Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017
(10 Jun 2017, 6:33 pm)James M wrote A bit off topic but this was the best place to put this?
Is there an acknowledgement of sorts between enthusiasts? You know, if you are on a bus and someone else is spotting, wouldn't it be handy to have a certain wave which means something along the lines of 'Hello, I am an enthusiast!'
Any ideas lol?

You mean you don't know the secret handshake? Wink
(10 Jun 2017, 6:35 pm)LeeCalder wrote 564 and 574 both at Saltmeadows

Good, haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm)Dan wrote Mentioned the other day that both were VOR (with engine issues). Not worth repairing, so have been withdrawn.

Whats allocated to the X36 now?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2017, 10:03 am)Michael wrote Ah right, cheers.

Is 5466 out today?, forgot to add yesterday, the "Black Cats" brand suits the Streetlites.

I agree it looks great on both the streetlite and the solo. Suits them better than it does on the Scania.
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
(10 Jun 2017, 7:29 pm)Michael wrote Whats allocated to the X36 now?

5284 was on this afternoon.
Is 9097 - Mercedes Sprinter still at Hexham on demo, if so how much longer does it have?

Also is it still likely that 9099 - Optare Metrodecker will return for further trials, will it return to Chester le Street again or a different depot?
(10 Jun 2017, 4:11 pm)Ambassador wrote Another unIDd Angel died at 12.30 at Front St. I was mid run for the 78 so missed fleet num

No idea if it was being kept local for a reason, but there was an un'id B5 on the Rod Stewart P&R last night.

I saw it operating that, rather than the 21, even though it would have been during the peaks.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(10 Jun 2017, 6:04 pm)EL1TE wrote 564 Withdrawn? At Saltmeadows Road Depot looking rather taken apart..

Yes, along with 574.
Why can't Deptford get allocations right lately?

Prince Bishops is down one branded vehicle so not including that and now both MPD's are withdrawn, means allocations is all over..... i would be annoyed if i was promised WIFI, USB ports but got a Scania and then  seen the bus with WIFI etc on a route which doesn't normally have them...so example Wear Express Citaro on the 9. 

Not really a gold standard service is it?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2017, 10:16 pm)thetravelman wrote Is 9097 - Mercedes Sprinter still at Hexham on demo, if so how much longer does it have?

Also is it still likely that 9099 - Optare Metrodecker will return for further trials, will it return to Chester le Street again or a different depot?

It was on the X81/185/681 routes on Friday
(11 Jun 2017, 11:10 am)Michael wrote Why can't Deptford get allocations right lately?

Prince Bishops is down one branded vehicle so not including that and now both MPD's are withdrawn, means allocations is all over..... i would be annoyed if i was promised WIFI, USB ports but got a Scania and then  seen the bus with WIFI etc on a route which doesn't normally have them...so example Wear Express Citaro on the 9. 

What is happening with the two spares they got with the Prince Bishops batch? Are they being used on the 20 or elsewhere?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Jun 2017, 12:07 pm)Adrian wrote What is happening with the two spares they got with the Prince Bishops batch? Are they being used on the 20 or elsewhere?

Not sure but one should be allocated to the 20 anyway due one of the branded ones being off the road.

The other branded one was on the 56 the other day.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jun 2017, 11:10 am)Michael wrote Why can't Deptford get allocations right lately?

I would be satisfied if the bus actually turned up. I would be peeved off it they didn't run a journey on a service because the only bus they had spare didn't have the features normally advertised.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(11 Jun 2017, 1:42 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I would be satisfied if the bus actually turned up. I would be peeved off it they didn't run a journey on a service because the only bus they had spare didn't have the features normally advertised.

So would i but still.... your service advertises it has WIFI etc and you get a bus without it and then, you see the bus on a different route, bit annoying tbh
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jun 2017, 1:44 pm)Michael wrote So would i but still.... your service advertises it has WIFI etc and you get a bus without it and then, you see the bus on a different route, bit annoying tbh

Fairly used to that happening in Durham - because of the layout of the city and plethora of roadworks, it's often the case that everything gets delayed, so arriva start pushing out whatever's waiting that's been held up previously. Sometimes it's as simple as various sapphire vehicles (ie 6, 24 and 22 getting rotated) s that makes little difference (the pulsars feel like a comfort uprade vs their streetlites, tbh!) but sometimes the result is that one of the Max ALX 400s gets rotated in, or one of their plain pulsars - or in desperation a solo or frequenta E200. Once one goes out, it's hard to correct it without finding extra vehicles or, as Gary mentioned, further runs being missed, which pees everybody off!
Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2017, 10:16 pm)thetravelman wrote Is 9097 - Mercedes Sprinter still at Hexham on demo, if so how much longer does it have?

