You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017
(12 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm)Ambassador wrote Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!

Are those roadworks still going on outside Komatsu in Birtley? They were causing havoc last week.

Having said that though, there should be absolutely no excuse for sending all eight into Newcastle together. Turning them at Gateshead vs sending them through a congested City Centre both directions...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Are there any plans for new buses in Durham such as the 50 or the 21 does anyone know?
(12 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm)Ambassador wrote Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!

That's a whole hour's worth!

Any delays on the X21 or X12?

(12 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm)OW1762 wrote Are there any plans for new buses in Durham such as the 50 or the 21 does anyone know?
IIRC, the 50 is run by Washington, now and the 21, as ever, Chester le Street. The 21 is due new buses, at some point within the next year or so, though the X9/X10 is getting them first as it has a much more pressing need for buses that aren't completely knackered!
(12 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm)Adrian wrote Are those roadworks still going on outside Komatsu in Birtley? They were causing havoc last week.

Having said that though, there should be absolutely no excuse for sending all eight into Newcastle together. Turning them at Gateshead vs sending them through a congested City Centre both directions...

They are, they were regulating everything into Gateshead one day last week. There was also a demo in Newcastle around Blackett St but didn't seem to impact much. 

The X12 was running about 28 minutes late too which if you apply that logic to a stopping high frequency service does suggest a problem en route. 

New buses for the 21. Think of the worst choice possible and you'll have your answer ?
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(12 Jun 2017, 6:24 am)Dan wrote 5464 (NK17 GHU) and 5467 (NK17 GHY).

Four due this week but 5463 was delivered early when it arrived last week, so should be these two and a further one to come this week. I believe a further four have now left the factory and gone for PDI prior to shopping, so quite likely that we have some more arrive early too.

I forgot to ask how long does it take to the do the checks on the buses before they're shipped over?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jun 2017, 10:58 pm)Ambassador wrote They are, they were regulating everything into Gateshead one day last week. There was also a demo in Newcastle around Blackett St but didn't seem to impact much. 

The X12 was running about 28 minutes late too which if you apply that logic to a stopping high frequency service does suggest a problem en route. 

New buses for the 21. Think of the worst choice possible and you'll have your answer ?

I am sure that having evaluated the MetroDecker, ADL Enviro and the Wright StreetDeck that Go North East will buy the vehicle that meets their criteria e.g. Low carbon certification, Fuel economy, specification, price.
They won't be Volvo as, apart from the hybrid, they do not offer a Low Carbon certified bus.
5439 on the 20, front destination scrambled up with wavy yellow lines, but side and rear displays are ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(13 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm)Michael wrote Stand changes in Park Lane 26th June
With the E1, E2 and E6 moving out, GNE and Nexus have taken the opportunity to rejig the stands used, basically meaning that the island stands S, T and V will be very little used, with the only daytime service being the 700 and X36 .
(13 Jun 2017, 5:21 pm)missedbus wrote With the E1, E2 and E6 moving out, GNE and Nexus have taken the opportunity to rejig the stands used, basically meaning that the island stands S, T and V will be very little used, with the only daytime service being the 700 and X36 .

700 doesn't stop in stand V anymore it stops at Stand H

X36 is withdrawn in July so from July no services will use the middle stands.

Seems a waste of bus station now, as more buses are getting pulled out

Maybe Stagecoach could come back in and have stand S, T and V. (one way - so towards Plains Farm/Springwell etc only) 

Stand S - 3/12/13 
Stand T - 4,  8, 16, 23
Stand V - 10/11/20
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm)Michael wrote 700 doesn't stop in stand V anymore it stops at Stand H

X36 is withdrawn in July so from July no services will use the middle stands.

Seems a waste, maybe Stagcoach could sneak back in haha

By me the interchange was built at wrong place, should of built the bus station at the alternative site before deciding to built it with the metro station combined, the alternative site was where Debenhams is now with buses coming in from green terrace and exit out onto crowtree road with the stands as lane then it would of been combined with the bridges extension, Debenhams should of been built on the old park lane bus station and depot.

(13 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm)cbma06 wrote By me the interchange was built at wrong place, should of built the bus station at the alternative site before deciding to built it with the metro station combined, the alternative site was where Debenhams is now with buses coming in from green terrace and exit out onto crowtree road with the stands as lane then it would of been combined with the bridges extension, Debenhams should of been built on the old park lane bus station and depot.

