Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2017
(06 May 2017, 8:29 am)LivingOnGNE wrote 5425 had a crash  Angry

Guessing that's the same vehicle mentioned in the bus incidents thread.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(06 May 2017, 6:25 am)Dan wrote No longer planned to go for refurbishment due to the impending return of 5292, 5332 was stripped of its Cinderella Bus promotional livery yesterday afternoon.

Is it going straight for repaint?

Which depot will 5292 be allocated?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 May 2017, 9:27 am)Michael wrote Which depot will 5292 be allocated?

If it is going for refurbishment instead of 5332, would it not be best to allocate it to Riverside to keep the planned number of refurbished spares at Riverside the same?
(05 May 2017, 8:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote Yes, you will have - 5234-5242/50/3 all gained the revised taglines either today or yesterday.

Not all have been done. There was one sitting in Stanley before with white route details and map on rear.
(06 May 2017, 2:40 pm)S813 FVK wrote Not all have been done. There was one sitting in Stanley before with white route details and map on rear.

Vehicles that have not been done include (if more than these two) 5235 and 5240.
Waggonway Solar 4958 has gained a replacement ZF 5HP-502 Gearbox out of a cannibalised B10 Renown, And now goes like stink due to the different setup to the Solar and Air Throttle of the Scania, Making it a rather unique Solar in the fleet.

Regardless of that, Anyone wanting a good run on a Solar, This is the one to get.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Site Administrator
(07 May 2017, 3:58 pm)Michael wrote When will 9097 enter service?

It is being used on a Private Hire tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
New ticket machines quite kool. A lot quicker than the previous machines. However seems a bit unsturdy on the wooden blocks
(07 May 2017, 4:08 pm)Dan wrote It is being used on a Private Hire tomorrow.

Oh, didn't know they could use buses on demo as Private Hire.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 May 2017, 4:36 pm)Michael wrote Oh, didn't know they could use buses on demo as Private Hire.

You can, as long as it is fitted with a tachograph.

You may be able to make out the digital tachograph from the photo I uploaded to Flickr of the dash on 9097.

(07 May 2017, 4:54 pm)Dan wrote You can, as long as it is fitted with a tachograph.

You may be able to make out the digital tachograph from the photo I uploaded to Flickr of the dash on 9097.

Trial on X9/X10 then? Tongue
Jamie M
Unregistered
(07 May 2017, 4:57 pm)S813 FVK wrote Trial on X9/X10 then? Tongue

I think Dan's flickr picture was a lie..
Here's the real one.. It even features all appropriate blobs!

[Image: this.jpg]
(07 May 2017, 5:31 pm)Jamie M wrote I think Dan's flickr picture was a lie..
Here's the real one.. It even features all appropriate blobs!

[Image: this.jpg]

And then 60 all come at once!!!!!!!!
Site Administrator
(07 May 2017, 4:57 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Heres hoping it's out on Tuesday when I have a few hours spare.

It's going to be allocated to Hexham, so should be making its way there after use today. Likely to be parked up for driver familiarisation tomorrow, and allocated to services X81/185/681 from Wednesday all being well.

(07 May 2017, 11:02 pm)dannygee wrote Do GNE do a lot of private hire work?

A growing amount, these days. Go North East are now getting involved in Rail Replacement work for Virgin Trains East Coast and Northern, too.
Site Administrator
The Black Cats brand is finally being unveiled today, with Solo SR 681 being the first to be branded this morning.

.jpg Black Cats.jpg
(08 May 2017, 6:45 am)Dan wrote The Black Cats brand is finally being unveiled today, with Solo SR 681 being the first to be branded this morning.

That looks really good - worth the wait. I'd expect comments relating to laziness on how they have just stolen the Toon Link brand and put it on a red base though.
(08 May 2017, 6:45 am)Dan wrote The Black Cats brand is finally being unveiled today, with Solo SR 681 being the first to be branded this morning.

I really like that, like how they've gone for Toonlink style.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

what service is this for again pls
Site Administrator
(08 May 2017, 7:35 am)jamjam9207 wrote what service is this for again pls

Solos 681/689/690 are to be allocated to service 33.

Dan with 6 Versa's now in Blue for the 36, whats happening to rest of the Versa's at Deptford?, will another on go in the new cooperate livery to move to Chester, while 8328 goes to Riverside.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Looks good, nice how it's been stylized around Toon Link.
(08 May 2017, 6:42 am)Dan wrote It's going to be allocated to Hexham, so should be making its way there after use today. Likely to be parked up for driver familiarisation tomorrow, and allocated to services X81/185/681 from Wednesday all being well.

Remind me how long it's here for so I can see where to fit in tracking it down into my rather congested schedule. Hopefully next Tuesday all being well.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Jamie M
Unregistered
.pdf T1_-_T2_times_publication.pdf

This may be of some use to some (S813FVK) people. These are the official times, I spent almost 2 hours carrying on inside word to get it anywhere near presentable, and even then the PDF conversion messed up some formatting.

*Note: File may not start downloading on Tapatalk.