The original loan agreement was for four weeks - so it should be going back any time now, really.

Although it was originally intended for 9099 to come back to Go North East after it underwent annual PSV test at Optare, it has now left the fleet and will not come back (for the foreseeable future, anyway). Go North East are satisfied from the data they have obtained from it, during its extended loan period.

(12 Jun 2017, 5:59 am)Michael wrote Couple of more Streetlites spotted at Heysham: No reg so not sure if they're the same bus haha

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alis...ateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alis...ateposted/

Photo by Alistair

I would imagine it/they could arrive later today?

5464 (NK17 GHU) and 5467 (NK17 GHY).

Four due this week but 5463 was delivered early when it arrived last week, so should be these two and a further one to come this week. I believe a further four have now left the factory and gone for PDI prior to shopping, so quite likely that we have some more arrive early too.
(12 Jun 2017, 6:24 am)Dan wrote 5464 (NK17 GHU) and 5467 (NK17 GHY).

Four due this week but 5463 was delivered early when it arrived last week, so should be these two and a further one to come this week. I believe a further four have now left the factory and gone for PDI prior to shopping, so quite likely that we have some more arrive early too.

Getting them quite fast, are we expecting Go North East to get them in for checks and to be branded and out quickly as possible?
As it seems to be the case with the one which entered service on the 61 the other day.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(12 Jun 2017, 6:31 am)Michael wrote Getting them quite fast, are we expecting Go North East to get them in for checks and to be branded and out quickly as possible?
As it seems to be the case with the one which entered service on the 61 the other day.

Yes - they'll be drip-fed into service.

I think 5466 was only used as Deptford had to supply a bus for the Rod Stewart Park & Ride service in operation on Friday night, otherwise it wouldn't have been allocated to service work so soon. Should only really be allocated as last resort (i.e. if they don't, they'd lose mileage) until Wednesday, as the Next Stop Announcements have yet to be tested, and there's a couple of other things that need sorting yet.
(12 Jun 2017, 6:36 am)Dan wrote Yes - they'll be drip-fed into service.

I think 5466 was only used as Deptford had to supply a bus for the Rod Stewart Park & Ride service in operation on Friday night, otherwise it wouldn't have been allocated to service work so soon. Should only really be allocated as last resort (i.e. if they don't, they'd lose mileage) until Wednesday, as the Next Stop Announcements have yet to be tested, and there's a couple of other things that need sorting yet.

Will they be allocated to the 2/2A and 39 in fleet order or in any order?

So 5466 allocated to the 2/2A and so on
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jun 2017, 10:32 am)Michael wrote Will they be allocated to the 2/2A and 39 in fleet order or in any order?

So 5466 allocated to the 2/2A and so on

I don't think there would be any point in doing something like that. They are all the same vehicle type and have the same branding.
newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/go-north-east-is-gannin-alang-the-scotswood-road-in-branded-blaydon-race-buses-245740

Looks like the crusader is the last of the mercs to be refurbed.....for the moment
Loving the 'beep' on the new ticket machines - much better than the old ones although I definitely noticed the time difference as previously mentioned.

What has happened to the new ticket machines? Are they leased from the manufacturer or are they fully owned by Go North East themselves? I sense that the ticket machines on the 49/Diamond Streetlites were not brand new but if they were, it would be a big cost to buy them to replace them only a few months later.
Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Jamie M
Unregistered
(12 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm)Ambassador wrote Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!
8? Is that a new record?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(12 Jun 2017, 5:05 pm)Jamie M wrote 8? Is that a new record?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Possibly. They appeared to regulate 2 of them. Wasn't helped by an X88 hogging both stands
Wistfully stuck in the 90s