You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017

Poll: Attendance roll call: Are you going?

You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes 8 (57.14%)
No 6 (42.86%)
Undecided 0 (0%)
* You voted for this item. Total: 14 vote(s) (100%)

Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017

RE: Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017
(17 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Confirmed Arriva aren't attending.

Same problem as Spillers if I'm completely honest. I think it's going to be a trend im afraid. Fingers crossed for Seaburn.
(18 Jun 2017, 6:03 pm)Multi21 wrote Same problem as Spillers if I'm completely honest. I think it's going to be a trend im afraid. Fingers crossed for Seaburn.

What is the issue like? Is it something that the NEBPT could sort out with Arriva, as it is a shame not to see them attend anything?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I was at the event today and had a good time. Was able to ride all of the buses I wanted as the shuttle runs were regular. Was particularly pleased to get the Blackpool Transport Olympian 377 (M377 SCK).
however was a shame to see no Arriva presence, hopefully whatever the issue is can be sorted for future events. Space could also have been used better particularly at the Go North East part.

My photos from this event can be viewed at this link.
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
(18 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm)Pulsar wrote I was at the event today and had a good time. Was able to ride all of the buses I wanted as the shuttle runs were regular. Was particularly pleased to get the Blackpool Transport Olympian 377 (M377 SCK).
however was a shame to see no Arriva presence, hopefully whatever the issue is can be sorted for future events. Space could also have been used better particularly at the Go North East part.

My photos from this event can be viewed at this link.

I was pretty pleased to get that as well, probably the only preserved bus in attendance today that I've ridden in passenger service. Managed to record a video of my ride on it: https://youtu.be/NKGOtbTJ-pg

Photo of 377: https://flic.kr/p/VHx1GR
Photo of GNE 5466: https://flic.kr/p/VjN3p5
(18 Jun 2017, 8:47 pm)Adrian wrote What is the issue like? Is it something that the NEBPT could sort out with Arriva, as it is a shame not to see them attend anything?

When I e-mailed Doxford Park about us attending, the only reason I've been given is health and safety concerns.  They have apologised for the u-turn but apparently Nick Knox isn't keen on them attending any more.

In my opinion it's disgusting that they've done things like this since we've attended for the past 3-4 years without pay and putting a lot of hard effort into presenting their fleet on their behalf.  It was good PR for the company I think, but I think we all know the real reason is fuel costs because the company is trying to run itself on a shoestring at the moment.