515 had a bluebird today.  One day last week saw a solo on 68.

I think it was Monday last week that they had the Streetlite on the 592 or 593 service - usually a Bluebird. Possibly the day when they had the Solo on 68 as a result...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   14 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm)Dan wrote I believe Gateshead Central Taxis are in line to purchase Go North East's Volvo B10BLE 4919 and Dennis Trident 3866. Not really 'new', but it'll release vehicles which do conform to the contractual requirements for these services.

Cheers, Bluebirds will most likely be used on the W3, and maybe T807CBW and X919WGR on the 335?

Forgot they also got the M71 too but that will most likely be a Bluebird
Jimmi   14 Mar 2017, 4:45 pm

Apparently T708CBW has been on the 515 and 558 a fair bit recently as well.
Malarkey   14 Mar 2017, 10:58 pm

Been one on again today, hope to god it's not on tomorrow.
Dan   16 Mar 2017, 6:03 pm
(14 Mar 2017, 10:58 pm)Malarkey wrote Been one on again today, hope to god it's not on tomorrow.

There was one on the 1600ish 73 from Sunderland today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
jaimz13   20 Mar 2017, 1:56 pm
Has their been news on what bused been on 335 W3

Jmoss
Adrian   20 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm
(20 Mar 2017, 1:56 pm)jaimz13 wrote Has their been news on what bused been on 335 W3

SF14HAE has been on the W3.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
GuyParkRoyal   20 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm
(20 Mar 2017, 1:56 pm)jaimz13 wrote Has their been news on what bused been on 335 W3

YX12 CHN and YJ64 DVT were sent out on the 335 this morning.
dannygee   20 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm
(20 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote YX12 CHN and YJ64 DVT were sent out on the 335 this morning.

There was a bluebird and solo on 335
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LVK 404L   21 Mar 2017, 12:02 pm
Ex GNE B10 4919 on 558 today still with fleet number 4919. The service number on front display is on the left though is this not a breach of DDA as thought the number had to be pavement side.
Tom   22 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm
These have a Strata but unsure whether or not it is on loan, or a purchase?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/32...ateposted/
Dan   22 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm
(22 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm)Tom wrote These have a Strata but unsure whether or not it is on loan, or a purchase?

Was a mention on Facebook that it's been acquired for new contracts.

Tom   22 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm
(22 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm)Dan wrote Was a mention on Facebook that it's been acquired for new contracts.

Ah right cheers, they need to get the destination sorted like!

Have to say GCTs operation of the 335 (so far anyway) has been spot on compared to Phoenix.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Charles41   22 Mar 2017, 8:37 pm
No change of keeper registered so assume it's just on loan.

Charles
Jimmi   25 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm
(22 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm)Tom wrote These have a Strata but unsure whether or not it is on loan, or a purchase?

They have at least two at the moment, I photographed DF66 AEC on the 643 today.
[Image: 32832875403_7a36a24427.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: DF66AEC by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Pages (79)    133 34 3579