Ye, its definitely in the wrong place, its so out of place of anywhere, should of been built in to the bridges as you said.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jun 2017, 9:18 pm)BusLoverMum wrote That's a whole hour's worth!

Any delays on the X21 or X12?

IIRC, the 50 is run by Washington, now and the 21, as ever, Chester le Street. The 21 is due new buses, at some point within the next year or so, though the X9/X10 is getting them first as it has a much more pressing need for buses that aren't completely knackered!

Ok thank you, is the 50 due new buses do you know?

Why are all the MPDs suddenly being withdrawn?
(13 Jun 2017, 7:59 pm)OW1762 wrote Ok thank you, is the 50 due new buses do you know?

Why are all the MPDs suddenly being withdrawn?

Doubt the 50 will get new buses anytime soon, it was said the new few years, orders on single deckers will be low.

The 2 MPD's at Deptford were withdrawn as both are off road and it wasn't worth them being fixed as they'll be replaced soon anyway.... They would gone in July anyway with the X36 getting withdrawn.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jun 2017, 7:58 am)Acky81 wrote Who said the x36 was going?
Any other sunderland changes?

Go North East confirmed the service's withdrawl yesterday in response to a query on their facebook page. They just said that more details would appear soon.
Site Administrator
8306 back at Deptford in fleet livery. "Fantastic people" variant.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(14 Jun 2017, 11:05 am)Dan wrote 8306 back at Deptford in fleet livery. "Fantastic people" variant.

Are all the Versa's going "Go North East"?

Where are they going to be allocated once all the Streetlites are in service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jun 2017, 11:11 am)Michael wrote Are all the Versa's going "Go North East"?

Where are they going to be allocated once all the Streetlites are in service.

I wonder if Chester would gain more versas for service 28/28A?.

(14 Jun 2017, 11:13 am)cbma06 wrote I wonder if Chester would gain more versas for service 28/28A?.

Wait the verses are going?
Site Administrator
Percy Main has received ADL E200 demonstrator 9096.

Three week trial - first week on 40/41, second week on 42/42A, third week on service 19.

Possibly ready to enter service by tomorrow afternoon.

Site Administrator
(14 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote 5463 in service at Deptford as expected: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/35...ateposted/

Still wish that they would move the ticket prices and website link down but its getting more bearable the more pictures I see.

Route details for the 2/2A and 39 may be added yet, hence the current placement.

If it is decided not to add route details, the gold banner will be moved down. Unlikely that route details will be added, as this would mean they'd have to be allocated to specific services.
(14 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm)Dan wrote Route details for the 2/2A and 39 may be added yet, hence the current placement.

If it is decided not to add route details, the gold banner will be moved down. Unlikely that route details will be added, as this would mean they'd have to be allocated to specific services.

In that case, i'll let them off Tongue

I wouldn't add route details, but I would suggest that, to take advantage of services 2/2A and 39 being under the same brand and to the same specification, they could advertise the 7/8 minute frequency from Chester Road to Ryhope Road via City Centre. This maybe should be done via the timetable or service tabs on the website rather than on the buses themselves though, just to keep all buses within the brand looking the same.
(14 Jun 2017, 11:26 am)OW1762 wrote Wait the verses are going?

The remaining Versa's should be leaving Deptford once there's enough Streetlites to replace them.

Not confirmed though, maybe some from Go North East could confirm fleet movements.

Edit: 

Seen this on Dan's photo:

The existing Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles on service 39 will be re-allocated to services 38 and 61, while the Optare Versas are expected to transfer out of Deptford Depot, for fleet standardisation

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83823112@N03/35177510831/
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(14 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm)Dan wrote Percy Main has received ADL E200 demonstrator 9096.

Three week trial - first week on 40/41, second week on 42/42A, third week on service 19.

Possibly ready to enter service by tomorrow afternoon.

[Image: 35266907006_08c81dbc01.jpg]Go North East: 9096 / YX17NXA by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 35266905186_aba7623e86.jpg]Go North East: 9096 / YX17NXA by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 34919714040_fb39cca468.jpg]Go North East: 9096 / YX17NXA by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
I hope they plan on removing the Free WiFi and NSA symbols from the rear of 627 (and I imagine the rest of the 2011 solos) soon!

3891 has its original registration (NK51 UCU) back too.